The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Greywolf 🤗
Good morning Ness!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
icon_sunny.gif
snoopy2.gif

No heat? It's 7 degrees here. Why no heat?
Gas furnace went out yesterday. Not many good gas mechanics out there anymore some heating company’s don’t even have one. Third call the guy came (weekend price…) out to troubleshoot. Have to wait till Monday at least for things to be up and running as it’s a double injection system converted from oil. I’m not heavy on gas but the guy seemed to know his stuff and explained it to me where I felt comfortable. He has 30 years experience so I’m at his mercy so to speak. We are hunkered down with our fake fireplace in the bedroom to keep warm until it’s fixed.

I have a really “green” friend that uses family cloths. They are cut up tshirts and other soft fabrics that are used then put in a special container that are washed and reused. They also have regular paper for folks like me that wind up in there and see their setup for the first time…. She says she buys very little toilet paper and it saves trees. I have to admire that family they have very little recycle as they go out of their way to reduce their footprint. I don’t buy plastic bottles and I do recycle but I have my limits I guess…
ECAB1EAE-0717-428A-A72B-E51E48BF1D7A.jpeg

I have a really “green” friend that uses family cloths. They are cut up tshirts and other soft fabrics that are used then put in a special container that are washed and reused. They also have regular paper for folks like me that wind up in there and see their setup for the first time…. She says she buys very little toilet paper and it saves trees. I have to admire that family they have very little recycle as they go out of their way to reduce their footprint. I don’t buy plastic bottles and I do recycle but I have my limits I guess…
View attachment 318588
The left hand works good too

Gas furnace went out yesterday. Not many good gas mechanics out there anymore some heating company’s don’t even have one. Third call the guy came (weekend price…) out to troubleshoot. Have to wait till Monday at least for things to be up and running as it’s a double injection system converted from oil. I’m not heavy on gas but the guy seemed to know his stuff and explained it to me where I felt comfortable. He has 30 years experience so I’m at his mercy so to speak. We are hunkered down with our fake fireplace in the bedroom to keep warm until it’s fixed.

View attachment 318585

It went to 35 last night. My kitchen is about 52 so I’m thinking I’m ok for now. Will leave water dripping tho cause it will be below freezing tonight and in the 30s tomorrow.
Whoa! Commiseration! Just was there and did that and it certifiably sucks. Good that you have a good electric heater! If you were closer, I would loan you the five I picked up when we lost our furnace.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I don't get really clean, any minute residue burns my skin, so I use a bidet. I highly recommend it.

Whoa! Commiseration! Just was there and did that and it certifiably sucks. Good that you have a good electric heater! If you were closer, I would loan you the five I picked up when we lost our furnace.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I don't get really clean, any minute residue burns my skin, so I use a bidet. I highly recommend it.
Yes Sir a Bidet is the only way to go, mine is wired for cold water only
really wakes me up better than coffee.
That blast in the asss of what a feeling of being sparkling clean

Latest posts

Back