The outdoor/indoor scrog/non scrog grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpiritualHippie

Scroggin the world
Reaction score
The last 2 years I've been living in a small 500 sq/ft bachelor suite. No place to grow inside (or so I thought). I do however have this beautiful upper south facing deck that is completely secluded. Last year I got the itch (how could I not grow?) and decided to toss a few seeds in some pots and see what I could do with them outside. Very successful last year. Scrogged 2 plants and walked away with 3/4 lb.

This year I decided to scrog 2 plants and maybe toss a few stand up plants in for the measure. I always overseed to account for males. Well Karma must have been following me because from 8 seedlings that I kept I ended up with 7 females. The male went to my mom's where she planted it in her garden. She thinks they are a beautiful plant :) But unwilling to kill a perfectly healthy female I now have 7 plants growing. About 3 more than I planned but I'm not complaining :)

I have 5 different strains growing

1 Blackberry - Scrogged
Seeds were originally from Vancouver Seed Bank. The seeds I got from them sucked. I did manage to get 2 healthy plants, a male and female so I bred a few seeds and the resulting strain was much more stable. I grew once before, a milder high. I'm growing again to retest the plant. I'm hoping with a lower thc content that it may have a higher cbd %. This one I'm growing as a possible medical strain. And well....Because its pretty! :)

1 Jock Horror - Scrogged
This is Nirvana's jock horror strain.

3 Skunk
This is Nirvana's Skunk Special. Bred that one out for a nice bank of skunk seeds

1 Walter White
This is my own strain. A cross of White Widow and Snow White. I have smoked this one exclusively the last couple years. Very easy to grow, little problems, hard to over fertilize. And well its extremely potent. I was labeling it WW until the stoner downstairs called it Walter White because of how strong it is. I thought it was a good name.

1 Ripper
This is a cross of Nirvana's Jock Horror and Skunk Special. I've never grown this out before. I had a good germ rate on these but once the seeds popped they all died off but one. The strain is unstable but the one plant that did grow was wonderfully healthy. I figured I'd grow it out to see what the smoke was like but with the poor results on the seeds it will have to be something special for me to try theses seeds again.

Veg Ferts
AN Grow A+B - Base nutes
Multi-Zyme - Enzyme breaks down dead roots, promotes new root growth
Mikes - Bacteria culture to help with root growth and fert uptake
Icing Sugar - Used in conjunction with the mikes as the equivalant of AN Carboload.

Bloom Ferts
AN Connisour- Base nutes
AN Big Bud - Bloom additive used up to week 6
Overdrive - Weeks 6/7 resets the internal process of the plant and causes it to begin a 2nd round of pistol growth
Nutriboost - About week 3 when buds begin to form. Just me giving the plants a little power up in case anything is missing

The plants that are not scrogged are only in 1 gallon pots. Bigger pots I'm sure would have made a huge difference but hey I only have so much room. They pretty much need to be watered daily during bloom.

Here is the status as of Sept 25.

After a summer of outdoor fun, I have to guess at the plants flowering week based on experience. Not 100% sure the day mother nature flipped them.

Blackberry - Last week of Overdrive. 2 week flush. Then harvest
Skunk - Last week of base nutes. Then begin overdrive
Walter White - Last week of base nutes. Then begin overdrive
Jock Horror - 10-12 week strain. Long ways to go
Ripper - Guessing a 10-12 week strain as well

Finally with frost hitting in early Oct, I had to bring them in.

The 2 scrog buckets will go in the attic with a blower, air cooled hood vented out the roof, and a 1000 watt hps light. I use hot water tank foil insulation to wrap the grow. This is an instant growroom. I can assemble or disassemble in 20 minutes.

Not really equipped for anything else, so suddenly my bathroom became my new grow room!! 400 watt mh conversion bulb and a 400 watt hps.

Yes I know its not ideal. No reflectors, a lot of wasted lumens, etc. But these other 5 plants are bonus plants. I will do the best I can.

The plants move out in the morning and get about 7 hours of sun. They then move inside for the last 5 hours. Or if its a cloudy day then they stay in.

View attachment _DSC0029 (Small).JPG

View attachment _DSC0030 (Small).JPG

View attachment _DSC0037 (Small).JPG

View attachment _DSC0038 (Small).JPG

Nice plants Hippie, I like all the colors on your balcony too. I am in Manitoba , no way I can bring my plants in.

The blackberry is almost ready to harvest. I moved the 1000 watt hps out of the attic and moved it to the bathroom. Much better light penetration for the plants than the 2 400s.

The jock horror is now being scrogged alone under a 400 and the remaining plants will get the 1000 when not outside

woohoo! wild show glad to be watching

Latest posts

Back