The stench of success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sombro

Time Waster
Reaction score
Ok neurosis is taking over.

I've 8 superskunk plants in the garden, 2 weeks into flower more or less.As yet there is hardly any smell. This is lucky because the house next door which has been empty all year now has people in it. I'm pretty sure they'll be leaving next week which is good because they have a 17yo son who I'm sure will be able to identify the smell in an instant.

The weather here, although hot is pretty blustery meaning that the smell could be carried everywhere. I've left it too late to plant anything stinky near the ladies.

So my questions to anyone who's grown any type of skunk outdoors are..

How stinky is it going to get? and
Is there anything I can do to mask it?

I bought the seeds when I was an utter noob (instead of just a noob) and asked the genius in the grow shop for a low odour strain and this is what he gave me!!! They all smell bad he said. Not as bad as his advice.

I do have one advantage, at the moment the garden smells like cider as the apples that have dropped from the tree start to rot, I'm thinking of spreading them all around the border of the garden.

Any help greatly appreciated.

peace

nobody grown any skunk or skunk cross outdoors???

Dont worry about it! I have two plants about 3 months old, and I can only get a good smell if I actually stick my nose into the plant. I have never grown skunk, but the great thing about outdoor growing is the smell will just get blown away and mingle with other scents. Smell has never been a problem for outdoor growing for me! Good luck

I wouldnt worry too much either. Theres a jail gaurd living nextdoor, My girlz realy only smell after a rain or in thick morning dew, other than that you need to be right in the crop to smell them. They smell like a skunk sprayed them about a week or so ago, the smell is so light.

I'd do the apple thing and monitor the smell. I've had a skunk strain before I had to chop early in flower..didn't have a carbon scrubber at the time and damn near stunk me outa the house. but have had other skunk strains barely smell. All depends. but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I'd be puttin those apples around to help just in case. Keep em distant as not to get into bug problems with the plants. Or possible PH imbalance in the dirt by the roots.

thanks for the replies

i'm guessing that it's two weeks or so til harvest and the smell still isn't that strong, as ptbo says you have to be right in amongst them to smell it.

full steam ahead.

Latest posts

Back