the plants doing that "slow motion" thing again..is it gonna die?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chong420

Reaction score
does the plant sometimes produce a liquid that appears in the center of the plant? mine did, well two of 'em did..it looks and smells like the second one that died on me..kinda freakin' out a bit..yeah i remember the liquid looked like water but wasn't cuz when i tried to rub it off, it smeared on the leaves and made it look oily..weird..they're smellin' too, kinda like superthrive..is this possible that i used too much even though i've been diluting it? well i'm give 'em a quick flush, maybe that'll help 'em out..but what's the deal with that liquid? is that the plants way of "rejecting" additives?

you gotta be CAREFUL with superthrive dude. that stuff is potent. if small in veg. only a couple of drops per gallon. at week 4 and 5 only 1/4 tsp. per gallon. gotta follow those directions. I used sparingly. with great results. but if your smelling it when its diluted your puttin it on way to heavy.
just a comment: don't that stuff reak BAD dude. bout makes my stomach turn when I open the bottle. lol

yeah it does mutt..that stuff IS potent..should of learned from my second plant..the closet is wreaking of it..wasn't earlier though..jus checked on 'em before i went to bed and WHAM as soo as i opened the door, i was like ***?? is that pot i smell? noo, it was superthrive..i flushed 'em twice now..only two of the four seemed like they were smellin'..was kinda wierd..like the plants were puking the stuff up or something..cuz that smell was heavy..you think they'll be alright? i got 'em in the sink now draining..kinda freakin' out a bit (can't go through another death)..

also, when i flushed (they're in 16 oz. cups) i just poured water in 'em til i saw it run out the bottom..is that right? that won't kill 'em will it? like over saturate 'em? i hope not, cuz one of 'em is turning out to be a beast!!..thanks for your help..

off subject..have you tried using grow bags instead of containers? those damn 3 gallon containers are no where to be found..and i don't want to use 5 gallon buckets due to the size of the closet as well as i don't think i could handle a 5 to 6 ft. plant..theres a place where i live that has those grow bags and i looked 'em up on the 'net..they look like they should work..i dunno..just seems like i should put 'em in containers (maybe that's the 'ol skool in me..y'know plants in pots..not bags..)..but maybe it's just me..

I don't know about the grow bags. me I like a sturdy pot. anything that may move the roots in soil is bad news. (just had problems with over dry dirt caused root damage:( )

Go to wal-mart dude. find a pot that will work for ya. they got em all sizes in the garden center. Lowes and Home Depot. Nurseries. just find one that suits ya. IMHO.
My old lady is always plantin stuff. I end up with tons of pots. I just wash em out real good. and use em up. my plants can live in the ghetto. To be honest those that come with a plant have great drainage. Like the ones a rose bush comes in. I find those are better than the store bought ones. lol

Flushing. it will suffer from some over-watering. but as long as it drains out real well and doesn't sit in that water long you'll be fine. better than lettin em die in over superthrived dirt. IMO.

awesome..thanks for the advice Mutt..you always come through..yeah the second one did the same thing (i'm learning from experience..put that in the books!!)..the little leaves from the third node were like "stuck" vertical..like the slow motion thing happening..too wierd..and i watered 'em yesterday..saw them this afternoon and the tops of the soil were looking like it was drying..then i checked on 'em before i go to bed and they look like they just got watered??! ***?!..well not completely, but the soil looked moist..not like this afternoon..too wierd..and the second one i just let it do it's thing and it eventually keeled over..don't wanna let that happen again..seems like i come soo far..but accomplish so very little..DAMN YOU SUPERTHRIVE!!

(note to self..) chill out on the superthrive..lol..

i hope they make it..guess we'll see..

ok here they are today..you think they're gonna make it? the little one, i don't think so..the other..maybe..i flushed 'em last nite..sooo....

a.jpg

b.jpg

here's what i did..
i flushed 'em again, cuz i can smell superthrive in the cups..but man, they look like they weren't gonna make it..sooo, i stuck the bigger one in the "too hot" grow cabinet (i took the splitter out, so it just has one bulb in it..) and placed it underneath it..messed around for a bit..came back to check on it and whammo! it looks like it's starting to perk up a bit!! my friend said that it may be due to the fact that they weren't getting enough light with that 4' shop light..and with the wally world set up that Bro. Grunt suggested (the one i'm using to try and recover the plants), the reflector concentrates the light more as opposed to the long shop light which just illuminates..i really need to get an HPS and stop messing around..hopefully this will revive 'em..in fact i took the shop light out of the closet and now have all the plants under a 26 watt cfl..the two in the closet have desk lamps hovering over 'em..i'll let you guys know what the outcome is..i'm guessin' they'll do a whole lot better with concentrated light now..

a.jpg

b.jpg

Latest posts

Back