The Shire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeds all cracked in 24hrs, and one had a baby tail. All in peat plugs right now.

Ph low this morning after being balanced yesterday from the 7.

idk whats going on, but it's no fun...what am i missing? i'm about to bail on this hydro thing in leau of time...

??? :48:

hey ben i adjust my PH every day even if it's only from 5.6 to 5.8
are you letting the nute's batch settle for a couple days ? most nute's now have stablizers in them and need a couple day to steady out on there own before PH'ing
let's say i make the batch on monday i let it settle for 2 day's before PH'ing and when i do PH i only PH abit at a time, wait 8 hour's PH again till i get it right, i also read that you rez temp was low i think the sweet spot is 68 so your not that low i have done grow's in the low 60's and had no problem's my AK grow is 63 right now

Thanks fruity. Inwas hoping that this setup would allow me to visit every other day. I'm still reconsidering the hydro thing especially after hearing that.

Im probably still going to play around with it, but for now I'll probably just use the global bucket setup I've been using in my locker. Thanks again!

The show must go on!!

ben i can leave mine for 4 maybe 5 day's before it's to far out of the range if you plant's are getting the right amount of nute's the PH shouldnt change that much , from my past grow's i belive when the PH goes down the plant's are useing N, this is where i build the EC up with more N
when i set veg nute's up after the PH has settled the Ph is alway's high
and bloom nute's PH is allway's low once you find out what you plant's need it should all settle out learn that strain everything else is a walk in the park

No dumb questions. Check out the "global locker" thread I update once in a while or YouTube global buckets.

Simply stated it's like an earth box. Simpler...it's a passive hydro system that relies on capillary action. There are two buckets. Top has soil, bottom has water/Nutes. The top bucket has a hole in it and a perforated cup that soaks in the water. As the plant needs water the capillary action draws water from the res up into the soil. Or in my case the roots go wild and grow into the res.

My plants are super psyched. Just can't let the water level drop below the cup. I check em about every other day and water about every third with a gallon each at this point. It's so automatic and easy to water.

Hope that answered ok. Super early here. Waiting for my coffee to finish then out to plow. We got nailed yesterday. I say 16"+ but what do I know?!

Thanks fruity. I'm frustrated with it but won't give up. Just need to work on the "sure thing". I would be REALlY upset if I lost an awesome tahoe mother to inexperience. But if I can experiment with some clones it will be better.

Good luck plowing. Go make that money. The blizzard the midwest had back in feb. kept me plowing for 45 hours straight. I personally love plowing.

Thanks for the response as well. i'll go to youtube and check it out.

Resurrection!! This grow above never went down. A number of reasons why it failed. Started again in the fall. Changed the setup a bit, and I hate to disappoint, but at this time no plans to post pics of the new space. Lets just say it's "dialed". Everything short of CO2, which I'm not interested in spending the time on right now.

Lots of long stories about the seeds, clones startup etc. but for another time.

Been HHAAARRRDDD at work the past week. Harvested 2 monsters. Bout 11 gallons of water every 2 days for the entire space. 4 harvests "in flower". You do the math. Ph from the well water has spiked in the past week. Balanced in a resevoir, but still running Global Buckets and Earth Boxes. LLOOVVEE me that passive hydro and FF nutes.

Did a maintenance floramite spray today on the entire space. I have 3-4 more weeks before next chop, so IMO plenty of time to rinse with the superwellres water. (The RO version I drink is DANK. IJS)

Lots of strains in the pipe line, including the Cali Connection Tahoe OG kush that was voted on last March? IDK been a while since I've been here, finger hash in the bong...excuses excuses :stoned:

benamucc said:
PPM @ 450 right now, but I haven't tested my RO yet, and I'm not sure if the softener is good or bad for things? since FoxFarm needs 640-800 I added 3 gal worth of nute to a 5 gal bucket, and it's reading 575PPM and balanced down to 5.7pH.

the water softner is a great thing. i use the potassium chloride also and i notice a improvement in plant health with it.

Latest posts

Back