There's a Trainwreck in my Backyard!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420_Osborn

So I know I'm late to the party...But I'm just hoping I'm not too late.

With the grow in my apartment being shut down indefinitely, I decided to move a Trainwreck thats about a foot tall outside.

The spot is next to a creek and it doesnt flood. I'll be wrapping the area with chicken wire as to keep pests out.

I'm digging up the native dirt and mixing in some Natural & Organic soil that I had left over.

It's not truly in MY backyard but I'll be close enough to check on her everyday! :D

Did I miss anything, besides the pics?

She'll be going out tomorrow. Oh BTW, I'm in the PNW around 47*N Latitude.

Planted her today!

She got 26 gallons of soil put in a huge hole that I dug. Sun from 9am to 4pm and then 6pm to sunset...:D

I like 25# fishing line better than chicken wire(string 3 levels around nearby trees).....it keeps the deer out, without being seen so easily. If the girls are big enough, the little critters won't hurt em.

Go in & out of the spot...a different way each time, or else a path will be worn in soon....specially with the lack of rain & high heat.

OSG, I'll keep ya posted. It rained like hell this morning. That would happen the day after I put her out there :rolleyes: I have my hopes that the rain will be good for her.

BB, There was some metal "fencing" laying on the property, its not exactly chicken wire, more like just a chunk of some old fencing. I wrapped that around the "plot" and wove the natural foliage through it. I was about 10 feet from the fence and when walking past it I couldnt even see the fence, not to mention the plant. :D She's only about a foot tall but she's got a few major nodes from being LST'd and topped while inside. I'm not worried about wearing a path to the plant because she's in a secure location.

Finally got some pics!!

These are from 2 daze ago

Here I am standing in my buddy's backyard looking at the fence...Can ya see it??
DSCN2495.jpg

Here she is!
DSCN2496.jpg

Looking through the fence.
DSCN2497.jpg

And She's next to the creek!
DSCN2498.jpg

That is fun Ozo. I hope she is very happy. I love the TW. Looks like you did a great job. Have you moved yet??

I hope the very best for you. I hope you can get one of those old houses up there and grow some meds!

I'm growing back out to visit her today...She'll need water and I'll make the decision to fed or not once I see her!

Pics to come!

SUBBED!

25 Gallons, wow. Nice preparation as well, shes lookin very healthy :aok:
-That close to the creek as well, would the soil absorb any of that water?

I want to think that it is absorbing water because she only needs it about once a week....But I dont know for sure.

I forgot to bring my camera when I went out...:(

Plant looks good, very healthy...The dumb dog at the house broke a main branch...he dug around the cage and got into the pen...literally seconds before I got to the patch.

Oh well...shouldnt be too bad.

Nice goil ya got there. Keeper mean and green, friend.

-HAppydaze

She's dead :( :mad: :angry:

Guy's dog knocked the surrounding fence onto her and she never healed up right....

Latest posts

Back