Thinking about buying this BHO Extractor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you do? I know you don't just smoke. I'm sure you do water hash (bubble hash). I'll bet you don't like ISO hash. Something about smoking ISO that just doesn't appeal to me (and, I'll bet you).

I'm not real thrilled about smoking the by-product of butane, either, to be honest.

We need to find an inert product that strips TCH from cannabis.

LOL--Hackerman are you asking me about my bad habits or other things I do with cannabis? I am a big fan of bubble hash. I also make some edibles, and a glycerin tincture that I use in e-cigarettes. You are right about the ISO (funny how we can get such a good feel for people we have only conversed with on the internet). I think that using as pure a butane as you can get will help and, whether we like it or not, every time we light a cigarette, a joint or a pipe with a butane lighter, we are inhaling a bit of the butane also. It would be great to find something to strip the THC that is harmless to us.

LOL--Hackerman are you asking me about my bad habits or other things I do with cannabis? I am a big fan of bubble hash. I also make some edibles, and a glycerin tincture that I use in e-cigarettes. You are right about the ISO (funny how we can get such a good feel for people we have only conversed with on the internet). I think that using as pure a butane as you can get will help and, whether we like it or not, every time we light a cigarette, a joint or a pipe with a butane lighter, we are inhaling a bit of the butane also. It would be great to find something to strip the THC that is harmless to us.

its all in the purge

using refined butane and proven methods to purge and your "concretes" or "absolutes" and they will be safe for consumption

this thread shows a fantastic butane extraction process for smaller runs

get your note books out and start reading

https://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=168388

I wonder if I should use dried and cured buds or if I should try fresh buds, right off the vine. I have a plant that is mature and ready to harvest.

Anyone ever use fresh bud for this?

I wonder if I should use dried and cured buds or if I should try fresh buds, right off the vine. I have a plant that is mature and ready to harvest.

The thread posted above deals with all of your questions, the op likes to soak his budz in liquid butane for as long as an hr and a half. Greywolf also contrabutes a lot to the thread. Forget those small blasting tubes and have a look see at the thread, go buy a ss thermos flask, its all explained in the thread, with pics ;)

greywolf describes freezing "fresh" buds and using a long wash in a thermos as being the freshest concrete that he or any of the pupils at his research facility/school have ever tasted google skunkpharm. Greywolf was also in May High Times, where Skunk Pharm Research was featured on pages 52 through 60.

dry ice ?
never mind i guess doesnt really strip it cause you get plant matter too

Received it today. Something to be said for quick shipping.

A couple questions come to mind.

What can I use to hold the tube? Is an oven mitt sufficient?

And, how long does it take to empty a 6 oz can of butane?

Thanks

Cool. Thanks. I will probably be trying this tonight. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Being in the Construction field (to a point) I can tell you DO NOT USE PLASTICS when extracting AT ALL.

ABS as well as PVC will break down and add contaminants unseeable to the naked eyes. The supercritical reaction is what causes the break down.

Years back I went to Home De Pot and picked up Stainless Steel (non-coated obviously) Nipples and two caps. Drilled a receiving hole in the "top" cap and a pepper grinder hole pattern in the "bottom" cap. Place paper filter on the inside of the bottom cap and voila, a perfectly safe extractor.

Ideally you'd want an all glass setup.

This plastic claims to be totally safe but if I decide to do more of this, I would definitely get a glass unit.

One more question....

It is 80F outside today. The butane is going to evaporate pretty fast. Do you think I still need the pan of warm water under the glass collection plate to aid in evaporation?

Hackerman, I am anxiously waiting to hear how it all goes. Your question about the temps is interesting--temps are in the low 100s and high 90s here.

Bobkat, I will check out the video, thanks.

Hackerman, you don't need warm water with that outside temp, just let it sit somewhere clean so no crap can get in it. If you are going to vacuum purge it don't let it get too stiff or you may have to heat it up a bit to scrape it off easily. I left my bho in the sun too long it turned hard so I had to re-heat it to get it off the plate I was using.

Cool, thanks. Maybe I can put a screen over it while it evaporates. I'll be watching it closely.

Latest posts

Back