There are no Stupid Weed Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippie420

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a thread where anyone, new or old, can ask marijuana related questions without fear of being laughed at or brow beaten. Anyone is welcome to ask or answer. All I ask is please be kind. Everyone was a beginner at one time. After all, we're all stoners or we wouldn't be here!

Back in the late '60s, I bought every book on pot growing that I could find in the local headshops. Back then, there was no internet to order from, and buying one through the mail was just begging an investigation from your local alphabet boys.
The most expensive one I'd bought was by a guy named Ed Rosenthal. Decent book for the day, but a few falsehoods.
The biggest one was that leaving your lights on 24 hours a day would kill a plant. Trust me, it won't. I've done it many times in veg cycle. No harm to the plants whatsoever.

I'm not sure it was his book or not, but one book I had mentioned that you could graft the top of a hops plant (yep, the stuff they make beer out of) onto a marijuana root stem and have a hops vine that contained THC. I'd heard years later that it didn't work, but I can't verify it.

My question; Has anyone ever tried grafting an indica or sativa plant onto a ruderalis
stem/root system? What would be the results/benefits?

Feel free to comment, or list your own questions. Like my buddy WeedHopper says, "The only stupid question is one you don't ask."

You shouldn't be reekin', peekin', and freakin' in public. Good way to meet the Boys in Blue.
You must be a forgiving soul. I'd slice a hole in his waders and push him out into deep water.
happiestday.jpg
My most happiest day !

I've read those too. Ed's book, one just called "Pot" and "child's garden of grass", which was also on a vinyl album. Well, an album version.

I do remember the deal with hops grafting, but I can't recall where that info was.

I remember another old book whose title escapes me, it's instructions were basically put it in dirt. Wait, and water. It was hand illustrated.

What was interesting to me was a section on feminizing seeds.

Different to than today's method, used a chemical called colchicine or something similar to treat the seeds.

Bubba

What was interesting to me was a section on feminizing seeds.

Different to than today's method, used a chemical called colchicine or something similar to treat the seeds.

Bubba
Yep, read the same thing. In the old TV series Quincy, they even did a show on people dying from smoking the weed after the seeds had been treated.

You shouldn't be reekin', peekin', and freakin' in public. Good way to meet the Boys in Blue.
You must be a forgiving soul. I'd slice a hole in his waders and push him out into deep water.
Exactly, I deserved it. Didn't know there was a cop driving right next to me and I took a huge hit......I looked over and he was motioning me to pull over.

That's a good one. Does he smoke?

Bubba

We actually became good friends 20 years later. I never smoked in front of him. He didn't even know he busted me until I told him.....should have seen the look on his face. Priceless.

Fishing makes strange friends. He bought a car from me and I helped him with a service problem at another dealership. He moved to Montana and I haven't spoken to him in years.... True Story.

My grow room is my spare bedroom. I have a 4x4 tent in that room and am going to put in a 3'x1.5' veg box in so I can have a flower and veg space. I never zip the walls closed on my 4x4 because I have no air extraction system. I believe that is hurting my grows since there is nothing pulling the used air out of the whole room and limiting reflection.

I could vent through the ceiling into the attic, but I don't want to put a hole in it (or any other wall). I've thought about extraction through the north or west side window, but I don't want it to be obvious. I mean, a piece of plywood or whatever sitting at the bottom of a window with a fan blowing out during winter could raise alarms that I can't afford to be raised.
Not from the smell... I can filter it and hide that, but it looks suspect.

There is one vent for the heat pump/ac in the floor of that room that I believe I could MacGruber to suck the air out into the space under my house (it sits on cinder blocks) if I were to pull the ducting off of it and funnel a fan underneath. My questions are:

Would the space underneath the bedroom door be enough to draw in enough fresh air to supplement the air that is being drawn out, or would I have to have a larger opening to accommodate that?

and

If that is enough, what CFM fan would be enough to refresh the air in a 9'x12' room?

or

Would it be better to have both grow spaces vented separately into the vent?

if so

Would that vent hole be large enough to pull the bad air out with two vent tubes running to it with a fan pulling out of each grow space and out of the room?

I hope all of that makes sense 😂

I remember a guy asking if he could put flavored juice in the water for his plants if it would make it taste kinda like that flavor.
Of course the assholes that use to be on here made him feel like an idiot and he left the site and never came back.
Really pissed me off and I let them know it.
They should have explained to him why it wouldn't work but no,,, they wanted to be super growers and act like assholes.
That's why I like this thread. New growers can feel free to ask any question they want without being treated like shit.
1st person I catch treating a member like that will be called out quick fast and In a hurry.🤨

Last edited:
My grow room is my spare bedroom. I have a 4x4 tent in that room and am going to put in a 3'x1.5' veg box in so I can have a flower and veg space. I never zip the walls closed on my 4x4 because I have no air extraction system. I believe that is hurting my grows since there is nothing pulling the used air out of the whole room and limiting reflection.

I could vent through the ceiling into the attic, but I don't want to put a hole in it (or any other wall). I've thought about extraction through the north or west side window, but I don't want it to be obvious. I mean, a piece of plywood or whatever sitting at the bottom of a window with a fan blowing out during winter could raise alarms that I can't afford to be raised.
Not from the smell... I can filter it and hide that, but it looks suspect.

There is one vent for the heat pump/ac in the floor of that room that I believe I could MacGruber to suck the air out into the space under my house (it sits on cinder blocks) if I were to pull the ducting off of it and funnel a fan underneath. My questions are:

Would the space underneath the bedroom door be enough to draw in enough fresh air to supplement the air that is being drawn out, or would I have to have a larger opening to accommodate that?

and

If that is enough, what CFM fan would be enough to refresh the air in a 9'x12' room?

or

Would it be better to have both grow spaces vented separately into the vent?

if so

Would that vent hole be large enough to pull the bad air out with two vent tubes running to it with a fan pulling out of each grow space and out of the room?

I hope all of that makes sense 😂
Do what I did to my walk-in closet door where my grow room was built. I put a vent in the bottom of the door. Easy to cut the hole and add the vent. That allowed me to pull more fresh air into the closet. My closet already had an ac vent in the ceiling but I wanted more airflow.

Last edited:
Do what I did to my walk-in closet door where my grow room was built. I put a vent in the bottom of the door. Easy to cut the hole and add the vent. That allowed me to pull more fresh air into the closet. My closet already had an ac vent in the ceiling but I wanted more airflow.
I could do that with the bedroom door. I'm ok with making a hole it in to allow more air intake. I could even black room filter the hole to keep unnecessary light out of the room. Thank you homie.

Latest posts

Back