The Shire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benamucc

is NORML
Reaction score
Welcome to the shire! This is where most of my growing will be going on these days. Took a long time to build the space out.

It's about 5ft x 10ft x 6.5ft = 325 cuft wrapped in plastic, and then insulated on the outside. I'm going to paint the walls, and use plastic on the floor.

I've got one end wall set up with a bench for the veg area, and storage will be underneath. I'll use plastic, and velcro to "wall off" the veg area. I'll be using 6 x 48" floros until I can afford a T5 upgrade.

I'm running two Honey clones in a DWC bucket for giggles. I'm really not interested in the strain at all, but wanted to get some "seat time" in on hydro before the Tahoe OG run.

I have two clones of blueberry, and one of AK47 I took from the Global Locker. They're in coco and in 2" net cups until I see some roots, and then I'll be putting them into the Aero veg container. (I just LIKE the dome, and heated mat vs. straight into the aero. Debate it if you like, but this is MY HOUSE :) )

I'll be running short plants in the NFT system for flowering, and will have 3 rows of 4 ; 2" net cups per 396 GPH pump and 15gal reservoir. Each set of 12 plants will be under an air cooled XXL hood, and dimmable 600w ballast. I'll be running the FF 6 part, and using GH Ph +/-, and FLoraKleen clearing solution.

I had some water issues this morning, which turned into BIG issues, so we'll get back to that later, but I'm running well water to a big well water filter, then into a sand filter, then a smaller sediment filter, finally to this Hydro Logic sediment, and Carbon unit. Does about 60ppm when everything is working. (I lost my pressure tank, and someone bypassed the sand filter, so my storage tank is NASTY 560ppm. I'm going to have to drain it go inside, sanitize etc prolly 6hour job tomorrow? Ask me if I'm happy about that...I dare you...I'll pollinate your flower room !!!!)

Temps are about 63 right now, but that's after it being 82 two days ago. Have yet to get a proper exhaust fan, but should have one shortly. Not too worried about it yet. Passive fresh air intake for the time being, but eventually it will be a 6" intake with duct booster fan and 8-10" exhaust w/ carbon filter. Hold on to your haaaatttt!!!

PS Roots are from one of the Global Buckets in the locker.

More later...
DSC07530.JPG

DSC07529.JPG

DSC07527.JPG

DSC07528.JPG

DSC07524.JPG

sounds like a nice room. i bet you can't wait to see it full of buds

Hey ben, do you think the altitude has any effect on MJ growing?

According to Cervantes Bible it does, but I'm not sure. I don't have any experience growing anywhere else than "up high"!!

I like it! I've been working hard on making a small veg area in my garage where I grow all my veggies. I've just added a small room on the side of that box and am in the process of adding a shelf and lights. It'll be nice to have a separate place so I can keep the tent just for flower.

Grabing a seet in the corner..Mojo for the Grow buddy
:48:

Make sure you run that room and have it completely finished, all the toys, before you pop the Cali Connect beans. If your spending that much on genetics, which is good, you want to give them the best chance to live. Summer is coming, you need to price that in too. Dont skimp on enviroment. Pay for it in the end. GL

Hi benamucc, if you dont mind i would like a seat up front please? I just got a 10pack of the tahoe's last week and i'm germinating this weekend. I'm glad that someone else is growing these at the same time as me. The growroom looks good bud. I'm subscribing right now!

Looks like it is gonna be a BEAUT!!!.... I am in!!!!

nouvellechef said:
Make sure you run that room and have it completely finished, all the toys, before you pop the Cali Connect beans. If your spending that much on genetics, which is good, you want to give them the best chance to live. Summer is coming, you need to price that in too. Dont skimp on enviroment. Pay for it in the end. GL

Great advice NC!! I hope some of our less experienced growers on the forum take this wisdom. I wish someone had told me that before I blew through my first Nirvana order!! This is another reason I want to run a few plants through the system first. Figure I'll have plenty of time while vegging for a mommy.

I'm looking into cooling right now, but I'm good for a while. I'll be keeping the room as sealed as possible, and running light cooling in one wall and out another, with digital ballasts. I hope to keep the room nice and sealed, to eventually play with CO2 :hubba:

Might sling some paint tonight when the little lady goes to work. This grow is completely underground, and it takes alot longer to get stuff together when you're flying solo. Glad I have my good friends here to help me motivated and forward thinking!!

I've got a team lined up for the water tomorrow. Maybe I'll post some pics of the filter system and storage tank if I feel ambitious after frigging around with plumbing all day. grrr....

WOW...No pictures...but...I think I'm back up and running with the water.

I might have a break in my line, but I think I'll be ok until spring.

Well to 10micron to 5 micron to potassium softener to 2500 gal storage tank to 5micron to charcoal.

PPM @ 450 right now, but I haven't tested my RO yet, and I'm not sure if the softener is good or bad for things? since FoxFarm needs 640-800 I added 3 gal worth of nute to a 5 gal bucket, and it's reading 575PPM and balanced down to 5.7pH.

i'm beat...going to the couch see you all tomorrow !!!

ben, glad to hear ya got your water problem fixed, even if its temporary. keep us posted.

That's rough on the water, hope everything works itself out with out to much hassle. Looks like it will be a fun journal as well, I will pull a bucket if you don't mind. Happy growing and lot's of MOJO!!

Cali:fly:

Ben, hows the water situation? Have'nt heard from ya in a while and i thought i would stop in to see how you're doing. Hope all is well... A.M.

Thanks AlumM. Water is ok, but I have other problems. (Other than spending too much Money at the Winter Music Conference in Miami over the last weekend. PS that's my "doctor's note" if the boss asks ;)

Temps are warming up in the mountains, and I'm seeing 85-92 degrees day time temps in my attic type area. Going to need A/C no doubt about it. Killed two of the plants while I was away, but the "freak" of the group grew into the floro's. Freak!

So, I'm thinking window type unit, but wanted to hear everyone's thoughts, and experiences with individual A/C units. I don't want to run any coils outside, b/c that kinda ruins the stealth!

See you all around the playground!!

Do you need an ac unit or do you think just a nice ventilation system would work? Do your lights have enclosed or open reflectors?

Its still in the 30s outside of my house.

Light cooling draws thru the room (exterior to exterior) and the room is sealed with a 6"'intake and 8"'exhaust. I'm going to try to lower intake temps tomorrow. The fans are on a timer so the elec spike isn't as bad. I would like to add co2 eventually which will play into the timers also.

I still think I'll be running Ac. So that's why I'm wondering if anyone has used it?

Hey ben, i use a $99 a/c from walmart and it works great. It is a little pricey to run all summer, like $50-$80 a month extra, but when you have several thousand invested already thats really not that much. My grow should be done around mid-end june, so i'll set up my a/c for the warmer temps, after that i'll wait until temps drop below 50 degrees again. Also, if you're gunna connect ducting to the a/c unit, be sure its the insulated ducting, otherwise you'll get a lot of condensation build up and it tends to drip all over the place, and can cause mold growth. Good Luck, A.M.

thanks AM! I was looking into those type of models. the fujitsu types are like $4500!!! I can't quite pull that. Hoping there is a super quiet model out there!

Stay tuned....

:ciao: benn...i use a portable ac unit here come the end of my season..the Shed gets way to hot around june and needs help cooling....I have all my lights and heat/ac on temp controllers...you say you have yours on timmers??? what type?..just on for few off for few?....like my buddy novelchef said..enviorment is Key

here:48: take a break my friend

Latest posts

Back