Things looking okay? (2 plants week 2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCity123

Reaction score
These are my two plants the larger plant apprears to be thriving. I have read the grow guides thouroughly but I am looking for some opinions.

The lighting situation is:

3 4 foot fluro white grow lites 30 watts each
and one repti sun 8.0 UVA/B blue 20 watt fluro

all are on 24/7

Soil is Miracle-Gro 3 Month

I'm new and any advice is greatly appreciated

SunnyCity123

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The plants look okay... the soil was a bad choice...
UVA and UVB hurts plants just like it does people.. so try to find out how much it puts out in the blue spectrum.. it might not be beneficial to use it.
the plants in the same pot... should each be in their own...
Everything looks fine tho... however I would not add any nutes whatsoever unless u re-pot in a nutefree soil first.

That Repti-Glo 8.0 bulb probably isn't the best of bulbs to use, it seems to be producing a lot of red light or atleast more red than blue. This isn't good for your chances of producing females, more blue light produces more females, whereas more red light produces more males. I would suggest just using some cheap sunlight bulbs.

red light is fine... same as a hps... as long as the levels of uva and uvb are not too bad u'll be fine... u'd notice it by now probably if it was hurting something.

This light is so blue you can hardly look into it. It appears to have no red at all, did the link work correctly?

haha oops I didn't look. It has a lot of blue, which is great... plants dont use uva or uvb.. it is toxic.. like humans... but hell knows how much the sun puts off... like I said if it hurt nething.. you'd see it way b4 now. I use a bunch of ''aquarium & plant bulbs'' they are the same kinda deal... wide spectrum... but they seem to work well imho.. they just dont put out as much lumens as a normal coolwhite bulb.

Latest posts

Back