The Shire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yeahthat: done and done! (with a drain pan in the bottom of course) ;)

wow...thanks for the break my friend! shire is got me on the ropes so to speak. i'm going to put some time in on it this evening, but think that i have adequately killed every "test" plant I had in there. even the big freak!!

i'm checking in every other day, and it just doesn't seem to be enough. i'm not sure that i like my PH testing method either, which has been a dropper dye type test kit. just too vague for my liking, so i think i'll be looking into a hanna and some calibration solution...

i went from where i thought was a little high PH, and added a very small amount of PH down. after 48 hours the plant was fried, and ph was somewhere around 5!! i didn't think that the hydro was going to be such a balancing game? since i've invested soo much into this space being hydro (and for other practicallity reasons i cannot discuss) i need to stay hydro.

i'm getting my water in at high ph, and using general hydro to balance down. ppms coming in are around 400's, and i'm using a very light FF hydro to bring it into the low 600ppm range.

temps in the bucket are about 65. soo...

what do you all think? i'll try to post some pics later when i can be stelthy in my visit. saftey first right??

i think that calls for a "safety meeting"?! :48:

Stay safe and good luck, my friend...dialing it in can be frustrating! Glad I went soil lol Have a rip of this :bong2: and give it some more thought!!

soil is no problem these days. loving my global buckets in the locker. that's automatic 3 day work week on those things. piece o' nug er cake w/e...

pass that thing :bong2: daddy's going for a beer too!

Imagine if you used that money for a ph tester and instead bought organic ammendments? No more checking PH. Very simple, very lo cost, very effective.

ahhh so into the great debate we go.

what do you like?

:banana: loving BPM right now...Barbara Striesand....ooooooOOOOOooooOOOO

:ciao: ben..:48:

yeah the temps I think should be a bit higher ..not sure how much..but Im sure a Hydro pro will chime in...May I suggest a heater for the Water..fish tanks use diffrent size and read peeps use them...

safety meeting....No sticking fingers in Mogule:giggle:..and allways....take care and be safe..

Sounds like you're jumpin through all the right hoops. Exciting stuff, getting a new show set up. Green luck to you!

haha...thanks for you. i'm honestly at a loss for what the res temps are going to do once i fire up the 600. (and eventually the 1000 i was just "gifted") i know the hydro store guy keeps giving me the water cooler pre-sale. hoping my a/c unit is going to negate that purchase.

i'm just trying to figure out...well whatever it is i seem to be missing (which is more plants to test with!!) i'm really not excited to pop the $$ Tahoe seeds $$ and then feed them into an untested system. i DO have some humbolt Bagseeds from a SUPER dank elbow in maine 2 summers back, (split 15 of them that we could find) but i was hoping to save those as i think i'll get something atomic out of em still.

what do ya'll think? this shire is kinda supposed to be a run for the people by the people...of this forum...which is why i went through the whole process of having the forum select the strain that will ultimately dominate this space.

cause i llUUUVVV you folks!!

Well then...here's the report. I'm pretty sure I know what's going on :chuck:

It is probably advised to balance Ph AFTER (A-F-T-E-R) mixing nutes, not before? :doh:

RO water (too slow for what I'll be doing in the shire, but goes into the global buckets) = 232ppm @ 7ph

10micron/charcoal filter = 445ppm @ 8ph

Bucket = 614 ppm w/ nutes...now...wait for it.... 9ph :doh:

Room is 60min - 77deg max.

Vegging now on 6 40w 48" flouros, but soon putting in another "gifted" t5 setup.

So after these pictures, the camera died, but I hacked off all the dry crispyness, and there are actually hints that the fiesty thing still has some life. FFFRRREEEAAAKKKK!!!! Roots actually look much improved after a flush today with florokleen for 4 hours.

well then...do you all think i should drop some seeds, or go beg for a clone somewhere??

DSC07545.JPG

As long as your temp is dialed in as well as you say it is, I'd go for it. Pop them babies. :)

*edit* oops, wait a minute I just saw the 9ph thing. you probably want that resolved before you put anything alive in it.

yeah....:hitchair: where did ya read that ya PH befor nutes..:rofl: sorry my friend that one had me :giggle:...as for a clone versis a seed...clone we know is female..seed will take 6 weeks just to see if its female...Im with the other memmber and ...Drop those Tahoes man:lama:

:rofl: yes...i thought of ALMOST everything. hahahaha

so...off to the "safe deposit box" for the Tahoe's it is! i just dropped 5 coco pellets in some water, and have the seed heater mat plugged in. (say that 5 times fast)

:banana: we like to party...we, we, we like to party!

Party on Dude!!!!
:48:

:headbang2: :headbang: :headbang:

Seeds are floating as of this morning. I must admit im a little nervous.

Cold and snow again. Temps 62 in the room.

Ph back up to 7 already :confused: added some more down. Is this normal to have to ph every day or every other day?

I had that happen to me when i was dwc'ing. I called A.N. and they said it was caused by the plants feeding and was normal. I usually adjusted the ph every other day. I'm sure some one with a little more hydro experience will chime in though. Good luck. A.M.

Latest posts

Back