The truth on LEDs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Don StoneyBud was who was starting the double decker grow and for some reason he is no longer around. And damn it I miss the old fart.

ozzydiodude,

Thanks

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO STONEY BUD OR WHERE HE CAN BE REACHED? If you don't want to post the info, please PM it to me.

I miss him too. I hope he is alright and just had issues with the forum rather than having had a tragedy or something like that.

Great smoking.

papabeach1 said:
hey bic ligther....you remind me of my brother..he showed me eveything in detals.. he got high output leds..at good prices.. he made some to run with lithum battery.. it works nicely.. best thing about it..leo can't use FLIR system to detect high watt lights...he was telling me he only just want to grow clones and that is his main focus.. maybe we can get one thread cracking up to start teach people how to build a nice fancy led grow lights hmm?

Another myth about LED's ...that they help with FLIR! FLIR cameras CAN"T see through ****. They pick up heat being vented out of your house. Since it takes as many watts of LED's as HPS to produce the same bud, the LED's are going to produce approx. the same heat to vent.

blancolighter said:
Thanks guys, I just thought there should be a factual thread about LEDs goin. Anyone should be able to post LED info here, but all I ask is for people to back up what they post with solid info and/or reasoning so others can understand the thought behind whats happening and hopefully this will prevent flaming from going down. (thanks for addressing that already Hick)

I'll continue to post LED info I learn through my growing and any research I do, but others should definately post. Shoot, I already missed a huge point that papabeach brought up:

leo can't use FLIR system to detect LED lights. This could be huge for you if you livein a heavily LEO patrolled area, or are just a little too paranoid to be comfortable. (for those of you who don't know, FLIR makes infared and thermal imaging systems for law enforcement)
Wrong blanco...they will detect them if the camera is in the room just like all the other pictures and scenes on TV since the lights do creat heat...the problem is the cameras have a hard time seeing through fog (just check out any FLIR manuf. claims) and won't even see through glass or anything. Your problem is venting heat...your solution is to spread it around if your creating that much.

Lemmongrass said:
hey i just ran across this randomly: hxxp://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/341654-flowering-ufo-5wks.html

not trashin his work, but for 5wk flowering that sucks. baby veg dun look bad tho.

Man if you guys are happy with that I can show you some fluro grow that would put those buds to shame...looks like I need more posts...LOL

ledtester said:
Man if you guys are happy with that I can show you some fluro grow that would put those buds to shame...looks like I need more posts...LOL

Desnt sound like he's happy.

Latest posts

Back