THG Gets Her Hands Dirty-PartII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

So, I got home from a small vacation in June to 8 dead plants and another one that was dying. So, being summer and all, I decided to do another organic run. I am using NV's super soil which i am supplementing with teas. I love working with dirt and it is so much easier in the summer when it can be hard to keep res temps in check.

This started in mid June when I germed a bunch of seeds. Here they are about a week or so old.

Then a couple of weeks later, the end of June, I started some Satori and Master Kush. Here they are July 15--4 Satori and 3 Master Kush.

The next 3 pics are of the vegging plants taken the 22nd--6 Nurse Larry, 3 Sweet Tooth, 4 Satori, 3 Master Kush, I Blue Lights clone, 3 little God's OG Kush (one of which died, having trouble with this strain). Not in that order.

I had moved the 4 Beyond the Brain and 3 C99 to the flowering room while they were still small and unsexed because there was little in the flowering room and a lot vegging. They sexed this week and I ended up with 1 BTB and 2 C99.

I am still an organic newbie so feel free to offer any suggestions and advise. These will be in 3 gal pots. I can buy some 5 gal pots if others think it is advisable, but would like to keep them in the 3 gal if I can.

6-20-13 003-1.jpg

7-15-13 002.JPG

7-22-13 006-1.jpg

7-22-13 008-1.jpg

7-22-13 009-1.jpg

7-26-13 003-1.jpg

morning thg---you asking for advice is like the student teaching the teacher lol---as you very well know size always matters---if your space allows you to run 5 gal pots than you should---roots need space---more roots = bigger plants---love seeing you in the dirt :aok:

Looking tidy and lovely! Holy cow, you got lots going on.... Woo hoo, i am watching.

:ciao: Goddess!

Mind if I watch yer dirty grow show?

Where did you find Nurse Larry seed? jk :p

Can't wait to see you rock these gals.

Lookin' very nice and very healthy. They like you.

im watching for sure. they all look beautiful THG. how bout a rundown of what is going into your AACT's?

Thanks all. There is just something so special about working with good organic soil.

Shortbus, what are AACT's?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 7greeneyes again.

Where did you find Nurse Larry seed? jk :p

The Hemp Goddess said:
Thanks all. There is just something so special about working with good organic soil.

Shortbus, what are AACT's?

Air Activated Compost Tea. which is just a fancy way of saying compost tea lol

Thanks Shortbus--there are so many acronyms now.

The one I use most is one Ozzy posted up.

5 gal water
5T Molasses
5T Epsom Salts
5T Blood Meal
5T Bone Meal
1 c Compost
2 c Worm Castings

Aerate for 48 hours and strain. Mix 50/50 for watering and 25/75 for foliar spray.

I think that I am going to make a 5 gal tea maker with a spout. I have looked at several commercial ones for ideas. I haven't made a lot of teas, how much aeration do I really need?

I just use a 10 gallon fish tank pump...It just needs to keep the liquid moving...I also like to use paint strainers so no need to strain....I think you did too..I thought ...now get some dirt under those nails:D

:48:

glad to see you getting dirty thg!! again....
im still @ it and love it, it seems to be top notch and most don't compare. mixed correctly its solid no tea required.
killer smoke for ya
I love the taste = organics

WOO gettin' dirty!! yay! :D

Stickin' around if you don't mind THG :aok:

4U--thanks. I have used an aquarium air pump in the past. Some of the commericial ones are using quite large pumps for the teas. I just wondered if more bubbles were better. I would rather use a smaller pump.

Hi Ruffy. Last summer I ran organics, too. Even though I mixed the super soil right, I decided that the plants needed some supplementary teas. I'll keep working on it though.

DGF, glad to have you.

yup I remember thg, and that's why I said that. how ever the girls grow is up to the grower. & we know even thoe your a hydro queen, the organic soils, will be just as enjoyable.
now weres all the pics and keep that green dirty thumb alive! lol

When I search the Forum for "NV's super soil" there are no matches. "Super soil" finds over 300 threads. Somewhere a while back I read a thread about soil mixes but cannot recall which message it was or find it again. I've got a pretty good mix right now but would enjoy knowing the ingredients of yours if not too much trouble.

I think youll have t to ask nc for it in private.

I will see if I can find the super soil recipe. I know it is here somewhere.

I made some worm tea and will give the kids some today. I am really happy with the SNS 209--a pest preventative. I get spider mites a lot in the summer, but haven't seen any yet (knock on wood). I will continue to use the SNS 209

The 2 Cindies and the Beyond the Brain were stretching real bad. It can't be lack of light as they kept growing up to the glass. So I supercropped them. Two of 3 Sweet Tooth are boys and were pulled out this morning. The other hasn't shown, so hope it is a girl. Four Nurse Larry and a Master Kush, all unsexed went into 12/12 today.

This leaves 4 Satori, a Blue Lights clone, and 2 God's OG Kush vegging in the tent. There are 2 Master Kush and 2 Nurse Larry in the vegging closet.

I hope to wind up with about 10 in 12/12 after sexing. They are smaller and I don't think I will have trouble with 10 in my space. I do like dirt.

7-31-13 004-1.jpg

7-31-13 007-1.jpg

7-31-13 012-1.jpg

7-31-13 013-1.jpg

which are the satori?, they all look perfect :D

Latest posts

Back