The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O FER CRYNOUT LOUD!!

Tincture? What? What is "tincture", and I doan mean dye?
Walt a tincture is made with alcohol and weed buds
The alcohol is used to strip the trichomes (weed glands that you get high from) off the bud and suspends it into the alcohol thus making a tincture.
So no need to smoke a few drops in water or under the tongue for desired effect .

Walt a tincture is made with alcohol and weed buds
The alcohol is used to strip the trichomes (weed glands that you get high from) off the bud and suspends it into the alcohol thus making a tincture.
So no need to smoke a few drops in water or under the tongue for desired effect .
There is a bit more to making it but it is not hard
But one does use more buds then you are use to useing
7gs of bud makes 4ml of tincture approximately

I’ll hook you up with some tincture too Walt…
This is turning out to be a stellar day.

While I am on the subject, I changed my well-dipper plans to Mark 3 Mod 4.

I went to the Enormous Hardware Emporium with the idea of getting a new 16ft 3" PVC pipe so I wouldn't have to use one of the three I stored in my outbuilding 15 years ago.

I think I peed a little when I saw what they cost. YIKES. I will use the lovely (free) old, stored one.

But as a bonus, I got an internal cap for the bottom of the dipper. Had to saw off the big ring of flats around the bottom so the whole thing will fit inside the dipper pipe.

|U| <-- My welldipper bottom cross-section emoji the U is watertight

Bought a can of that blue icky stuff for PVC. Now I will have a much simpler, more robust design than my original.

Last edited:
This is turning out to be a stellar day.

While I am on the subject, I changed my well-dipper plans to Mark 3 Mod 4.

I went to the Enormous Hardware Emporium with the idea of getting a new 16ft 3" PVC pipe so I wouldn't have to use one of the three I stored in my outbuilding 15 years ago.

I think I peed a little when I saw what they cost. YIKES. I will use the lovely (free) old, stored one.

But as a bonus, I got an internal cap for the bottom of the dipper. Had to saw off the big ring of flats around the bottom so the whole thing will fit inside the dipper pipe.

Bought a can of that blue icky stuff for PVC. Now I will have a much simpler, more robust design than my original.
I thought you were gonna put a one way flapper valve in the bottom? Won’t it float with a cap?

I thought you were gonna put a one way flapper valve in the bottom? Won’t it float with a cap?
The whole end is sealed. A flapper is unnecessarily complex (eg: Mark 1 Mod 1)

Since the whole end is sealed, the pipe just goes down inside the other until it gets to where I drilled the 1" hole in it. Then the water begins to file the pipe with no need for a flapper valve. (Mark 2 Mod 1.)

But then, other problems arose, and some better engineering took place, and I would be out there right now, but we have a misty, almost drizzle. Bleah.

Since the whole end is sealed, the pipe just goes down inside the other until it gets to where I drilled the 1" hole in it. Then the water begins to file the pipe with no need for a flapper valve. (Mark 2 Mod 1.)

But then, other problems arose, and some better engineering took place, and I would be out there right now, but we have a misty, almost drizzle. Bleah.
How you gonna push that sealed pipe down to the 1” hole. I don’t think it will sink much past the sealed bottom. Maybe I need a picture

How you gonna push that sealed pipe down to the 1” hole. I don’t think it will sink much past the sealed bottom. Maybe I need a picture
Peecture, peecture, peecture!!!!!

Me, too. It would be like pushing an upside down glass into a bathtub.

Me, too. It would be like pushing an upside down glass into a bathtub.
It is more like dropping a looooong, thin, right-side-up sealed onna bottom glass tube into a tall bathtub/deep lake.

My Mark 1 Mod 1 hit water at about 12 feet (the top of the dipper pipe was about even with the top of the well pipe. The hole (there will be a coupla more) is about 9 feet from the closed bottom of the sipper pipe.

It might be easier to mentally picture how deep a 16' sealed PVC pipe three inches across would go if it were held vertically to displace its weight of water (not laying horizontally like a floating log).

The displacement of water in the vertical position allows the pipe to sink to the point where the hole(s) drilled with a 1" spreader begin to fill up the empty bottom.

The new mod will have a total of four holes, staggered in a short spiral. <-- That will have zerio effect on the strength of the pipe, but allow 4X the speed of fill once it gets to the water layer.

Even my peacocks stayed under the shelter of my front porch all day today... so you can betcha that I din' get out there to complete the latest mod.

Oh. One last thing: Had it come about that the pipe did not quite reach far enough down to allow the fill to begin before it floated in equilibrium, I have a ten-foot bamboo walking stick I could have used to push it down to trigger depth.

Last edited:
It is more like dropping a looooong, thin, right-side-up sealed onna bottom glass tube into a tall bathtub/deep lake.

My Mark 1 Mod 1 hit water at about 12 feet (the top of the dipper pipe was about even with the top of the well pipe. The hole (there will be a coupla more) is about 9 feet from the closed bottom of the sipper pipe.

It might be easier to mentally picture how deep a 16' sealed PVC pipe three inches across would go if it were held vertically to displace its weight of water (not laying horizontally like a floating log).

The displacement of water in the vertical position allows the pipe to sink to the point where the hole(s) drilled with a 1" spreader begin to fill up the empty bottom.

The new mod will have a total of four holes, staggered in a short spiral. <-- That will have zerio effect on the strength of the pipe, but allow 4X the speed of fill once it gets to the water layer.

Even my peacocks stayed under the shelter of my front porch all day today... so you can betcha that I din' get out there to complete the latest mod.

Oh. One last thing: Had it come about that the pipe did not quite reach far enough down to allow the fill to begin before it floated in equilibrium, I have a ten-foot bamboo walking stick I could have used to push it down to trigger depth.
I think you’re gonna need that 10 ft bamboo walking stick. Take some pics and don’t hurt yourself 😊
31CEDB91-85D5-454B-9FF7-E2ACF1A3F831.gif

Latest posts

Back