Think I’m pollinated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Volcano, that plant does not appear to be a hermy, but appears to be a full blown male. I see absolutely no sign of female pistils. But that can happen, too. I have gotten seeds that were supposed to be femmed, but ended up being totally male.

Those are just swollen calyxes. They're not pollen sacs. There's a big difference. And calyx do have a little seed looking thing in the middle.

Those are not swollen calyxes. Those are male flowers. I have 4 male plants in my backyard right now that explode pollen every time one of those opens. Volcanobuds would be best off removing that male now unless he wants seedy weed...

Those are not swollen calyxes. Those are male flowers. I have 4 male plants in my backyard right now that explode pollen every time one of those opens. Volcanobuds would be best off removing that male now unless he wants seedy weed...
I immediately sprayed down my crop with water & removed the males. The remaining females are near harvest & appear to be seed-free. Thanks for you input!

The others are near harvest? Did this male plant go in way later than the other plants?

The others are near harvest? Did this male plant go in way later than the other plants?
No. They all started as feminized seeds that were germinated and grown together in a 3 x 4 tent, but the moment I noticed the sacs in early flower, I immediately sprayed the entire tent and crops with water/mist, wiped the tent & RDWC down clean and removed the males....about 6 weeks ago. The remaining females look great, about a week to 10 days from harvest and I see no evidence of seeds.

The breeder I got them from was Good Buzz. I bought one batch of seeds and the germination rate was awful. I ordered Girl Scout Cookie Autos. Out of the whole batch only two made it. Out of the two supposed female autos, one turned out to be a male which I got out in time and the other is about 6 feet tall now and in my garden.....Not an auto. Luckily I had paid a little extra for insurance so they sent me new seeds. This batch has done better but again that pic above is from these seeds. One big lesson I have learned this year is to pay a little more and look for a better breeder. A buddy of mine and myself have ordered a few seeds made by Barneys Farm. They seem to be doing wonderful and the germination rate has been 100%.
You should always get 100% germination rates from seeds ordered from reliable seed banks by ESTABLISHED breeders.
I'm seeing all these new growers and strains out there and I belong to a lot of weed pages and I am seeing more and more posts every day about all these inferior breeds and breeders.
If the breeder hasn't been around at least half as long as I have I would never buy their seeds and I only trust a couple seed banks one of which I will be through with as soon as I figure out which bank sent me seeds other than what I ordered.
When you order the same seeds from the same breeder but from different sources, one in Canada and one in the U.K., and they are as opposite as can be, someone screwed me over and I'm pretty sure who it was.

Recently I have gotten seed from www.seedsman.com and seem very reliable to strain, and they come in the breeders pre-package make up so you know which seeds are definitely which. What IS interesting is that the packages came from within the United States. Last 3 times was from Oklahoma, and before that it was California.

20190413_114928 (Large).jpg

Latest posts

Back