The you can't top autos bull

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonnieB

Reaction score
Here's a good example of an indica and sativa auto. Topped at 2 or 3w. Now is 9w. It never slowed down

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201024-114455_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201024-114455_Chrome.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20201024-141230_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201024-141230_Samsung Internet.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20201024-141216_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201024-141216_Samsung Internet.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 35
Nice work. Topping autos when done correctly, I would guess can help yield by controlling how the bud sites are positioned relative to the lighting.

What is your thought about starting it in a small container or solo cup and then transplanting? I've always recommended that route, whether it is auto or photoperiod. Someone recently suggested as soon as the tap root touches the bottom, it begins to flower. In the case of a solo cup, that could take less than 2 weeks. I haven't grown autos all the way myself, so have you had experience with that scenario?

Nice work. Topping autos when done correctly, I would guess can help yield by controlling how the bud sites are positioned relative to the lighting.

What is your thought about starting it in a small container or solo cup and then transplanting? I've always recommended that route, whether it is auto or photoperiod. Someone recently suggested as soon as the tap root touches the bottom, it begins to flower. In the case of a solo cup, that could take less than 2 weeks. I haven't grown autos all the way myself, so have you had experience with that scenario?
Totals garbage. My diary. Click the photo and see all pictures. Theres many Start at week 1 Rocbud purple roc F1, Northern Cheese Haze, Gorilla Glue Auto grow journal week1 by RonnieB - GrowDiaries

Transplanting plants stresses them more than hst imho. I can top a plant and it'll never slow down. Transplanting shocks and will slow growth

Look at the difference in the plants between 1-3, topped at 2 or 3. Then look at w3-5

Proper info, thank you :)

I've never had a stress issue from transplanting, but I've also never done autos, so that might be the difference there.

Having said everything i said. Never top a struggling plant. Be sure its healthy and use supplements that promote resistance to stress. Silicate blasting is my favorite. Give them lots of silicates every watering

My nutrients routine is pretty complex. Jacks hydroponic 3,2,1, 5-12-26 with 15-0-0 cal nitrate epsom salt, tribus bacteria, grower's recharge, humic acid at at least 60% purity, house and gardens aminos it has silicates, house and gardens root Excelurator until flower. Golden tree, sweet sticky and Neptune's harvest 0-0-1

I'm in limbo right now with nutrients and medium. Last two runs have been below par, trying new things though. I have hope for this next round. You have a lot going on but nothing seems like it would step on the others toes.

Mega crop if you want the best one part fertilizer hands down. Jacks hydroponic 3,2,1 but requires mixing. But what ever you do add growers recharge and humic to your routine it cannot harm plants

Here's a good example of an indica and sativa auto. Topped at 2 or 3w. Now is 9w. It never slowed down
How many times did you top those? Is that only once? My plants are only 9 days but they are autos too and I was wondering how soon to do that. Did you decided by node counts?

I have done it
Just very careful not to disturb the soil and roots
In red solo once the roots filled in I was able to carefully cut side and bottom off cut with razor knife
Plant trans fine

I topped once, let grow 5 days then tied down

I found your grow diary. My plants look like your first week plants but my stems are just starting to thicken a little. Your's look a little bigger. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back