Thinking about buying this BHO Extractor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221272465126?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I just want to try this out. I may stick with it and I may not. I am hoping this is a good trial size.

It's 14 gram size is about as small as they get. How much oil will I get from a batch this size? I know it depends on the quality but if I knew a range, at least....

It's not worth the trouble if this is going to make enough for 2 hits. If it made a gram at a time, it would be a nice trial size.

How much butane would I run through a batch this size? All the videos I saw, they used the entire can. But their extractor was always way, way bigger.

My cans of butane are pretty big. Almost 6 ounces.

Any tips or tricks or recommendations on that extractor are appreciated. ;)

never seen anything like it---imo if u want to give it a trial---go to a high end kitchen suppy store like william sonoma and pick up a stainless steel turkey baster

Their baster is $30. LOL This outfit, with 10 screens and a "tool free" clamp [LOL] is only $15. $15 isn't even real money. It's a tip. LOL I just don't want to waste the time (and take the risk) for a couple hits.

I am really really set on doing this without blowing myself up so I figure starting small might be a good idea. LOL

Never seen anything like it.

But after looking at it, I think this is a case of, you get what you pay for. 3 for $15. I am thinking junk.

This is just like every other extractor. They are all the same except for different sizes. Some are metal and some are glass but they are all just about the same in design from what I have seen. I am more concerned about how much it will make in a single run.

I am thinking somewhere around 1/2 gram.

I am thinking somewhere around 1/2 gram.

Is this pretty much what someone can expect....about 1/2 gram BHO from a 1/2 oz of bud? Are all the BHO extractors like this?

They seems to all have the same concept. One end for the nozzle. The other end is a screen. Pretty basic stuff.

Size seems to be the biggest difference. If I like the result, I'll get one of those $2500 units and do it right. LOL

Really just interested in trying something new. I plan to construct a "hands free" unit to preclude damage to my person. LOL

My homemade bho extractor, use abs not pvc if you make one. I get a good gram of bho out of it. It is 1.5" dia., 7.5" long. Here are some estimates.
1oz high quality 12oz butane needed 3-6g expected yield
1oz average 10oz butane 2-4g yield
1oz low grade(schwag) 9oz butane 2-3g yield
1oz high quality trim 12oz butane 3-5g
1oz trim and leaves 10oz butane 2-5g
1oz fan leaves 8oz butane 1-2g

Some materials you can use to make it and some not to.
glass--A
304 stainless steel -- A
316 stainless steel -- A
ABS plastic -- B-Good
Aluminum -- A-Excellent
Brass -- N/A
Bronze -- C-Fair
Buna N (Nitrile) -- A-Excellent
Carbon graphite -- A-Excellent
Carbon Steel -- A-Excellent
Carpenter 20 -- A-Excellent
Cast iron -- N/A
Ceramic Al203 -- N/A
Ceramic magnet -- N/A
ChemRaz (FFKM) -- A-Excellent
Copper -- C-Fair
CPVC -- C-Fair
EPDM -- D-Severe Effect
Epoxy -- A-Excellent
Fluorocarbon (FKM) -- A-Excellent
Hastelloy-Cr -- A-Excellent
Hypalonr -- B-Good
Hytrelr -- N/A
Kalrez -- A-Excellent
Kel-Fr -- A-Excellent
LDPE -- C-Fair
Natural rubber -- D-Severe Effect
Neoprene -- A-Excellent
NORYLr -- D-Severe Effect
Nylon -- A-Excellent
Polycarbonate -- D-Severe Effect
Polyetherether Ketone (PEEK) -- A-Excellent
Polypropylene -- A-Excellent
Polyurethane -- D-Severe Effect
PPS (Ryton�) -- A-Excellent
PTFE -- A-Excellent
PVC -- C-Fair
PVDF (Kynar�) -- A-Excellent
Silicone -- D-Severe Effect
Titanium -- A-Excellent
Tygonr -- C-Fair
Vitonr -- A-Excellent
View attachment 001 (640x427).jpg

MR1--Curious the difference between the PVC and the ABS--as a plumber, I really would think that the butane would react more with the ABS than the PVC as ABS is a solvent weld pipe and PVC is a glue pipe. That actually looks like gray (electrical) PVC with PVC caps. I'm trying to think if I have ever seen 1-1/2" threaded ABS and wonder about what the applications would be.....other than making things like a BHO extractor.....

Thanks for the info.

So, according to that, it looks like I put the entire 6 oz can of butane through for 1/2 ounce of pot.

abs pvc---both will purge residual plastics/chemicals into ur bho due to the extreme low temps created by the butane---that is why blasters are made from glass---stainless steel is supposed second best to glass

THG, your right about it being pvc, I don't use it any more since I learned about the pvc. I could not find the abs in 1 1/2 '', that is why I used pvc (bad). I will have to see what other sizes they have. THG, you may be right about the abs, pvc, I guess it depends whether butane is a solvent, I don't know, I have just read not to use pvc.
Hackerman, I always used the full 6 oz can.

The one I bought says this...

100% Leach Free Unit
100% BPA free unit
100% Petrolium free unit
100% EA free
100% Compatible with butane

This unit is reistant to chemical solvents,bases and acids.

Lab grade thermoplastic polymer.

Used in place of glass in professional labs across the country.

Virtually unbreakable. It can fall from any table onto any surface. You can drop it on garage floors. You can run it through the dishwasher, autoclave it if you want. You can use a screwdriver carelessly. You can chuck it in a drawer with no worries. It just won't break. If you think you didn't get a $14.99 value out of it you can return it for a full refund. No questions asked.

The one I bought says this...

100% Leach Free Unit
100% BPA free unit
100% Petrolium free unit
100% EA free
100% Compatible with butane

This unit is reistant to chemical solvents,bases and acids.

Lab grade thermoplastic polymer.

Used in place of glass in professional labs across the country.

Virtually unbreakable. It can fall from any table onto any surface. You can drop it on garage floors. You can run it through the dishwasher, autoclave it if you want. You can use a screwdriver carelessly. You can chuck it in a drawer with no worries. It just won't break. If you think you didn't get a $14.99 value out of it you can return it for a full refund. No questions asked.

lmao---u sound like a sales rep for this extractor

2 most important safety things to remember

1. ALWAYS BLAST BUTANE IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA---PREFERABLY OUTSIDE AND AWAY FROM ANY AND ALL IGNITION SOURCES SUCH AS A LIT CIGARETTE, PILOT LIGHT ETC...

2. KEEP THAT BLASTED BHO AWAY FROM ALL OPEN FLAME UNTIL IT STOPS VISIBLY EVAPORATING/BUBBLING

Thanks for the info guys. I would be kind of leery about using either PVC or ABS.

LOL orange, I think Hackerman just pasted and copied the info from the person selling those, so I guess it should sound like a sales rep. I have always been a bit afraid of masking BHO, but I can certainly find many places with no flames or combustion source. Any other words of wisdom?

Hackerman, let us know how it works. I think I may be willing to gamble $15.

nice to have a fire extinguisher at hand too

whenever u ready to run it thg i be there for u

I am planning to use a bar clamp to make a setup where I can press the butane and walk away. I'll do it outside with a fan. And, a fire extinguisher. And a bunch of bong hits and maybe a beer or two.

If that's not an equation for an explosion, I don't know what is. LOL

Thanks for the info guys. I would be kind of leery about using either PVC or ABS.

LOL orange, I think Hackerman just pasted and copied the info from the person selling those, so I guess it should sound like a sales rep. I have always been a bit afraid of masking BHO, but I can certainly find many places with no flames or combustion source. Any other words of wisdom?

Hackerman, let us know how it works. I think I may be willing to gamble $15.

What do you do? I know you don't just smoke. I'm sure you do water hash (bubble hash). I'll bet you don't like ISO hash. Something about smoking ISO that just doesn't appeal to me (and, I'll bet you).

I'm not real thrilled about smoking the by-product of butane, either, to be honest.

We need to find an inert product that strips TCH from cannabis.

Glass for the win
ss if you cant get glass blow tubes

Plastic PVC ABS NEVER NEVER NEVER

do some research people

Latest posts

Back