The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that too !
1679871215962.png

I feel like a different person after taking the steroids. I wish I knew earlier.
Finally got some must needed attention on the garden and under control.
I hope everyone had a great day!!!! :)

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I am still in serious pain. Every time I left my left leg I get a sharp pain down the back side of my thigh and top of my calf like a sciatica. The left side of my foot is numb. I called the doctors hotline and they lady said, "didn't the doctor tell you about this pain"? NOT LIKE THIS!!! She is calling in a oral cortisone prescription for me. I don't know if that is going to work or not. This is fking crazy man, I feel like I am just dragging my leg behind me and every step is horrible. I just want to stay in bed. I already went to the hospital Friday morning....they gave me a muscle relaxer shot and dilaudid in my iv. Surgery was wednesday....I was hoping by now it would be getting better not worse.
There is one way where that pain is mitigated. Recliner chair. I use one (right now, actually). I have a similar problem in that if I sit down to dinner, by the time I am halfway done, my left arm is numb/owie, and so is my back.

One other thing to do as a regimen: Heat it up (pad). Cool it down. (pak)

LATE EDIT ADD: I see you have made progress. Kewl. Nevertheless, the Unca Walt recliner/heat/cold stuff has no negative side effects even long term. Worth trying.

Last edited:
Back atcha, Granger. Morning Walter. Walt, it's your neck that's making your arm go numb. Take it from a guy that's got severe cervical nerve damage along with severe sciatic nerve damage (both sides). Union construction pays well with great benefits, but it takes a toll. I'm beat up, but I'm still pretty. :)

Good morning peeps. Going to the botanical gardens today on a third grader field trip. Thunderstorms in the forecast maybe not the best day for the event but it is what it is…. Catching a quick one before I gotta leave. Y’all have a good day 🥰

Good morning peeps. Going to the botanical gardens today on a third grader field trip. Thunderstorms in the forecast maybe not the best day for the event but it is what it is…. Catching a quick one before I gotta leave. Y’all have a good day 🥰
Good morning SG! What fun and there is a place in heaven reserved for you as a grade school field trip volunteer!
bigarmhug.gif

Good morning Ness! Nice sunrise!
bigarmhug.gif

Happy Moon day all!
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

artemis-goddess-moon-goddess-2360990620.jpg

We shall see if that piece of heaven is still there for me when I get home from the trip. It’s my first field trip as an adult…😂🤣😂
I gained my insight the old fashion hard way, but with a group of high school students, so I avoided some of the issues with younger kids, but gained on the other end in spades because they were teenagers.

Tedious at times, but rewarding helping the kids safely experience new things, while vicariously sharing their excitement. Mostly I noted that the teachers need backup with large groups outside the classroom, for the unruly 10%.

Back atcha, Granger. Morning Walter. Walt, it's your neck that's making your arm go numb. Take it from a guy that's got severe cervical nerve damage along with severe sciatic nerve damage (both sides). Union construction pays well with great benefits, but it takes a toll. I'm beat up, but I'm still pretty. :)
Morning all

good morning folks, off to the gym and then I finally get to see the nephrologyst, seems I am dealing with kidney disease...been feeling lethargic and exhausted for months...not the way I roll...hopefully the disease hasn't gotten too far along...my GP has ignorantly watched the symptoms until they are pretty bad...time to find a different gp...enjoy the day peoples...

Latest posts

Back