The Winter of My Discount Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nvthis said:
Nice job old man :D Looks like you are on the dank now..

Some pvc pipe and a little netting could fix your canopy, easy.

I answer to a lot worse than that :hubba: :D It sure is/was fun to get my first crop in at my new place :D :icon_smile:

There's another good idea! I may try another scrog next winter :hubba: (along with a 600W HPS). I have the pvc parts but I will need some more netting :).

For my last grow this winter, I topped all 4 moms. The topless moms are a veggin' in the discount tent as we speak, so to speak :). I bought them 3 gal pots and some mycho stuff and Ima trim them unmercifully for several more weeks of veg and several weeks more into flower.

Oh, I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day..

Although I took a bunch of cuttings, I'm not going to be able to keep mother plants alive through the summer, so I'll be starting over completely late next summer. It's too bad, really, because I think Moon Dawg is going to be a winner :D

Happy New Years Art! Looks like you got some fine fire dank to ring in the new year.

now for the chorous.......

I like to dress in womens clothes and hang out in the bars.
I wish I was a girlie, just like my dear pa-pa!

Nice job! If you top them and tie down by drilling holes in the side of those buckets. You wont have to babysit them for falling over. Which is a good thing :) The falling over part in the yield category. Maybe try on one and see if you like it.

Ok.. Trimmed, topless moms.. Mm Hmm... I'm listening... ;)

Looks perfect to me.. And only getting better Art..

yeah man, it only gets better from this point on. everything you touch will start turning to gold real soon...

not a carpenter? whats all those tools for? :p i was a carpenter in the womb! tis true. i was into demolition back then tearing walls down!:eek:

it's a shed. you can wrap the inside with anything you want, or just paint the wood inside white.

so you just vent smells by rising heat out the gable vent? dont know what an 'active air' is...is that one of those things you plug in to bathroom outlet to help keep it fresh? i have an ionic pro, but thats not for smell elimination. it traps dust, pollen...(very expensive). then installed woodstove, and made that obsolete.

i have water heater reflective insulation wrap stapled to my paneled walls, and the rest is a fan and a light. i just blow air on my plants from in the same room that is not sealed at all. heck* there aint even a door on the flower room. :rolleyes: ...only fresh air i got is if i crack a window.;) ...you don't need alot of fancy gimmicky crap to grow great weed. if the smell isnt a big issue and no one in eye sight, i'd keep free venting out the gable...

you could keep a mom very easy if you find one you would want to save. i wouldnt bother with that though right now. alls you have to do is keep one clone alive thru the summer. when it gets to big, simply cut another clone and kill the mom off after another roots.;) you dont have to let it get very big before taking another cut, then tossing it again how ever many times it takes to make it thru the summer...a mom is a mom if its two inches, or two foot!:cool:

happy new year...smoke kind...

I need a little help, guys and girls :D My last grow this season is 4 weeks in. I'll post some pics soon :icon_smile: . In the meantime, the veg tent has been converted into a vegetable seed sprouting tent. It's almost outdoor gardening time here :hubba: So I need to get to sprouting veggie seeds and I want to do it in my 4 x 12 walled off area in the shed (meaning outside the veg tent) with a 4x4 T5HO.

How do I black out my shed window so my 4x12 area doesn't glow like an alien spacecraft at night? It needs to be completely temporary and completely effective. Seriously (which is rare for me), I don't want one peep of light visible at night.

Abra Cadabra - let the valuable and free advice commence, my friends :hubba:

Is it a big window? I use a black out shade from jc penny and then tape around the sides. It works.

You had to rub it in a bit about your growing season starting soon, didn't ya. while we up here in the great northwest only dream of seeing bulbs peeking through the earth. Enjoy Art.

powerplanter said:
What about plywood, like they do for hurricanes. :)

i have a cop staying down 5 houses down the street on the side of the window of the room i'm growing in, so i kno what u r saying about lighting like a ufo. i didnt go with plywood, i went with moving boxes or ups/fedex boxes from the equipment i received, and then i stapled a 2 black towels over the window. i can see anything from the outside anymore or from inside when the lights off.

staple a blanket over it said red green...:hubba: :p its a shed...

or, cut a piece of plywood, or even panel board, four screws to studs inside, viola! don't tell me you don't run power tools. what kinda red green fan are you anyway?:D :p ...

wheres the pics?!

Latest posts

Back