the perfect meatball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
I have a ?????,,,,I'm making pasta with meatballs for dinner,,i already have the perfect mix for the meatballs ,,1lb chop meat 1/2 lb ground pork ,,bread crum,,1/2 a small onion ,,1 egg,,garlic powder,,and pepper my ??? is do you cook your meatballs in the sauce or do you brown them in a skillet then put them in the sauce ,,,me I like to cook them in the sauce ,,,my partner insist you brown them first then put them in the sauce ,,,what method do you prefer ,,,my son like's hot dogs in the sauce ,,,that ends today ,,,my mother would roll over in her grave if she knew I was cooking hotdogs with pasta(ill make him a hotdog just in case ,,,but there's no way I'm cooking it in the sauce

my wife's grandmother(off the boat italian) passed her recipe down to my wife. she uses about 4 lbs of ground beef(the higher fat kind), 6 eggs, a cup and a half of italian bread crumbs(i am sure her grandmother probably made the bread and then the crumbs herself) and about a cup of pecorino romano and parmesean cheese. she also sprinkles in a little oregano. she cooks them in a fry pan(brown on at least 4 sides, gives more flavor) and then into home made sauce (4 big cans of crushed tomatoes, 2 large cans of stewed, one large can of tomato paste, aquarter cup of olive oil and then seasoning). simmer for 4-6 hours. if i make them using her recipe, i will deglaze the pan to get all the goodness out of the pan after removing the fat. never had homemade sauce and meatballs before i met her and now i can never enjoy anyone elses. she even made me home made pasta once. too much work for her to do it again...

I'm not a violent women but gee's stiggy ,,,,,I could only take 40 sec of that video

I went with umbra's method ,,,as it had both methods browning and cooking them in the sauce ,,,the meal was great ,,,my boy eat one meatball (only because the only way he was getting a hotdog was to eat a meatball) he did like the garlic bread ,,, I need to start cooking meals at home ,,we eat takeout way to much,,, I love to cook ,,I just never have the time ,,thanks for your help

I'm not a violent women but gee's stiggy ,,,,,I could only take 40 sec of that video
Yes it was that bad LOL
That was the worst on top of ole meatball song I ever heard
Just wanted you to get a laugh I will delete it
It was that bad

On a side note
I beat you hold your own in a tuffle

morning stiggy ,,,no man leave it there ,,,I remember the song from when I was kid ,,,I thought it was called on top of spaghetti ,,,

I have a ?????,,,,I'm making pasta with meatballs for dinner,,i already have the perfect mix for the meatballs ,,1lb chop meat 1/2 lb ground pork ,,bread crum,,1/2 a small onion ,,1 egg,,garlic powder,,and pepper my ??? is do you cook your meatballs in the sauce or do you brown them in a skillet then put them in the sauce ,,,me I like to cook them in the sauce ,,,my partner insist you brown them first then put them in the sauce ,,,what method do you prefer ,,,my son like's hot dogs in the sauce ,,,that ends today ,,,my mother would roll over in her grave if she knew I was cooking hotdogs with pasta(ill make him a hotdog just in case ,,,but there's no way I'm cooking it in the sauce
zigggy, if i may, you may want to consider using sausage in your meatballs instead of simply ground pork. brown them first in your frying pan then cook (all day) with your sauce. the sausage will change the taste of your meatballs dramatically. i think you may like them.

zigggy, if i may, you may want to consider using sausage in your meatballs instead of simply ground pork. brown them first in your frying pan then cook (all day) with your sauce. the sausage will change the taste of your meatballs dramatically. i think you may like them.
Sounds Yummy
need to do that now

But now that I think about it'
We use to make Sausages as a kid and all it was was seasoned ground pork meat pushed into casings
So maybe just season the ground pork?

i sometimes throw some italian sausages (after browned) into the sauce as well. they do contribute a nice flavor as drcree said. i have also been known to sneak in some beef ribs and/or pork chops in the sauce. the rib meat will flake off after a few hours of simmering and make the sauce really meaty. the pork cops will come out very tender and taste really good with the sauce flavoring. i am salivating as i type...

i sometimes throw some italian sausages (after browned) into the sauce as well. they do contribute a nice flavor as drcree said. i have also been known to sneak in some beef ribs and/or pork chops in the sauce. the rib meat will flake off after a few hours of simmering and make the sauce really meaty. the pork cops will come out very tender and taste really good with the sauce flavoring. i am salivating as i type...
Winner right here
Now Im hungry, and Lunch is 4 hrs away

Latest posts

Back