The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gooode morning!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
coffee.gif
sunny.gif

Well, one more pair of mods
Glad you got it working Walt. I guess you would want to boil that water before drinking it right?
Yes, No, and Maybe.

1. I have water purification tabs <-- But they are for streams with a big water boo in them, downhill from a ville in the jungle . They will keep you free of everything up to those white worms, but the water tastes like borax in gasoline.

2. The well is a drinkin' water well (capped), just not used for a silly $payoff reason.

3. The well in use for my house right now (five fargin feet away!) has sooper water.

4. I have checked the pipe test water (in jug to do the original volume gotten) = OK.

5. Emergency is emergency. Herself has not yet been shown how to make a Dakota fire pit. So we'll just drink it as it comes out. Just like a pump at a farm.

So if we get to #5, TS has most ricky-tick hit TF. At that point, you just trust the well and use minimum fire. Quote from that nasty Pawnee in Dances With Wolves: "Only a white man would make a fire in the open."

For not-so-bad-as-the-above emergencies, I have taught her how to make a volcano stove fire with the oak I have stacked in my outbuilding. It will hold a pot for cooking, etc.

LATE EDIT ADD: Re-read the above, and a thought smacked me: Jeez, I have, without planning, made some fargin real SHTF plans. Water, stored and constant food source, multi-year firewood stored, guns, swords, bayonets, etc., PM's Au/Ag/Cu, and located in a sane climate**

**The Unca Walt Location Selection Test:

Go out on the front lawn and lay down stark nekkid. If any of the following happens, the site has failed as a place to live permanently:

1. You die of exposure in 37 minutes (eg: picture my bro, Big's test result...)

2. The neighbors notice (double points if they call the cops)

I live now at the end of a dirt road that stops at a canal full of fish. My front yard is not visible from the road or the neighbors, and there is jungle on the far side.

So since all I would get is a sunburn and not death, it would appear my location suffices.

Last edited:
Having kung pao chicken, rice an a fat doobie in your honor today Ness 💕
View attachment 319255
I WANT YOUR RECIPE!! Please?

Here's my never-fail, sooper rice cooking method:

Dump the rice inna pot, and wash it with cold water two or three times.

Put enuf water inna pot to cover the rice to 1/3 deeper than the rice layer. Cover and cook, stirring every now and then until suddenly (watch for it) the water is all gone.

Puffeck, fluffy rice every time.

Last edited:
EMERGENCY UPDATE BECAUSE IT'S BOO'S FAULT (I am foobled)

Here's my never-fail, sooper rice cooking method:

Dump the rice inna pot, and wash it with cold water two or three times.

Put enuf water inna pot to cover the rice to 1/3 deeper than the rice layer.

Let it soak at least an hour before cooking.

Cover and cook, stirring every now and then until suddenly (watch for it) the water is all gone.

Puffeck, fluffy rice every time.

Latest posts

Back