THG Gets Her Hands Dirty

• Thread starter The Hemp Goddess
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. Just make sure to keep the medium moist. I tend to water, less, more often, rather than a saturation. Letting the medium get to dry will wreak havoc on the life in the soil. Throwing things all outta balance.

Show us the Gravedigger and Bourbon St. that you have going along the way too. :D

:48:

those pics look great! new page time for new pics THG! :D

:48:

I will--they are still small. I will be planting them into party cups soon. What I did with the first soil run I did was use a milder mixture than NVs when I transplanted into party cups. It is one of LC's mixes that Ozzy posted. When I put them into the grow bags, I used about a 25% mixture of NV' super soil with what I call my "base mix" which is a mixture of organic potting soil, perlite, and peat moss. They have been given no extra nutrients, teas, or foliar sprays and are looking fine.

I also have 3 Beyond the Brain that I started hydro and then put into soil. These are about 2-3 weeks away from harvest and showing no signs of deficiencies, except the normal yellowing of the leaves as N is used.

I probably have been letting my soil dry out too much between waterings. Thanks for the tip NV!

Thanks OG. I'm not sure they have changed enough in the past 4 days to warrant new pics. However, when the lights go on tonight, I will try and get some pics of the BTB. They are doing good, especially for plants I vegged in hydro and transplanted to super soil.

It has been 10 days since I sexed the plants. I figured I'd update.

The last pic is the new babies I have going--mostly Gravedigger and Bourbon St. I have a few Mandala strains thrown in there and two of the Attitude freebies--OG Kush and Fruity Chronic Juice. LOL--I am checking them every day.

5-9-12 001-1.jpg

5-9-12 003-1.jpg

5-9-12 004-1.jpg

5-9-12 007-1.jpg

5-9-12 010-1.jpg

5-9-12 012-1.jpg

The seedlings on the left and the 2 on the top in the right tray are the Gravedigger and the Bourbon St. The Bourbon St on the right upper side was a twin. I am not even going to attempt to split it. I'll just treat it like a topped plant.

nouvellechef said:
Looks good. Just make sure to keep the medium moist. I tend to water, less, more often, rather than a saturation. Letting the medium get to dry will wreak havoc on the life in the soil. Throwing things all outta balance.
:yeahthat: :goodposting: +rep

Been noticing the same thing over the last year or so and have been more careful with the 'dry' part of the wet/dry cycle.

Been hesitant to mention it though except to experienced growers. For noobs or inexperienced growers it would be a surefire invitation to overwatering.
IfyaknowhatImean.:holysheep:

Sometimes they have a hard time with the difference between moist and wet/soggy.:hubba:

Wet

Good to see you trying organics THG. Looking good. Once you get the mix figured out its so easy its almost boring! thats why I do both.

The dirt babies are doing well. I am really liking the organics. I will be curious to see if I detect any difference in taste. I think they are growing as well and as fast as any hydro plants.

I started some Master Kush seeds. LOL--necessity is the mother of invention...I discovered that I was out of rapid rooters, so I just made some little pots from newspaper.

5-16-12 001-1.jpg

5-16-12 002-1.jpg

5-16-12 003-1.jpg

Can you believe the way it tastes in the vape? You will have to do a side by side vape comparison of hydro vs dirt. I don't know how you can taste anything but smoke after you vape a while.

I am so happy you like the dirt.

looking great hempgodess....great idea on the newspapper cups...curious how well they will hold up...Ive smoked both hydro and organics...and IMO..organics taste way better..mojo for the grow

take care and be safe

I love my vape sooooooo much. I pulled some test buds off the Beyond the Brain. They spent several weeks in hydro and then were transplanted into the supersoil. Even without a cure, the BTB is tasting wonderful. However, I didn't have the vaporizer when I last smoked some.

I'm really so glad that I am liking the dirt, too.

Dirt be natures blood and glad yual have takin care in it cause blood in anythin be only life. MJ life be good with benifit. Be might high right now and sorry ifin I am somewhere aint suppose to be. Love to all friends.

BWD

Nice work THG yual have wild skills in the bush, oops mean dirt ;)

Excellent read THG~

Just got caught up on ur GJ and ready to ride along on ur organic adventure! They look beautiful, healthy, and happy!

The Hemp Goddess said:
The dirt babies are doing well. I am really liking the organics. I will be curious to see if I detect any difference in taste. I think they are growing as well and as fast as any hydro plants.

I started some Master Kush seeds. LOL--necessity is the mother of invention...I discovered that I was out of rapid rooters, so I just made some little pots from newspaper.

THG :ciao: Your organic soil grow looks great- greenest of mojo to ya.. Organics done right is a beautiful thing you look like you got it.. :rofl: great idear with pots-I used to use news paper pots to transport starters into their mountain homes..cause i hated carrying pots home.. Just drop the plant in hole open news paper and walla no pots to carry home :).

Aloha
Squidy

Latest posts

Back