THe Shed PLZ help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makomike

Reaction score
Ok for about 6 months ive trying to perfect this i call it "The Shed" very original :D anyways im sure every goes to costco well they carry a shed similar to the one in the picture but its 8x8. im going to run a 6in Tubular system which consists of 10 tubes 8ft long, 5 on each side leaving me a little walkway in the middle of the shed. I have a 54 gal. rez but im probobly going to need to up to 100 or 120gal rez. The Rez will sit ouside the shed that way its not a pain to ass the neutrients (Full House and Garden Line) I was Thinking of 4 600 HPS but thats going to cost me way too much. Maybe someone can hook it up with a deal on some used ballasts:D. Any ways the manifold is adjusted a bit from the guide, Oh yea heres a link for a great book download on hydro its great i used it (http://www.esnips.com/web/makomikesBusinessFiles) Great book. Any i changed the manufold a bit to accomidate the walkway and the rez being outside. Im going to construct short stands that will hold up the tubes from 2x4. The total shed will house 70 plants. I'm still wondering where i could put it, cant put it at home. There will be a standalone A/c unit that will maintan the temp and i have 20lb CO2 tank just need the valve and timer (thinkin about an all in one deal like the green air deals) i wondering wheather to use a vent system with a carbon filter and/or deodorizers (ono gel and crystals). Anyways looking for a place to set up this op, if anyone has any ideas or comments or could help out plz leave a reply or hit me up ion the Aim thanks

shed.jpg

good way to get busted - i can name 30 reasons not to use a garden shed outdoor for indoor growing. the main two reasons are; its metal and a great chance that you will electrocute yerself and the second is heat - again its metal. go back to the think tank.

um well the shed isnt fully metal it has a metal inner wall, the shed is coated with plastic on both sides so the only way to get to the metal is to drill through the wall/roof. and i think if i get a good vent fan going and A/C it will cover it. right?:confused:

ok my friend, first you have to line the inside with a fire/electrical resistant material. then you should drop the floor at least 3' and fill with crushed rock for drainage. about 6.5" then place a 2" x 6" grid in and cover with slats - 1" is fine. this will give you at least 8' in height. make sure you have no bare wire anywhere - cover with black electrical tape. place yer ballasts outside the shed protected from the rain and elements. and snoopy people. place them and yer rez in a lean-to next to yer shed - 54 gal. should be more then enough.

astra007 said:
good way to get busted - i can name 30 reasons not to use a garden shed outdoor for indoor growing. the main two reasons are; its metal and a great chance that you will electrocute yerself and the second is heat - again its metal. go back to the think tank.

I know another old tread....Ive only seen one metal shed go through a grow...but delt with a lot of moister from condensation and Moulded out..

I still grow in a Shed:D

:bong:

I grow in metal Seabox's....just take the usual precautions electrically. Use metal jacketed wire, with a double earth ground.

dscn1071i.jpg

The stealth version finished :hubba:

dscn1455m.jpg

bwanabud said:
I grow in metal Seabox's....just take the usual precautions electrically. Use metal jacketed wire, with a double earth ground.

dscn1071i.jpg

The stealth version finished :hubba:

dscn1455m.jpg

I really like those, especially the second one, though it should be camouflage.

cubby said:
I really like those, especially the second one, though it should be camouflage.

It's the same unit, after my "camoflage"....there is no garage door opening :D It's designed to look like a workshop...I live in the middle of the woods :icon_smile:

That is awesome bwan.
I looked into getting some containers to make a storage shed out of. Place to keep the lawn mower, jet skis and such. Talk about high grade. Them things will last 1000 years.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
That is awesome bwan.
I looked into getting some containers to make a storage shed out of. Place to keep the lawn mower, jet skis and such. Talk about high grade. Them things will last 1000 years.

They are nice solid, secure containers. Weigh about 4500 lbs. each, empty.

You have "SHED" alotta light on this subject.:D

hows the heat in the summer? i had one for storage for a while and it was an inferno in there, i dont think i could ever keep the temps down in there if i had one

Sheds be great fur growin specialy when ya gets them dialed in right. Matter fact pilgrem dont let folks get yual discuraged yual can grow in just bout anythin ya set mind to as long as ya do what needed to combat troubles ya might face. Good luck yur shed grow pilgrem I have always grown in sheds and once ya figure out what need fixin to make it work it works! Fur me anyways;)

BWD

DarkHorse007 said:
hows the heat in the summer? i had one for storage for a while and it was an inferno in there, i dont think i could ever keep the temps down in there if i had one

Really? I thought they had like an aluminum inside shell to the steel that helped keep temps steady inside.

Damn. Just rethinking about getting one too. But no way I could fight South Carolina heat and humidity if thats the case.

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Sheds be great fur growin specialy when ya gets them dialed in right. Matter fact pilgrem dont let folks get yual discuraged yual can grow in just bout anythin ya set mind to as long as ya do what needed to combat troubles ya might face. Good luck yur shed grow pilgrem I have always grown in sheds and once ya figure out what need fixin to make it work it works! Fur me anyways;)

BWD

Friend had one built into the earth growing up. The coldest it would get inside was like 65. The hottest it would get was 80.

Always wanted one like it. But always lacked a proper hillside for that to happen. lol

bwanabud said:
I'll post some pics of the inside setup, when I get a chance :hubba:

cant wait too see...They sell all fabed out containers here..But Dam Are they Pricey...But comes complete...plug and play:D

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Friend had one built into the earth growing up. The coldest it would get inside was like 65. The hottest it would get was 80.

Always wanted one like it. But always lacked a proper hillside for that to happen. lol

i have heard of many of those containers and actual box cars :confused2: (fact or fiction?) from trains are buried in the ground in for great control of temps and maintain stealth

orangesunshine said:
i have heard of many of those containers and actual box cars :confused2: (fact or fiction?) from trains are buried in the ground in for great control of temps and maintain stealth

I don't know about train cars, but there are a few people around here who have Sea/Land containers (like those pictured) buried under ground. Burying them takes advantage of the geothermal properties and maintain a constant temp (I believe it's around 50*). The people I know who have them use them as root/wine cellars. Pretty cool actually.

Latest posts

Back