THG Gets Her Hands Dirty

Discussion in 'Organic Growing' started by The Hemp Goddess, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Jun 29, 2012 #81

Ruffy

Ruffy

Ruffy

i love mj!

how many weeks in flower are ya? teas this early with a s soil? im testing my nut hog to see how fast or badly they go yellow this round. last round they went yellow week4-5.
    the g d's are kinda small compared to the others, but the tricks & smells are great 4 more weeks maybe 3. cheers thg & best of luck

2. Jun 30, 2012 #82

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

I am 2 weeks into flowering. I ran out of nutes early with the first batch, so I thought I would try some teas along the way. I am new to this organic stuff, so am kind of learning as I go.

I have 3 Bourbon St, 2 Gravedigger, 1 Satori, 1 Satori/Dynamite,1 Safari Mix, 1 OG Kush (attitude freebie), 1 Fruity Chronic Juice (attitude freebie) in the flowering room. I have 5 Master Kush, 5 Satori, 5 Beyond the Brain, 4 Ganesh, and 1 OG13 (attitude freebie) vegging now. Taking care of the inside garden and the outside veggie and flower gardens is taking a lot of time right now.

3. Jun 30, 2012 #83

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

I pulled all the girls out of the closet and gave them a shower--92 degrees and 27% RH today. I though I would snap some pics.

The bags are labeled, but don't know if they will be legible:

1. The Attitude Freebies Fruity Chronic Juice and OG Kush
    2. Three Bourbon Street-Leprechaun Seeds
    3. Two Gravedigger-Leprechaun Seeds
    4. A Safari Mix, a Satori, and A Dynamite/Satori cross

I got more stretch than I like on some of these, but hey, it happens. I am quite happy with the fast bud development. I flipped these 6-15 to force sexing. I weeded out the males on the 24th. The yellow is the HPS light--they are looking a nice healthy green.

7-1-12 016-1.jpg

7-1-12 019-1.jpg

7-1-12 020-1.jpg

7-1-12 022-1.jpg

7-1-12 024-1.jpg

7-1-12 025-1.jpg

SquidyPacheco likes this.
  4. Aug 2, 2012 #84

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

These have stayed greener this run. I am about 2-3 weeks out on most of these. I have all the flowering plants in one closet--trying to concentrate the cooling power I have to one flowering space....it has just been so darned hot for so long.

I have some Mandala strains in veg that I burned with too much ss on the initial transplant. The OG13 did fine though. I just need to remember that Mandala strains do not like as hot a soil as some other strains.

I am having a real time getting things to root just now. I don't know if it is the 15% RH or the heat, but have been struggling to get things to root.....I think I may have to pop some more seeds.

1. 3 Master Kush
    2. 2 Bourbon St.
    3. Bourbon St and OG Kush
    4. Satori cross and a Satori
    5. Same as pic 4???? (Duh)
    6. Grave Digger, Safari Mix, Bourbon St.

I've got 2 more Gravediggers going that I apparently didn't snap any pics of or I deleted them....hate it when I'm stupid.

8-01-12 009-1.jpg

8-01-12 011-1.jpg

8-01-12 013-1.jpg

8-01-12 014-1.jpg

8-01-12 015-1.jpg

8-01-12 016-1.jpg

5. Aug 2, 2012 #85

ozzydiodude

ozzydiodude

ozzydiodude

:aok: look like it almost party time at THG

6. Aug 2, 2012 #86

Ruffy

Ruffy

Ruffy

i love mj!

looking good thg! ill be mixing up a pile of n.c's mix this weekend for a month long cook actually 6 weeks since thats when ill need it next. im loving these mixes, so easy to grow. up next, white rhino & ubc chemo & more polllin chuckin, well next round

7. Aug 2, 2012 #87

7greeneyes

7greeneyes

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!

Lookin real good there, Goddess. Keep rockin it

:peace:

8. Sep 24, 2012 #88

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

I just don't know what I am doing wrong. My veggies loved the supersoil and I had the best vegetable garden in the area. However, with my indoor grow, it is a different story. I am just not getting near the growth and yield off the soil plants as I have my hydro ones. I am not going to throw in the towel, but I am going to fall back and punt.

This difference was really brought home to me last week. I had been gone for about 5 days. I had 15 soil plants in solo cups that were going to be transplanted when I got home. I had one plant in a hydro unit. Even though they are about the same age, the hydro plant was 2-3 times larger than the soil plants. So, Saturday, I took all the soil plants out of their Solo cups and put them into DWC units. This is always a gamble, but they are doing okay so far. I snapped this pic Saturday when I transplanted them. I thought the difference in growth was quite amazing. There are 6 plants on the left, the hydro plant in the center and and 9 on the right.

9-23-12 004-1.jpg

9. Sep 24, 2012 #89

pcduck

pcduck

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant

THG don't despair. My first soil grow was not nearly at par with my DWC grows, but it has started to come around. I still believe that my DWC has faster growth in veg and hopefully will be reverting back once the temps of summer subside. I just cannot do DWC in Summer because of rez temps.

10. Sep 24, 2012 #90

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

That is very strange. I wonder what in the world would make the soil so much smaller. This is very interesting but I am sorry the soil didn't come out better for you.

Please don't give up on dirt or organics.

The Hemp Goddess likes this.
  11. Sep 24, 2012 #91

nouvellechef

nouvellechef

nouvellechef

Simply put. You just will not see the growth rates and yield vs hydro. Or Chem nutes for that matter. I switched back to GH3 for last few crops in part because I am getting bored of soil and been wanting to dust off the old ebb and grow buckets anyhow. Clearly I can see a alot of differences. Growth rate, yield, etc. I still believe, maybe cause its in my head, but all the buds I have grown in organic soil, taste different. Better, idk. Would lean to yes. I do however like the burn quality of organic buds.

12. Sep 24, 2012 #92

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

LOL--I really didn't think I would see that much difference. It is really easier for me to do hydro in the winter as soil is hard to store and deal with when you get a lot of snow, so probably a good time to switch back and I may be making a move in a month or 2. My outside veggies did sooooo well that I really expected the same from my indoor grows.

It seems like I had some that maybe tasted better, but I had some with not much taste at all. I don't seem to have any trouble with burn quality, regardless. It can get hard to tell (remember) taste after 100s of plants.

I'm not giving up, I just need to get a little better and know what does what and what to do when a plant looks off. This will be winter reading.

Thanks for chiming in NV. I value your thoughts.

13. Sep 24, 2012 #93

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

mojo for you godess...I know all too well of winter and stored soil:doh:..hard to plant in a frozen block:giggle:..Im all dirt though...I do have a few buckets bubbling with water...does that count?:p

take care and be safe

14. Sep 24, 2012 #94

HemperFi

HemperFi

HemperFi

It's just a learning curve, Goddess. Really a dramatic difference tho. I'm sure you will figure it out -- you are the Goddess...

Peace

15. Sep 25, 2012 #95

Ruffy

Ruffy

Ruffy

i love mj!

i have less experience than u in soil thg!
    from what ive heard it could take 2 days for te roots to hit the the soil, then te overall grow is like 2-3 weeks slower than other hydro style ways.
    i dont have a clue, but ill see what happens when i put my girls in n.c's s.s mix in a few weeks for a few good runs.
    i have found using vics s.s week 6 on they seem to loose alot of nuts, even with teas. or the cal im putting in my teas is killing them , lol.
    trial & error & ill see how things pan out
    best of luck thg. & dont give up

16. Oct 5, 2012 #96

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Although this is my dirt thread, I am updating the status of the hydro plant. I put the hydro girl into 12/12 today. This is the growth in 12 days...you just got to love it.

9-23-12 002-1.jpg

10-3-12 003-1.jpg

my my likes this.
  17. Oct 5, 2012 #97

HemperFi

HemperFi

HemperFi

I am sure that soon you will be kickin some organic buttox. Leaving the little ones in the cups for a week must have had something to do with the difference shown, but heck, you may just be a hydro girl and have to face that fact :)

Peace

18. Oct 6, 2012 #98

powerplanter

powerplanter

powerplanter

Looking sweet THG, at least you can grow. I'm sitting here with nothing to smoke or grow. They all look pretty good to me. lol

19. May 22, 2013 #99

Wetdog

Wetdog

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog

It's the indoors/outdoors thing, I've noticed the same thing, using the same soil mix. IDK, I guess the micros just don't work as well indoors? The constant temp/humidity or ??? Might need those fluctuations that you get outside?

But, you're not the Lone Ranger(ett) here.:D

Did you ever get your Comfrey going?

Wet

20. May 22, 2013 #100

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

!2 days growth? It amazes me that hydro can do so much faster then soil. Are the harvest times different too?