The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to treasure hunting. 'Fess up time: I have been very interested in two different treasures. To the point of joining the Beale Cipher Society back in the early 70's.

You can get you own copy of the Beale Cipher to have a whack at it. One of the three parts has been decoded. If you look it up and read what was decoded, you will understand the appeal from a mystery POV. It is an inventory of what was buried and where (sorta) it was buried. All you have to do is find the key to reading one of the other two ciphers. I tried with several books available back during the Siege of Lima, Peru.

The other one -- and here I wuz getting serious when the Costa Rican Gummint put a stop to all possible exploration on Cocos Island. Again, we know what the treasure consists of (eg: A billion dollars worth of gold, jewels, and a life-sized golden statue of Mary, etc. etc.) And in this case, I even have the treasure map. The problem is that the landscape has changed dramatically since the Treasure of Lima was buried there, and the starting point is useless.

Aw, hell... I'll share my treasure maps. It was used by the French expedition in 1952, and that is how I got into it.

Here (notice that North is radically different on the two maps:
1675463691766.png

1675464088140.png

Kewl map, eh? Well, the problem is that Cocos Island don't look like either of the maps ( one of which came from the pocketwatch of a dying guy who bequeathed it to his friend.

One big problem I have is hearing the ever-present announcer repeating what someone just said in a questioning tone... and with the utterly predictable follow-up:

"We found a piece of metal in the drill sample."

Announcer, immediately after:

"A piece of metal? In the drill sample? Is it possible that they may have found what could be an important clue? And if so, does that mean... yada?" <-- Repeat the same response over 100 times (not the slightest exaggeration).

But the fact of the matter is that I have been an Oak Island aficianado since the early 1950's when I read about it in Reader's Digest.

Unfortunately, the ridiculous restrictions/restraints put on the Laginas by the Canuckistan gummint have hampered the search to a very great degree.

There is no doubt in my military mind there is a treasure(s) down there in different "side rooms". The gold found in the water samples make that conclusion a no-brainer. The carbon-dating of human bones and buried wooden structures make it plain that Oak Island was regularly visited way the hell before Columbus made his trip to bring syphilis** back to the Old World.

**Some say syphilis existed in Europe before Columbus returned, but new evidence connects syphilis to Hispaniola natives with yaws (same bacterium -- Treponema pallidum).

"This first outbreak of syphilis, documented just two years after Columbus and his men sailed the ocean blue in 1492, is believed to have killed more than five million Europeans."

"In this case we have an example of a disease that went the other way, from Native Americans to Europeans," said Dr. Kristin Harper, a researcher in molecular genetics at Atlanta's Emory University.
Im on the same mind set as you Walt, and least we forget "its Templer Baby, and Top Pocket Find"

decarbed weed is regular weed baked in the over for 20 minutes or so at 200 degrees. plus or minus depending on who you ask...the purpose is that heat activates the THC in the weed...

decarbed weed is regular weed baked in the over for 20 minutes or so at 200 degrees. plus or minus depending on who you ask...the purpose is that heat activates the THC in the weed...
Aha... Such information never touched these virginal old ears. HTF I ever stayed so iggerunt about weed all these decades astonishes me. Thanks.
You gonna microdose decarbed weed Walt?
Umm... Glad you asked. If I were left to my own guesses, I'da prolly chewed up and swallowed a tablespoon or two. <-- I would do this only once, for it is a terrible waste.

Moreover... microdose??!! Oh, jeez. Again, the Gong Of Ignorance reverberates through yer Unca's ancient skull. I approach with crepitation hesitation to ask what some might classify as a "How the hell can he not fargin know!?" question:

What, Fair Lady, is a "microdose" in the world of stoners?

@boo and the world: I just had an apostrophe! When Boo 'splained how 200 degrees or so for 20 minutes

just lost my train of thought there

Back again: That's the fargin recipe to cook brownies! So that is how brownies work.

HAH! I learned sumpin' even if my monitor screen keeps moving. Like wave action onna sailboat.

An oddity I have just now noticed, somehow, being stoned like that lady inna bible seemingly does not affect my typing. Must be automatic by now. I type at the speed of measured speech.

Last edited:
Any-fargin-body? 🤔
The cannabinoids in cannabis occur as carboxylic acids, meaning their molecule includes a COOH (carbon, oxygen, oxygen, hydrogen) link. That makes the molecule polar and too large to pass the blood brain barrier to reach the CB-1 receptors in our brains.

Decarboxylating removes that link, allowing the remaining molecule to pass the blood brain barrier and achieve their effects. When I get Graywolfslair.com back on line, I'll share a link outlining how to do so.

The cannabinoids in cannabis occur as carboxylic acids, meaning their molecule includes a COOH (carbon, oxygen, oxygen, hydrogen) link. That makes the molecule polar and too large to pass the blood brain barrier to reach the CB-1 receptors in our brains.

Decarboxylating removes that link, allowing the remaining molecule to pass the blood brain barrier and achieve their effects. When I get Graywolfslair.com back on line, I'll share a link outlining how to do so.
Its thinking such as this that has made modern chemistry what it is today....

Latest posts

Back