The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get the pods and hatch them yourself. It’s loads of fun watching them
The year wuz 1946. I had gone down to the briar patch with a big canning jar to hunt for praying mantis cocoons. Filled the sucker to the brim.

I left the jar in the cellar. Forgot all about them.

One day, my mother went down there to wash some clothes or sumpin', and screamed bloody murder. It seems I had neglected to put the cap back on the jar. (hey: i wuz 5 years old)

More or less in a short time-frame, all the cocoons had erupted little baby praying mantises. By the thousands.

Woke up today with a troubled mind and a heavy heart. Have an appointment at 5:30 to get our cat Tator put down. She is just short of 20 years old and all we are doing is keeping her alive. Her quality of life is gone. Can't process food or water and has quit using her cat box. Mrs Pute is a mess.....

View attachment 323058

iu

Good bye girl.....you will soon be out of pain.
I am still torn up about Fuzzy Britches. Lap cat. Sat there as I typed around her.

The year wuz 1946. I had gone down to the briar patch with a big canning jar to hunt for praying mantis cocoons. Filled the sucker to the brim.

I left the jar in the cellar. Forgot all about them.

One day, my mother went down there to wash some clothes or sumpin', and screamed bloody murder. It seems I had neglected to put the cap back on the jar. (hey: i wuz 5 years old)

More or less in a short time-frame, all the cocoons had erupted little baby praying mantises. By the thousands.
That happened to me too. Praying mantis babies all over the inside of my house. They hatched while I was at work. I had a panic attack when I saw them. Thousands. We found them for months

Latest posts

Back