There are no Stupid Weed Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of venting, are any of the ducted vent fans reversible? My tent is in a small room under the stairs in my shop. I have a vent outside and a vent to the shop. The tent is 32"X32"X63" and it has a TSW3000 for lighting which can cook the plants in a few minutes if I close the tent when it's set to max. If I could reverse the fans to always draw from the coolest vent and exhaust to the warmest, I think I could keep the temperature better controlled. It could be done with a lot of extra duct work, or with double vents and fans everywhere, but reversible fans would really simplify things.

Why not use the window part of a portable AC? Lots of people, myself included, have them in their windows year round. That would give you up to an 8" hose to vent through.
He is wanting to pull fresh air in. I wouldn't suggest pulling it from outside. Venting outside would work great though.
Maybe I misunderstood. Whoops

This was what I was reading.

Would the space underneath the bedroom door be enough to draw in enough fresh air to supplement the air that is being drawn out, or would I have to have a larger opening to accommodate that?

I could vent through the ceiling into the attic, but I don't want to put a hole in it (or any other wall). I've thought about extraction through the north or west side window, but I don't want it to be obvious. I mean, a piece of plywood or whatever sitting at the bottom of a window with a fan blowing out during winter could raise alarms that I can't afford to be raised.

Was looking for both man. I just didn't want the exhaust to be suspect, but the portable ac window thing is a great idea. A lot better than tearing up my duct work under the house lol

I remember a guy asking if he could put flavored juice in the water for his plants if it would make it taste kinda like that flavor.
Of course the assholes that use to be on here made him feel like an idiot and he left the site and never came back.
Really pissed me off and I let them know it.
They should have explained to him why it wouldn't work but no,,, they wanted to be super growers and act like assholes.
That's why I like this thread. New growers can feel free to ask any question they want without being treated like shit.
1st person I catch treating a member like that will be called out quick fast and In a hurry.🤨
For what it's worth... Before I luckily found this place I was at a forum where this happened on a regular basis all the time. It's like they waited around to devourer the new guy. I can't remember where I posted here but a week or so back they almost imploded because of each other. My first thought was I need to somehow get this to Hopper. I didn't and it is just as well. I can't stand their smug pompous arses. I never been banned from anywhere that I know of, not even FB which Mrs. Monkey has actually been banned from a number of times now. I just wanted to stir their pot and watch them eat each other. They are not worth the extra strikes on the keyboard. Great Thread - I will be asking a few questions once I get caught up with real work today.

Speaking of venting, are any of the ducted vent fans reversible? My tent is in a small room under the stairs in my shop. I have a vent outside and a vent to the shop. The tent is 32"X32"X63" and it has a TSW3000 for lighting which can cook the plants in a few minutes if I close the tent when it's set to max. If I could reverse the fans to always draw from the coolest vent and exhaust to the warmest, I think I could keep the temperature better controlled. It could be done with a lot of extra duct work, or with double vents and fans everywhere, but reversible fans would really simplify things.

Never mind. This was a dumb idea. I'm just going to upgrade to a 6" fan and reduce it to 4" where it goes through the tent, and always vent to the outside. If I reversed the flow I would need a carbon filter and a way to rout around it when the flow reversed, etc. Some increased airflow is probably all I will need to get the temp back down to 85 or so.

Never mind. This was a dumb idea. I'm just going to upgrade to a 6" fan and reduce it to 4" where it goes through the tent, and always vent to the outside. If I reversed the flow I would need a carbon filter and a way to rout around it when the flow reversed, etc. Some increased airflow is probably all I will need to get the temp back down to 85 or so.
On the fans, no smaller than 6 inch, and I myself a glutton for overkill, the infinity 8 inch.
It moves twice the air their 6 inch does and has enough power to really move some air. My 4x4 in bedroom overheats in summer, I can run a vent tube all the way down stairs and pull up plenty of air. The larger models, 10 inch and above can be used as whole house attic fan type installation. Shutting all vents except lower intake and upper exhaust, I could darn near collapse the tent! Not really, but it blows so much more than my 6 inch it is ridiculous. Very handy when cooling is needed big time, it can suck air in that the 4 inch or 6inch doesn't come close.

You are spot on about the need for fresh air.

Bubba

In my tiny tent I think an 8" fan might suck buds off the plants!
Well yeah. This is for 4x4, hps, very hot room. 20+ feet of venting to get downstairs to cool air. You could leave it on lowest setting! If you plan on adding flower, veg or clone tent, you could daisy chain and the large fan will suck plenty. Downside to overkill is expense, both fan and filter.

Bubba

Well yeah. This is for 4x4, hps, very hot room. 20+ feet of venting to get downstairs to cool air. You could leave it on lowest setting! If you plan on adding flower, veg or clone tent, you could daisy chain and the large fan will suck plenty. Downside to overkill is expense, both fan and filter.

Bubba

I'm bad about throwing money at problems. I only regret my excess when I see my CC bill, so I have it set to auto pay : )

thats a good idea. Seeing a window unit not suspicious like my view on the way to the garage which my guests so far have not noticed or at least asked about. anyone from this thread would be all over it tho…
2E34DBDE-95AD-400D-8724-DA95A7B188E6.jpeg

For what it's worth... Before I luckily found this place I was at a forum where this happened on a regular basis all the time. It's like they waited around to devourer the new guy. I can't remember where I posted here but a week or so back they almost imploded because of each other. My first thought was I need to somehow get this to Hopper. I didn't and it is just as well. I can't stand their smug pompous arses. I never been banned from anywhere that I know of, not even FB which Mrs. Monkey has actually been banned from a number of times now. I just wanted to stir their pot and watch them eat each other. They are not worth the extra strikes on the keyboard. Great Thread - I will be asking a few questions once I get caught up with real work today.
My Wife is also banned from both accounts she had on FB for 30days. She is a radical 😂😂😂
Ask away brother. That imploding crap won't happen but once in this thread.

Latest posts

Back