"The Runt"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keep the advice coming guys i really appriciate the help!

all constructive critisisms welcomed. :)

ok got back from lowes, we got the $12 bathroom exhaust fan, its only 50cfm of air, the 70cfm one was $27, since i already ordered a 80cfm air duct fan from ebay this will do fine for this closet till that one gets here. this one might end up in the veg room but with the cfls temps are about 72 degrees with no air movement, so that room is really fine.

we measured our cubic feet and we are only at 49cf, and we installed a 50cfm fan in the room. so in thought, that fan will replentish the entire air supply to the room in one minute. for air intake as of now we just drilled two 2 1/2 inch holes at the bottom of the door, they have two PVC drain pipe covers on them and look pretty discrete in the bottom of the door, since we built the shelf in there it blocks most of the light to the bottom of the closet.

these are designed to be installed in the ceiling and have just a square part with vents (not pictured) but it requires you to cut a 1 foot hole in the ceiling. instead we just mounted it to the wall, then used ( dont laugh ) intake tube from a car and ran it thru the ceiling, this way we only had to drill a three inch circle thru the ceiling, since we rent and all. now minus me hitting a ceiling brace on the first shot, and having to drill a second hole all went very easy on install. now on the top of the closet on the craw space the tube is attached to a longer dryer vent style hose that runs it straight OUTSIDE the house thru a 3 inch vent pipe in the roof that was discovered when crawling up there. :D

the fan has a regular plug on it so i just plugged and extension cord into it and hooked it to the power strip thats hook in with the lights and timer. couldnt be easier.

check out the readings on the temp and humidity meter now, top temp 78% thats above the shelf where the plants are, 69% is below the shelf where we store the water (its placed up top to warm before a water) and a nice 52% now showing for humidity. these are much nicer numbers for my babied then the blistering 100 degrees they woke up to this morning.

000_0143.jpg

newtemp.jpg

seedlings are doing great! and getting big fast in the state of the art CFL tupperware grow room:D

runt is doing good, still a little droopy, i think some of it was related to her rootbound pot she was in:( but shes perks up during the day some, this was taken about 10 minutes before lights off, she was ready for some rest after her day in the sun.

seed.jpg

runt.jpg

maby its just me but she is looking a little droopy did you just water her?

she was just transplanted day before yesterday, she was rootbound and overwatered a little, i see her making a full recovery with no problems though.

yeah, if they are rootbound, sometimes it takes a lil while for them to shift into gear again.

the pot she was in the roots were down to the bottom and started growing back up almost to the top of the soil again....lol.

QUESTION: should i wrap something around the new pot since its transparent, i got the pot because i liked that i could see the bottom of the soil to see if it was dry. but also remembered that roots dont like light.

Hey dude, whassup! Nice beginning setup. I would def chime in with TBG... 91 you can maybe get away with in flowering if you add Co2. Not for these babies.

You are on track with the inline fan idea. Don't go squirrel cage. Spend a little more money and you will receive benefits with a very efficient and quiet fan. I like Elicent. You should have the smallest for your closet. I don't know the stats but they are about 200 cfm. Don't go smaller or your cooling will not be efficient. These plug right in too, either directly to the wall or into a control unit (preferred, see below).

A temp control will run you about 80 bucks. You want the fan to cool the room efficiently but you don't want her running all the time. Humidity will be an issue once you get sufficient plant mass so you may need either (a) a dehumidifier or (b) get the temp/humidity control from the jump as a single unit and use it with your inline. I've use both (some function as backups now). A stable enviro is key bro.

first off thank you again guys for your useful info, and thanks for good comments on my new grow room. we started with the idea that it needs to be small to hide from leo, we figure NOW if leo is coming hes gonna find it no matter if its big or small, so might as well get what we can while we can.:D

yeah the bathroom squirrel cage is temporary, and NO its no silent fan that for sure. i can hear it in the hall way running:)
but since its been added the temps are great, stays between 78-80 degrees with 35-40% humidity. so i think any more cfm's on the ehaust fan and it might get too cool in there. but i am more concerned about smell when flower time comes so the more air it takes out the better.

i ordered and PAID for a ebay fan, didnt pay any attention to the sellers feedback and i guess hes got a bad rep for super slow shipping:rolleyes: so the bath fan was installed until it arrives, whenever that may be.

here are some pics of it.

1231562.jpg

1231563.jpg

the clf room is getting crowded, the little plant(well big one in this room) was moved out of the HPS closet cause i am going to flower runt cause i cant stand it anymore :)
we have many others going and had to move some things around, next spurt of money and this room is getting a makeover to get the clf's to not be so all over the place, but a more uniformed setup.
seedlings in the tupperware container have been moved to the top, i am just using the ceiling light that was already in there and put a cfl and a dome around it to put all the light down on the box. keeps it nice and warm and gives nice constant light, you can see we have as much of the top section blocked off cause it will stay on 24/0, but the ones below it are on 18/6 but i think i might give them a couple more hours of light since its a little shy on lumens in their still.

000_0171.jpg

000_0172.jpg

000_0173.jpg

and here is runt, this is soon as the lights kicked on, she got a 10 hour nap last night and tonight she will get her first 12 hours. going to flower her cause it looks like shes doing good from the transplant and starting to bring her leaves back up.

she is about 12 inches tall now and when her leaves come up she would be a good 12 inches across too. her stalk is looking good and healthy, about the size of a regular style bic pen.

i think we might have a good sized plant on our hands here, she got a good 6 1/2 feet to grow so we will see what happens, wish her luck on her journey to the dark side:fly:

01-04-07

r.jpg

r2.jpg

stalk.jpg

000_0174.jpg

wow that plant looks like it has the same basic structure as mine.... everyone elses looks more spread out

when i transplanted her some leaves turned yellow so i trimmed them, maybe 8 leaves in total.
this is a bag seed plant so i have no idea what strain it is. runt had a horrible first couple months of life so shes just now packing on some growth. she was at least two months old before being intorduced to indoor grow lights, she sat starving for light in my bedroom window.

she stopped growing so i transplanted her to the larger pot, shes now standing back up from that and we just switched to a 12/12 light schedule so we will see if she can really pack on some mass during flower.

maybe ours are about the same cause we are in the same area.....hmmm.

maybe its cause they are both a couple of goverment funded plants....:)

i wish my fan would get here cause that bath fan is loud, thats how i know everything turns on i can here the fan from the living room.

She's gorgeous dude and I'm totally jealous. Keep up the good work and she'll be feeding you some frosty treats in no time :ccc:

thanks snachez, i hope that you have luck finding you some good lighting for your ladies.

Good luck on flowering my friend. Hope you get yourself a nice female lady friend. ;)

thanks TBG, i think the hardest part is gonna be not being able to peek at her for 12 hours a day, i get pretty bored....:) and ive seen so many of your awsome buds you guys pump out so its true inspiration to keep trying and not give up on it.

i think a couple of good old fashion trial and errors and i should be able to do alright and keeping enough for us around to have some nice personal smoke.

i am pretty sure shes gonna be female, shes had a rough life so only time will tell. this willl only be day one of full 12 on 12 off so in a few days we should know for sure.

well the lights just kicked on so went in to take a peek at her, i think her water logged leaves are looking MUCH better, shes got her leaves up now catch those rays of light:cool:

come on be a girl, be a girl, be a girl.....pleeeeease, you are looking so tasty, and smell soooo good.

01-05-07

000_0187.jpg

000_0188.jpg

Latest posts

Back