these are my girls end of week 3 from seed. here to learn more. thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pptrsha1

Reaction score
20200710_070028.jpg

Looking great!!! Welcome to our humble abode.you can check my current grow journal here it's called Back in the saddle again.any and all questions are welcome, happy growing to you bro.

thanks for the welcome. wanted to grow a purple strain for a while. so GDP it is.

What a coincidence! I've got a GDP going on in water-only LOS but it was sprouted in a 15G pot so growth is a bit slower than yours. It would be interesting to compare.

What a coincidence! I've got a GDP going on in water-only LOS but it was sprouted in a 15G pot so growth is a bit slower than yours. It would be interesting to compare.
i think it would be fun to compare them. can i ask why you started in a 15gal pot?

I am doing a no-till grow. Eventually I want to plant a seed while the previous plant is in its final flowering stages. My Afghani was started in a peat pot filled with used soil then transplanted once it sprouted. She is in a pot that has run 3 plants through. This is a water-only grow although I did feed them molasses/kelp tea initially then again when I flipped her.

Don't know why but this site won't let me upload pics.

Last edited:
can you please explain your water only soil? is it living soil you cooked? i really hate peat pots and those pods. i have never used them successfully. i know they are acceptable but i just cant seem to make them work

It is loosely based on Clackamas Coots' mix. I used:

Promix HP 50%
Worm Castings 50% but with added perlite for extra aeration.

That is my base mix. To this I added the following amendments: (per cu.ft.)
1 cup Oyster shell flour
1 cup Eggshells crushed
2 cup Kelp meal
1 cup Alfalfa meal
1/2 cup Dolomite lime
1/2 cup Mineralized Phosphate
1 cup blood meal
1 cup bone meal

This was then moistened with LAB (Lactic Acid Bacteria) and left to stew for a couple of weeks. My first plant with this mix was transplanted (with 1" tail) then sowed some White Clover as a cover crop then mulched with Timothy Hay. Then I simply followed a wet/dry cycle to emcourage root growth.

At the second planting, I top dressed with neem meal, karanja cake and malted barley then watered with molasses/kelp tea.

There are a few recipes floating around but if you do a search for Clackamas Coots organic soil, you should be able to find it. I didn't follow the recipe to the letter but used what was available locally.

My next mix will skip the blood meal as I detected N toxicity, not enough to burn but still noticeable. Hope this helps.

edit:
In looking back at my notes, I added 2 cups of kelp meal. I also have red wiggler worms. So far no escapees LOL.

Last edited:
i am have to keep messing with the air conditioner trying to find the right temp in my room. its so old it has off and on. i keep messing with the lights trying to find what height is right. leaves are telling me something is off and i think its the heat. here they are 4 days after their new light.
20200714_104609.jpg

i am have to keep messing with the air conditioner trying to find the right temp in my room. its so old it has off and on. i keep messing with the lights trying to find what height is right. leaves are telling me something is off and i think its the heat. here they are 4 days after their new light.

What light do you have them under? Are the serrations on the leaves turning up? A little more info on the environment they are in could help.

Looking at the second pic, I can't see any issues with heat. But then again I am a beginner myself so someone ought to spot if there is anything wrong.

its a 650r diablo i started out at 48 inches then i dropped it down a little i am running the lights at half i thought it was less at first. i have one plant with variegated leaves from sprout so thats just they way it is. i was thinking overwatered maybe but i will be transplanting them to 5 gal bags on friday so it will be easier to tell

Knowing that your using the 650R and seeing the light green and droopy leaves, I’d say it’s light stress. I think the leaves would have more of the ”taco” effect if it was heat stress.

I think you are on track with the lights, after making the switch to LEDs I had to learn a healthy respect for them as they are misleadingly bright without the heat

Latest posts

Back