The Skunk1 is growing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laylow6988

Friendly Neighborhood PMP
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Well, there is a growroom here. Nothing crazy at the moment but there will be more and more added. I started on the 10th of Jan. So babies are already growing. They have been stressed to the point that I can't believe they are alive. In the grows I have seen I love to see pics, so I am going to give you as much to look at as I can. Hope you all like it, and hope I can figure out how to give a good presentation on here. As you see in the pics below I started off in a garage closet. It is about 5 feet long and 2 1/2 wide by 5 1/2 feet tall. I used a bench that was already in place to keep my babies off the cold concrete floor. Mind you this is winter and temps hover around 10F here.

Ok, figuring out my pics are too big. Taking care of that now.

Growroom.jpg

Growroom (1).jpg

Growroom (2).jpg

Growroom (3).jpg

Growroom (4).jpg

Growroom (5).jpg

Hey, Good luck with your grow :) i would like to see how your skunk #1 turns out

Peace

Light: 400W MH
Soil: Miracle grow(the kind that feeds up to three months(like TBG uses)
No nutes for the moment
Started 3 Skunk #1's on the 10th of Jan
3 days 100% germ rate

Ok, so you see how I did an easy set-up. Just plywood, 2X4's and 1X4's to make a wall and door. And make a shelf for the ballast.:headbang2: :headbang2:

Growroom (6).jpg

Growroom (7).jpg

Growroom (8).jpg

Growroom (9).jpg

Growroom (10).jpg

Growroom (11).jpg

Ok, so here is what it looked like after my babies were in the dirt. Of course the pics get screwed from the MH. I put the light very close the the plants, 8 inches from the top of the pots. It was very cold so I did what I could to make it warm. But the temps were only around 70 at plant level.

Growroom (12).jpg

Growroom (13).jpg

Growroom (14).jpg

Growroom (15).jpg

Growroom (16).jpg

Growroom (17).jpg

DrGreenThumb said:
Hey, Good luck with your grow :) i would like to see how your skunk #1 turns out

Peace

Thanks man. I hope things go right for me. I forgot to mention that the pot are in the pots and the other containers are water bottle bottoms for other flowers I am growing.

Hey Laylow...I'll be following along. I germed mine 10 days ago, so I'll be looking in and learning from you my friend!

theyorker said:
Hey Laylow...I'll be following along. I germed mine 10 days ago, so I'll be looking in and learning from you my friend!

Cool, well mine might be a bit older but you have a better chance of getting ahead. This is the part of my grow that hits the heart... yup I had to hurry and pull up all three. Of course while doing it I took into consiteration I may try to bring them back to life. So I took a screwdriver and went around the pot to pull up some roots and dirt with it. They were left in a garage for 3 days in a tubaware container where it was freezing. I had to move in a hurry to make sure they were not to be found. So I started my next grow room. But they did make it.
First pic is the plastic I used to hold in the heat for my old room.
You see my three babies after being planted for a few days. They are doing good... except the one I call Zombie. Zombie has always been sick since birth but did not want to throw'em away. I clipped off his first set of leaves due to the fact they were about half way rotted. And it's been smaller than the other two since being born. :confused:

Growroom (36).jpg

Growroom (37).jpg

Growroom (38).jpg

Growroom (39).jpg

Growroom (40).jpg

Growroom (41).jpg

You know, I have been looking for a damn fan everywhere. They don't sell them in winter time, aint that a B? Ok, so I needed a fan. Well, I had a battery powered one in Afghanistan that I brought back with me. And also I am a pack rat so I have chargers that don't even go to stuff anymore so I got one of those out. I opened up the fan and clipped and wired the charger to it. And god said let there be wind. It's not much but enough to shake the plants around a bit. And no need to worry about batteries.

Growroom (42).jpg

laylow6988 said:
Thanks man. I hope things go right for me. I forgot to mention that the pot are in the pots and the other containers are water bottle bottoms for other flowers I am growing.

Hey laylow, we will be watching this one right through. Just curious what are the other flowers your growing? Good luck and keep posted.

frankpeterson said:
Hey laylow, we will be watching this one right through. Just curious what are the other flowers your growing? Good luck and keep posted.

Those are some Dahlias I had. Just using the light to get them started.

Dahlias.JPG

Ok, so now I am going to blast to now and show what my prize skunk looks like. This is Fear and the pic was taken on the 30th. Now the 4th set of leaves I just clipped today. Want to see her split. She is under 3 inches and bushing out real nice. I am getting some growth between the stem and the base of the leaf stem. That 400W MH really keeps these guys short. My last ones I just replanted deeper and deeper. But I never did use a good light before. Big difference.

Growroom (64).JPG

In the process of moving to a new location I ended up taking everything that was bad in small tubaware container. Seeds, plants... anything that could cause cuffs to be pulled out. So without knowing it when I replanted my babies I was planting a few from bagseed from some really good stuff. They took no time to germ. I got two healthy ones from that.

0201071101.jpg

0201071102.jpg

Well, here are some more pics. My bagseed baby "Cristol" is showing signs of discomfort. Even though I gave no nutes I decided to give her a flush to see if I can get some improvment. All I can do is wait. Growth is not stunted, just that two leaves are curling under a bit. See how she acts in the next few days.
0203071849a.jpg

0203071725.jpg

0203071900.jpg

0203071723a.jpg

Today's pics right off the press. All 5 plants 2 pics each.
Fear
"X"
Zombie
Jose
Cristol

0204071453.jpg

0204071453a.jpg

0204071510.jpg

0204071510a.jpg

0204071511.jpg

0204071512.jpg

0204071513.jpg

0204071513a.jpg

0204071514.jpg

0204071514a.jpg

Your babies are coming right along and looking great. By the looks of them you have a few that are Sativa dominant. ;) Here is some GREEN MOJO for the babies.

GreenMojo.JPG

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Your babies are coming right along and looking great. By the looks of them you have a few that are Sativa dominant. ;) Here is some GREEN MOJO for the babies.

Thanks TBG and Night501. Yeah, those two Sativa/Afghanica looking things were from bagseed. It was some really great pot, just a lil over dried so I am going to see how it smokes when it's grown right.

Wow Laylow...your plants look great. Mine are only 2 weeks old, but look like crap compared to yours. You must be doin something right!!!

theirs something about MH for vedge not just right spectrum. Damn they look good. Do you plan on flowering with the same light?

laylow6988 said:
Those are some Dahlias I had. Just using the light to get them started.

Never heard of a Dhalia before. What kind of givings does it produce?

Latest posts

Back