They sell clones at the grow shop…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
Happen to be near one of our local grow shops today. I went into this same shop about 6 months ago they had everything I had already purchased online and looked to be a nice store for a newbie to walk in and spend some cash on their new hobby. Tents and lights nutes and dirt hydro stuff…I needed a fan but they didn’t have any so I made a small purchase of some cloning gel and a spray bottle to support the local shop. I went into the shop again today as I was in the area. I figured I’d pick up some silica which unfortunately they didn’t have. I was surprised to see they had clones for sale. In all my daze I never would have imagined to walk in a store in Va Beach to buy reefer plants wow! They told me that they are not yet considered cannabis plants because in the clone stage they only had less than 3% THC and were considered hemp plants. They were all marked with strain names that I recognized. I’m not sure I would actually buy from here due to maybe picking some spider mites or other icky unless of course I didn’t have my Own clones at home in my tent and seeds popping for my next grow… just thought this was a great loophole and wondered why I had not heard of it… Was nice comparing my clones to theirs tho. Mine look much healthier. Maybe they could have done a better job of making them look nicer by trimming some of the yellow leaves off before the customers came to look at them.

I don’t know about now , I’m retired , but selling clones used to be where the money was

having good mother plants helps

clones hardly take up any space , they don’t use up a lot of electricity , hardly use any nutrients , quick turnover , and they are easy to grow…….

.low input cost , very high ROI

get a good route going and it’s not difficult to sell 500-1000 clones a month

Clones are always easier than seeds BUT once you have brought home the Nasties one time
you may think twice next time.
I have had clones come from very trusted sources only to have my crops infected
Isolate and treat them as if they all have bugs

913983c4a56103406de008999916d563_w200.webp

I don’t know about now , I’m retired , but selling clones used to be where the money was

Yep. Made more money off of clones than I ever did weed. I'd have a big batch ready for May because that's when all the guerilla growers wanted them, but I'd caution them not to put them out 'til June. Nobody ever listened. I'd sell a bunch in the middle of May, and they'd be back in June for replacements. More money for me and a chance to pass out the, "I told ya so's".
Around these parts, you could always plant around May 10th. That was years ago. Now a days, we get frosts much later in the month. Must be all that global warming, huh? :)

Yep. Made more money off of clones than I ever did weed. I'd have a big batch ready for May because that's when all the guerilla growers wanted them, but I'd caution them not to put them out 'til June. Nobody ever listened. I'd sell a bunch in the middle of May, and they'd be back in June for replacements. More money for me and a chance to pass out the, "I told ya so's".
Around these parts, you could always plant around May 10th. That was years ago. Now a days, we get frosts much later in the month. Must be all that global warming, huh? :)
They were selling these clones for as much as 100.00 at the shop. Some were 50.00 and 60.00 looked to be marked according to strain and size. I expect there is quite the mark up. I have two extra clones still hanging around in my tent. I really don’t know growers around me and keep pretty quiet about my grow except for here.

same here , 10-20 bucks a clone

dam , 100 dollar clones!……fecking inflation has hit the pot business
Right? I was amazed at the price compared to what growers were selling them for. They are making their own clones in the store too. I guess they are feminized but I’m not sure. Should be right?

Latest posts

Back