There a Problem Need Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Hi everyone and it been awhile since I been on and asked questions and I started this grow around the first of the year and left them under veggie for 2 months and they where doing great, til I put them in my flower room , they r stretched for sure they been flowering since 3/6..

I started with 19 plant figuring I would end up taking out at least 8 males but Nope all females..

As u can see by the pictures there is a problem and I am more thinking it a Nitrogen deficiency and maybe phosphorus deficiency on a few leafs.. that by the Leaf-deficiency chart..

Northern Lights

8w x 14l x 8h
400 hps watts Not enough going to slam my 1000 hps watts in there this week.. 12/12

Temp during the day is 75 to 80 and night 50 to 60 degree

2 fans and I leave my door open all day, not worry about the smell.

Trio f.f. nut. I am going by the chart for feeding once a week that 2 tsp of tiger bloom 1 tbl big bloom and haven't gave them any grow big yet.

Well water start at 5.0 and use baking soda to bring up the ph to about 6.5 to 7.0 and using the drops solution test. run off seem to be the same..

Happy frog soil

pot size r 1 gal and didn't want to use 5 gal and want to keep small, yea right.. 3 feet tall. will transplant if I need to, to 3 gals pots

Is there something I am missing let me know,

Thanks for ur help

3-27-11 002.jpg

3-27-11 003.jpg

3-26-11 003.jpg

3-27-11 011.jpg

3-27-11 012.jpg

I see N deficiency Not Phosphorus though. When you Ph the water after nuting do you leave the water to stand for the nutes to break down before you feed?

Using the Drops PH tester will not give you a correct PH and I think your PH is a little out of wack and locking out your nutes

jeez those look stickly why are they so skinny? So much stretch.

Oooo Have they been lollipopped? Looks like need N and they are dry or overwatered...lookn limp and extremly under lit.

8x14 with a 400? You been here way to long to be struggling along. Shrink the room or add mega more light bro. Sounds like baking soda is not the best option. If you really want to save money over time, switch to organic. Sounds like you got multi things outta whack.

Jericho said:
I see N deficiency Not Phosphorus though. When you Ph the water after nuting do you leave the water to stand for the nutes to break down before you feed?

Thanks Jericho
No I don't, I adjust the ph and add nute and test again and feed..
I have some left over, so I'll go check that right now and let yea know what is the differents after a couple hour of sitting there..
I have only use 3 drops to test the ph with never 5 drop as it makes a different and it would cut down the use of Baking soda if I use 5 drops and maybe that might be better..

So N deficiency means too much or Not enough..? As the top of the plants are green and those leafs are from the Bottoms only.

3-27-11 016.jpg

3-27-11 018.jpg

You should be nuting your water and then adjusting the pH. I also believe that you cannot get a good pH reading with the drops. A deficiency means that there is not enough.

I would really recommend getting your room size down to 3 x 3 and getting rid of a bunch of the plants--keep maybe the best 4.

You had all females....is this a bagseed grow? I would be keeping a real good eye out for hermies. Nineteen out of nineteen females just doesn't happen naturally.

Post 7

your pH is too high. That is a dark green in my book. Probably pH 7.5-8.5!!!. You need a meter cause comparing colors is not precise. And who knows...u might be slightly color blind? lol ;)

oh and if u read the directions your supposed to fill the test vial 1/2 way and then use 3-5 drops.

it makes a difference

nouvellechef said:
8x14 with a 400? You been here way to long to be struggling along. Shrink the room or add mega more light bro. Sounds like baking soda is not the best option. If you really want to save money over time, switch to organic. Sounds like you got multi things outta whack.

Well I just moved them in that room from a big closet and get them away from the clothes.. Wife said so..

but in a room this big you are dealing with "scattering" and lessening light intensity. It would benefit your grow if you purchased 7-1000 watt lights, or shrunk the room by 1400%.

I am not even sure you will get something to smoke from such low light density (lumens per square foot).

Even a 400w in a "walk in" closet is not enough.

After you mix your nutes leave them to stand and then ph the water. I leave mine over night and the ph changes by about a whole 1.0. If you nute water and then feed straight away 12 hours later the ph will probably change.

I pH water first. If i dont my plants will go thru phos defic around week 4.

GH3 has buffers in it to lower pH. If solution is checked after nutes added, pH changes and not enough pH down is added.

After nutes i need 70ml to drop 30gal to 5.5.
Before nutes i need 150ml to drop 30gal to 5.5.

PLUS: PPM and nutrient concentration is affected as the pure pH down (acid) is poured into the res.

Try this: Put a few drops of you micro (dark nasty nute) into a cup. Then add a few drops of Phosphoric Acid...Your micro will turn clear as the acid bleaches out the nutes.

This happens when you pour the pH down in your res.

:)

OGKushman said:
Post 7

your pH is too high. That is a dark green in my book. Probably pH 7.5-8.5!!!. You need a meter cause comparing colors is not precise. And who knows...u might be slightly color blind? lol ;)

Hahaha this is exactly why i borrow my buddies meter cuz i am color blind lol, and I have heard nothing but bad things about any other reader that isnt digital. I'd ay ur plants are stretching becuase of the light situation man, one 400 isnt gunna cut it, maybe if you ran ur 400 AND ur 1000 at the same time you could keep more then four... just partition the room off, cut it in half man, do something! lol :eek:

I got it down. I pour 140ml into my filling res. When its full, its mixed and pHd. AND my pH never changes until i feed my plants the solution

:)

Yea I know what ur all talking about not having enough Light and I need to shrink the size of the room, but for right Now, I got to do with what I got in Materials.. None thing.. I had to start from scratch since I moved from my other place... So I have been out Dumpster diving at construction site and got a few thing to get started for shrinkage...!! Free Free

Ok I'll mix it up, check the ph and let it sit for 12 hr and recheck my ph. I have a Hanna ph tester and never had good luck with this ph tester as it always had to recalibrate and had it check with others.. so I went to the drops and was doing fine before..

So far they ALL seems to be Females and No signs of Hermie, but that can change down the road..!!

For sure it`s a Nitrogen def, probably due to a lockout by high ph as previosly stated... How old are your HPS bulbs?

wow I had no idea about waiting after you mix up your nutes...probably just one more reason why my ph always seems to be out of whack

Latest posts

Back