the use of de ( diatomaceous earth)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrobud

bhc# vhc# 5150
Reaction score
hi friends, what are some of the different ways you guys use de(diatomacous earth). how much per 5 gallon pot, mix it in or water it in? do you use it as a preventive thing.
i picked some up today and read here that a lot of people use it , i just want to make sure i get it right. i know it will solve my bug problem(thrips, fungus nats):watchplant:

I do a top dressing with it. Have not had 1 bug of critter in more than 5 years.

I mix it one cup per gallon of soil, and also use it as a top dressing, on any outdoor grow. Haven't needed it indoors yet. But YET, is a big three letter word.
HomieHogleg

I like to use a tablespoon full and mix in the top 1 inch of soil...No soil critters in my Shed..Ive tried useing it as a spray but may have used too much on account it left white resadue on the leafs...hope this helps

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

wetting DE renders it ...less effective. "I" prefer to top dress and water from below..:confused2:

i am thankful to have been turned onto this by our in house shower cap guy---have been using a handful for a full blanket as a top dress a day after watering because it tends to stay dryer---been watering it right thru next time the plants need watering and re apply the DE the next day cause it is calcium boost---been using it pretty liberally and not worried about cleaning up what doesn't make it into the bucket cause the gnats don't just stay in the bucket---if you got the fine powder you might consider a dust mask when you apply it---if it is shredding the skeletal system of gnats---can't bee too good for the lungs

Hick said:
wetting DE renders it ...less effective. "I" prefer to top dress and water from below..:confused2:
ya thats what i do also. some people put it in water and drink it lol. food safe DE only!!! good for plants, pets, bed, homes, & humans

Latest posts

Back