thermostat and receptacle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
I am an electrician and I have made a way to control the temps in the grow room. I took an analog thermostat and soldered 2 wires to the cooling terminals, these wires will plug into a receptacle that the exhaust fan will plug into. It is like having a thermostat in your house, when the temps reach 75 in the room the thermostat turns the fan on until itcools down to set temp. then turns off when set temp is reached. I am considering making these to sell. they will sell for about $50 Would anyone be able to use this product?

sounds like it might be very usefull go for it!!

hXXp://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/419559-REG/Middle_Atlantic_FC_4_1C_Thermostatic_Fan_Control.html

hamster I checked out that fan controller, it is much more technical than my design. I made this for use with our hobby in mind. You can mountthe thermostat anywhere you want, it will come wth detachable wires at the thermostat and at the relay controlled receptacle. the thermostats are $20 at hd. people could just mount the thermo to their wall, plug rcr up to existing outlet, and plug thier exhaust fan up to rcr(relay controlled receptacle). very simple and works just like a home thermostat. I could even usethe programmable type so that people could have a lower setting for night temps.

C.A.P. makes the same thing for around $60, with a photocell to program both day and night temps.
They also have one to control both heating and cooling elements.

hXXp://www.randmsupply.com/productdisp.php?pid=556&navid=6

we use these for about $55, they do heating and/or cooling. much more utility than just a thermostat.

hXXp://www.ebay.com/itm/WIN-Portable-Plug-Heating-Cooling-Units-Programmable-Outlet-Thermostat-/180809547253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1916bdf5

Latest posts

Back