The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to find more recipes for the food that I eat because it’s becoming somewhat monotonous. I believe I’m going to head out back and load up the kayak and meet my grandson out on the river. I might do more floating than paddling, but getting out, will do my mind good… I believe I am going to twist up a banana bubblegum joint for the ride… how old

Here's another question for my hotorcultural family; Whatzit? Found it growing on the west side on the clay banks down by the creek.

View attachment 329606
Red Barberry bush
1685297675918.png

As sick as I may be, I’m still a lucky guy to have the friends that I do. My buddy Robert came over today and went grocery shopping for me and then hung out with me while I just sat there and heaved my guts out because of the toxicity of my body. I am not sure how I’m going to last another four weeks before I see the doctors again, but there are no options other than to do what I can… I can’t remember ever feeling so ill… after reading Walt‘s post, I went out on the back porch and stuck a bunch of lead through the new suppressor I have for my 9 mm carbine… I don’t know why they’re never as quiet as you see on the movies
Subsonic ammo? It is a little more quiet. I've heard an AR .556/.223 with suppressor. Not subsonic ammo, it was about like a .22 LR normal. I understand 300 black out in subsonic is more quiet. I think the .45 ACP would be a natural. Low pressure and mostly subsonic with 230 grain pills.

The only gun I have heard silenced that was really movie quiet is .22 LR. It's was fired through a Ruger 10/22 with a silencer that was also the barrel. You could hear the hammer strike.

Bubba

got a lot of laughs from Redd Fox..my parents had a few of his 78 albums with some risqué comedy , the vinyl records were red vinyl

Redd lived in Taft Oklahoma when i was living in Tulsa and he was the Chief of Police in that town which was about 90% black

good times back then
They say his stand up act was very nasty, with no holds barred! Good clean fun.

Bubba

For my proteins I use nothing but organic chicken, fish and pork. All three items have close to doubled in the last year. Eating healthy is getting to be quite expensive… at least there are still items on the shelves, and in my part of the country we don’t have any wild natives that go in and tear stores apart, at least not yet…
Shhhsh, don’t tell them…

yeah, both Ivan and I are damaged goods...he's a strong willed dog, very resilient and full of energy...I think he senses I'm not feeling right, he's been laying at my feet for the last week if he's not outside...I gave thought to checking out my garden but just don't feel the love for it today...it may not be long until i'm dark for the first time in 23 years...
They know, oh they know. A couple days ago I was shopping at sam's club and just ran out of gas. Never felt like this, I'm pretty sure an 8 year old could of kicked my butte. Tired beyond belief, bordering on nausea, little appetite.

Managed to get home and unload. Took Friday off over it. Saturday, I couldn't mow the lawn. Never had that happen. Got it done today, putting out the effort seemed to blow the feeling away. Soaking in hot bathtub now!

I have three house puddy cats that are very close to their daddy. They were fussing among themselves who got to lay on me. The boy did, and he would snap and paw at the two girls when they were trying to take care of me! Quite funny.

Pretty cool today .At Jones beach we have the Blue Angels .They have been tearing up our skies for the last few days . Two flew real close and I waved .....
My pulled pork is coming into its last hour.
Cut down 2 autos today.
ready for a nap.....

Latest posts

Back