"The Runt"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alrigh now this is what i am talking about, when i open the door this morning when the lights kicked on i was like:eek: we are seeing growth again in here since the transplant, we got a good two inches in the past two days and she looks much bushier.

also chack out the growth on the little plant i saved from my sisters, she has grown a ton. for 12 hours she sits with "runt" in the 400w hps room, then right before lights out she goes back up to the CFL room for 8 more hours of lights under CFL, so she gets good doses of both cfl light, and hps light.

also been giving them water with the fish ferts and seems to be doing good.
GROW BABY GROW!

01-07-07

000_0190.jpg

000_0191.jpg

000_0192.jpg

its very interesting too in the growth difference between the two plants, the little one got introduced to good lighting much earlier in its life. it has much more growth on the bottom part of the plant and i look for it to be larger then the big one before too long cause she is only a few inched behind right now, they are about 4 weeks difference in age. she will for sure be more bushy.:D man i cant wait!

now this is what i am talking about, much more light reflecting to the bottom of the plant now;)
this stuff rocks, cant wait to do the veg room:D

and my how they grow during flower stage, she has gained three inches in two days, GO RUNT!!!!

and i am pretty sure we have signs of some female preflowers, but since i dont have a magnifer i cant tell just yet, but they sure look like hairs to me, couple more days and i will get some close ups of her!

i also took a small peice of mylar and placed it around the bottom of the plant to reflect light up into the lower branches.

000_0194.jpg

000_0195.jpg

000_0196.jpg

couple of shots from the bottom of the plant, that mylar on the bottom sure puts more light under the leaves.

000_0197.jpg

000_0198.jpg

hey cyber i was just wondering where u picked up such nice HPS light .. i need ones that plugs into the socket like that .. and how much was it ??? nice plants by the way .

well it appears that runt is gonna be DUDE! stupid plant.

oh well the seedling are doing pretty good. i been taking them out of the CFL room and down to the HPS room during the day to get some good rays.

its interesting to see the growth difference between the two rooms, you can actually see the difference in the leaves growth.

000_0228.jpg

000_0229.jpg

000_0230.jpg

i can try to get some close ups of the leaves if you guys want to see the growth difference on them . :)
its kinda neat.

i will get some pics of runt when the lights kick back on, i finally got some batteries for the camera.

ok here ae some pics after the lights came on.

and just an update, the larger plant is a MALE :(

the other one is the small one i saved from my sisters house, it got left in the flower room by accident the other night, i bring it down and let it sit in there for the 12 on cycle. but since runt turned male i said screw it and have been letting it flower too, might have been a tad early for it but i wanna see a female darn it. the seedlings are doing good so we will look for more yeild out of those, this one we just wanna see a female.

r1.jpg

s1.jpg

a1.jpg

b1.jpg

Everything is looking great Cyberquest. I see you also like taking pics. Once again mang everything is looking great keep it up. ;)

yeah TBG i am big on pic taken, it stems from my car site i am a member of. we do repair manuals with step by step pictures of everything we do so on average i post any where from 100-300 pics a week :D
so look foward to being here every step of the way on my grows.

and thanks for the encouragement man, now can you wave you magic wand and turn that male into a female for me :D

i hear ya on the pics. i find it easier to examine my plant from pics. everything is so much bigger.
then i figure "hell instead of just formating the disk why not just post the best ones for all of my friends at MP to see."

here is a shot of the roots on runt, i got the see-thru bucket to help me with my overwaterin problem, i keep a towel wrapped around it so light doesnt get to them. and its kind of neat to watch the roots grow too, now i can see not only whats above ground but underground too. and it has helped me a lot in trying different technics of knowing when they need water.
i have been trying to do it by weight, and by sticking my finger in the soil, i still havent mastered either, but all i have to do is pull back the towel and i know for sure;)

roots.jpg

man these new seedlings are doing sooo good. nice tight nodes! looking at these and looking at the one in thats been growing in the HPS room sure are different, the one in the hps room the nodes are way far apart. i think it is some proof of the things i covered in my "cfl lighting 101" topic where i talk about HPS loosing it bang at any distance away from the plants. those cfl being able to be so close is keeping the Light Intensity good so there is NO stretching in them, well maybe just a hair when they first started, but since moved up to the light you can see how compact they are gonna be !

also i have them in clearish containers too, they are paint buckets ;) $1.35 a peice. this way at first sign of roots against the sides of the container i can get them transplanted into bigger pots;) and its about that time. now i just need to pull some money out of my butt to go buy them.

node1.jpg

seedlings.jpg

i think like $3 or so a peice. but remember i used the last of my soil, so i need more of that too, so its gonna be at least a $50 shop, i got money in the bank but you know the $$ situation around here.

yeah i know i think we might so that route this time, and send me PMS so you dont make my tread ten miles long.

Latest posts

Back