the transfer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURKEYNECK

Old School
Reaction score
okay..Im about to bring my crop inside...however..Im ganna turn the lights on at night so I will be switching their whole cycle backwards..

the question is..do I give them 24 hours of darkness or 24 hours of light..:confused: Thanks in advance. _Turkey

If you leave the light on or off for 24 hrs. you'll be right back where you started.
If you switch in the daytime, leave the lights on until you want them to go off. If you switch at night, leave the lights off until you want them to go on.
But DON'T interrpt the dark cycle.

However, if the plants are still in veg, it prob. won't make any difference.

Yeah man, I would start them at the same light on time they were outside and then adjust it by one hour each day starting the light an hour later and off and hour later until you have them at the night schedule you want. This will be absolutly no problem to the plant.

yeah or you could probably give it an hour or two every day more of darkness rather than light because you don't want to interrupt the dark cycle because you might get a hermie

Ive had to change light cycles a few times over the years for various reasons and Ive found that just leaving them in darkness until you are ready to turn your lights on is fine.im only talking an extra 12 hours to change the flowering cycle from day to running it through the night.i would not bother trying to ease them into it-an extra hour a day or whatever,ive found best results come from keeping it simple.
as for getting a Hermie from changing the light cycle,ive never had it happen,pot is a pretty hardie plant and can cop a few changes in there routine and still be fine.

Latest posts

Back