The Winter of My Discount Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irish said:
''we must, we must, we must increase our bust. the bigger the better, the tighter the sweater, we must, we must, we must''...:hubba: :p :D ...

The way I learned it is

The bigger the better the tighter the sweater the boys depend on us!!!

:D

thats the team spirit! GO GREEN...:D

I didn't know why we must we must we must improve our bust..that was all there was...But i knew we must we must...

Here are a few more pics. I had to retie all of the girls this morning, everything is falling over :eek:
DSCF5009.jpgDSCF5010.jpg
DSCF5012.jpgDSCF5013.jpg
DSCF5014.jpg

I chopped 2 plants today at 9 weeks :hubba:

Moon Dawg

MDawg 1.jpgMDawg 2.jpg
MDawg 3.jpgMDawg Partial Trim.jpg

Star Dawg

SDawg.jpgSDawg Partial Trim.jpg

I have an Indiana Bubblegum, Star Dawg and Mad Dog Kush left. I'll probably chop them later this week :icon_smile:

Have some fine tuning to do for the next discount tent grow (Down Twinkles). Not enough air circulating results in stems too weak to hold up the colas without extensive staking. Need better canopy management :cool: Too many plants :eek:

Well, I'll just have to keep trying :D I've already started rooting new MDKs and Moon Dawgs :woot:

The ladies look great . . . That main cola on the Moon Dawg turned out awesome!

i agree. you need more air flowing freely in there...and bigger light...:hubba:

make em do the crazy pants dance like they just stepped outta a fire ant mound.:p (ohh the stories i could tell ya bout that one!):eek:

maybe a 600 coolable, but no more in that space...i see this problem in smaller tents alot...can't get enough distance to blow a good size oscillating fan in them without operating them without the doors open...i know, kinda defeats the whole purpose of the tent to begin with, but it is the problem.;)

i view a tent as a mere scent containment tool. with proper filter no smell leaves space, but you end up with weak plants falling over week five.

once your in a small tent, isnt that much tweeking you can do...you are at maximum output at this point with what your working with, so if you upped your game a little, you'd be on fire...ever think about using tent as just veg outside that room, and paint walls white, and set up room with plastic floor, and roll tent free in flower? sorta like freeballin'...

something to think about in the future maybe...

i'm just kicking around ideas for a more fulfilling future of bigger trees of visions of one personal grow a year to supply your needs, and never run out of your own smoke ever again...it is possible...;)

nice grow with what your working with art. i envision another fan in your future...:)

Irish said:
...i view a tent as a mere scent containment tool. with proper filter no smell leaves space, but you end up with weak plants falling over week five.

once your in a small tent, isnt that much tweeking you can do...you are at maximum output at this point with what your working with, so if you upped your game a little, you'd be on fire...ever think about using tent as just veg outside that room, and paint walls white, and set up room with plastic floor, and roll tent free in flower? sorta like freeballin'......

Interesting observations, Irish, and I appreciate them! :D Here is some more info for your consideration :D

- My heat extraction system is a closed system. It sucks fresh air from the soffit through the cool tube and out of the grow room (into the main shed room where it escapes through the roof vent). My veg and grow tents each have a small ceramic heater that keeps them in the right temperature range. There is no other way I can think of to extract heat and maintain good temps.

- The closed heat extraction system leads exactly to the problem you mention - the entire shed smells to high heaven. I've been alarmed for 5 weeks now about how bad it smells outside the shed in my back yard :eek: . FYI - the Moon Dawg is one stinky plant, followed by Star Dawg. You won't smell any of the others over their ummm... aroma :D About 5 weeks in I hooked up the (Active Air) charcoal filter, just to recirculate air in the grow room, to not much avail :(

Your idea about dry walling the whole room and having a proper flowering room is a great one and I've been thinking about it for some time. I wish I had a good friend with dry wall skills. I don't have any construction skills at all.

Except for all of that, everything is working great :D :D :D

Any ideas/advice?

I'm smoking an 8 lb boston butt today so I harvested the rest :) I'll resize the pics and post them :)

Indiana Bubblegum

IBG1.jpgIBG2.jpg
IBG3.jpgIBG4.jpg

Mad Dog Kush - received the worst position and light in the overcrowded discount tent :( Sure smells good though :icon_smile:

MDK1.jpgMDK2.jpg

Star Dawg #2

Star Dawg 2a.jpgStar Dawg 2b.jpg
Star Dawg 2c.jpg

I put together a simple dry box for aroma control. Although you can't see them, there's an inline S&P fan hooked to an Active Air carbon filter laying in the bottom of the box, exhausting out the box. During the day, when the RH is low, I take the whole box outside and plug it in :D :hubba:

Dry Box 1.jpgDry Box 2.jpg

I'm really happy to have a wardrobe box again :) . They're cheaper here - $11.65 :D Maybe we should have a special forum for the things a wardrobe box can be used for :D :D :D

seen you say something about a canopy problem.. It seem like the 12/12 from seed method would work great for your setup

Nice job old man :D Looks like you are on the dank now..

Some pvc pipe and a little netting could fix your canopy, easy.

Latest posts

Back