Things to not use - Growing indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For every success story with MG there are more horror stories.

Yes you can grow with it but it's often not easy to do. I have seen way more people struggle with it than succeed. jmo

I agree with Hamster. I use to use MG with roses... I would NEVER use it with cannabis.

The problem with Miracle Grow is that it is a general "all purpose", hot nutrient fertilizer. MJ is an unusual plant that tends to be more like Herbs than weeds or general plants. MJ is very need specific, which is why it only grows in certain locations around the planet. That is not to say that you can't have success with MG nutrients, but it leaves way too much room for mistakes like nute burn, toxicity, and too moist soil.

If you have animals, you don't feed them everything from the table to the yard. You feed them specific foods that are best for them to have. You could feed them a little of everything and most will do ok but they will not be able to maintain good health that way. The same is true for MJ.

This thread isn't for the highly experienced and knowledgeable growers to delve into for vast knowledge. While many experienced will look at this to see if there are any good little tidbits of information. This thread is more for the inexperienced growers who want to get around the learning curve and not suffer the same mistakes that the more learned growers have already gained the experience from suffering. The purpose off this thread is so new growers can benefit from our mistakes and not have to go through trial and error to get this knowledge.

Yes you can use Miracle Grow for MJ if you are highly experienced and know how to work the combinations of soil, water, and nutrients to keep the MG from doing more harm than good, but new growers don't need to suffer that kind of headache when there are so many solid nute brands that are specifically formulated for MJ. Yes there are variations of those as well, but that is to allow for the variations of MJ strains and variations of environment. :)

Nice post HP. I used MG for years and now I am using Fox Farm. I am hoping to see a noticeable difference.

You definitely will Hackerman. Quality AND yield.

The guru that taught me how to grow was still using Miracle Grow up till a year ago after 25 years of growing(intermint5tenly using dfferent soils but moslty MG) now he uses Pro-Mix and has upped his game as well. I'm sure MG is great for non-MJ where you can kinda let it go but not with cannabis, it needs more attention.

Update: wonder soil is just coco coir and perlite w/ worm castings. I think the yellow/brown was just the nutrients in the cotyledons being used up. I'm trying again with it since I found out its coco coir

I suck at trimming myself I ain't selling it so who cares? It smokes good.

I suck at trimming myself I ain't selling it so who cares? It smokes good.
Indeed.. I mean, I can do a lot better job, but man it was tiring.. The smoke of that plant was really really dank.. Like skunk dank.. But it came out of 1 of like 500 bagseed I have saved over the years.. I have some mid seeds I pulled from:
View attachment DSCN2065.jpg
I have a seed growing right now from my mids bag..

I should also point out about the moister while using peat pellets. When you soak them and make them expand you have to squeeze out the excess water otherwise it will be way to moist for just about anything you put in them..

Nice...bag seed can be tricky. You always have to worry about Hermies showing up. Best case scenario it got cross pollinated and you get one of those gems.

some times you have to use what you can get or what you can afford.
unnamed4_zpsc7ecb744.jpg

Yea, gonna grow this one that I have while my tent is on 18/6 and then switch and see what happens.. Or I may just use this medium size box that I have setup with some cfls inside to see what the sex is.. got to wait though till I can pull a clone.

I know I used to usually only get red hair weed back in the day and usually kept the seeds. Was always good smoke.

Do not use lady bugs indoors to kill spider mites... Trust me, I know :(

I've used Miracle gro before and the best for cannabis as long as it doesn't have fungus gnats is African Violet MG soil. I've also grown bagseed in that same soil and produced this:

I know the trim job sucked.. :laugh:

i have a pitcher plant and 2 venus flytraps that take care of occasional gnats :D

:dancing: fun to watch the flytraps in action too i go around trying to catch fly's to feed them

a dish with apple cider vinegar will trap gnats and help knock the numbers down if you're having a problem with them

Latest posts

Back