The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I smell like pot...is that good or bad?
I smell like pot too. Finished wet trim on the last Hindsight plant. Now am down. to the last two girl crush. Maybe tomorrow I’m getting trim burnout. You should smell my garage. I should charge admission it smells so good in there…

Think he is a electrician.....
Oh he is special alright
1679089110721.png

for the first time since 1999 I have no flowering plants in my garden and will clean out my veg room tomorrow...I am going balls to the walls with disinfecting...ozone generator, bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and a potassium bicarbonate soaking for my veg girls...PM can be controlled but not eliminated so I am taking one for the team and have chopped down more than a pound dry weight of flowering girls...I've tried fighting it but it's got a foothold so it's war...I smoke my gear so it's got to be clean...tomorrow evening the flower room should be loaded and ready for the following 10 week run...I've got some very "special" genetics for the new run, more to follow...;)

for the first time since 1999 I have no flowering plants in my garden and will clean out my veg room tomorrow...I am going balls to the walls with disinfecting...ozone generator, bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and a potassium bicarbonate soaking for my veg girls...PM can be controlled but not eliminated so I am taking one for the team and have chopped down more than a pound dry weight of flowering girls...I've tried fighting it but it's got a foothold so it's war...I smoke my gear so it's got to be clean...tomorrow evening the flower room should be loaded and ready for the following 10 week run...I've got some very "special" genetics for the new run, more to follow...;)
Good luck with the clean out and starting new again. Hopefully getting everything clean and disinfected will help your future PM problems. I too am about out of flowers. The banana TK tent turned out awesome and I harvested these beautiful purple Hindsight plants yesterday and today. It’s the season for smelling the whole place up…
5C088D9D-7285-431C-B00C-453F5C4F6C12.jpeg
D7C47D15-CE90-4827-862D-A76BCD16ED68.jpeg

the last two plants to harvest are the Girl Crush plants which are not the best looking plants I’ve grown (large node spacing, wasted stem space where bud should be and kinda lanky) but I’m looking forward to having a few jars after you turned me on to the GC. It was really great weed I hope mine is at least close to your sample.
Hopefully soon all my seeds will have popped and everyone will be happy in their own pot for the next season.

Good luck with the clean out and starting new again. Hopefully getting everything clean and disinfected will help your future PM problems. I too am about out of flowers. The banana TK tent turned out awesome and I harvested these beautiful purple Hindsight plants yesterday and today. It’s the season for smelling the whole place up…View attachment 322415View attachment 322416

the last two plants to harvest are the Girl Crush plants which are not the best looking plants I’ve grown (large node spacing, wasted stem space where bud should be and kinda lanky) but I’m looking forward to having a few jars after you turned me on to the GC. It was really great weed I hope mine is at least close to your sample.
Hopefully soon all my seeds will have popped and everyone will be happy in their own pot for the next season.

that is just flat out purdy

02628986-8740-49CC-9916-61B21CB20516.jpeg

that is just flat out purdy

View attachment 322418
a shame to cut all that beautiful purple off in the trim bag. Buds are still a little purple but I don't think it will last thru cure. This one smells really good too big. You would love to hang outnin my garage. You get a little high just standing in there 🤣. I really got lucky with the two tents this year. No issues wow.

a shame to cut all that beautiful purple off in the trim bag. Buds are still a little purple but I don't think it will last thru cure. This one smells really good too big. You would love to hang outnin my garage. You get a little high just standing in there 🤣. I really got lucky with the two tents this year. No issues wow.

your diligence has paid off in spades

only strandivar i have ever come across where i had to wear latex gloves to trim was the Jackie-O

it had a terpene that made me cough , sneeze , and break out in hives if it got all over my hands

but talk about fragrances!…how about jet fuel laced tangerines with overtones of peppery mangoes

in my Top 10 for sure

to bad we cannot jar up the fragrances in your garage and sell them!

I’m glad the beans worked out for you Subbie, the girl crush is not a large yielder, but what she lacks in size she makes up for in potency. You seem to have done justice to your flowers, they look beautiful. I’ve got some very strong flavors I will be putting into flower directly. What bothers me the most is I don’t know the origin of the powdery mildew so I’m just going on faith that I get everything that can be gotten treated. If I never see that stuff again, it will be too soon.

I’m glad the beans worked out for you Subbie, the girl crush is not a large yielder, but what she lacks in size she makes up for in potency. You seem to have done justice to your flowers, they look beautiful. I’ve got some very strong flavors I will be putting into flower directly. What bothers me the most is I don’t know the origin of the powdery mildew so I’m just going on faith that I get everything that can be gotten treated. If I never see that stuff again, it will be too soon.
PM, holly crap! Plus you are dealing with major humidity. Sorry Boo. Yup, clean the s-hit out of everything. What a drag.

I find it ironic that I have it bad in my flower room where my humidity is down to 40% with the dehumidifier. My veg room humidity is up to 65% and I see traces on leaves but nothing I’m worried about. The veg plants will be treated with potassium bicarbonate, and neem oil sprayed on liberally tomorrow when the room is cleaned out. From what I’ve read, powdery mildew dies immediately when the alkalinity is low and that’s what the potassium bicarbonate does. The neem oil is used as a wetting agent.

I find it ironic that I have it bad in my flower room where my humidity is down to 40% with the dehumidifier. My veg room humidity is up to 65% and I see traces on leaves but nothing I’m worried about. The veg plants will be treated with potassium bicarbonate, and neem oil sprayed on liberally tomorrow when the room is cleaned out. From what I’ve read, powdery mildew dies immediately when the alkalinity is low and that’s what the potassium bicarbonate does. The neem oil is used as a wetting agent.

havent you used Oxidate in the past?

what i remember about using it on powdery mildew was that it neutralized the mildew in less than 24 hours

i recall reading the directions once and what all the different applications were possible by using Oxidate

one of the uses for big farms was to pour 55 gallon drums of it in irrigation ditches as a drench to combat soil born pathogens

another farm use was to wipe down and sterilize farm equipment

i said all thatntomsay this , which you probably already know , and i have done it before as a preventative measure , i sprayed down my grow room with Oxidate between every cycle

only had PM once

good luck in the war , my money is on you declaring VICTORY very soon!

40% and you have PM that bad? Wow...good I see Big just chimed in....he suffers from terminal PM. 🤣

Latest posts

Back