Thinking about led

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john a ward

Reaction score
I know nothing about leda. In looking at the king 3000. I havent grown for a few years. I know very little about leds. I would like opinions on this light and others in this price range. I had a stroke that left me parcially blind and hard for me to read. Would like to get your opinion so i have a good place to start more research.

I have a king 1200 that works well for me and is going strong after 25 months of use. Not sure about the 3000. A couple of people on here had some quality issues with king leds(differing color mainly I think). There is a thread started by zigggy a couple of days ago where there are pro and con opinions. Just looked at Amazon and king leds website. You could get 2 1500’s for $270. I wonder if you might get more even lighting with 2 lights vs 1. I think you save on power consumption that way too.

You will find people here like the King LEDs. Im the one Oldfogey speaks of about the lights with varying color. I have 3 and each is a different color; blue, red and blurple. However I am very happy with them all. One went to a veg tent anther to a flower tent and the 3rd just floats around to what ever tent needs the extra light. For the price, I have no complaints.

I'm on my 2nd grow using king lights.
I'm Very happy with them both but they Do give off different colors. Both seem to work great tho so I'm happy.

Just looked at the specs of the King 3000. Coverage area is 7.8ft x 8 ft. The thing that worries me is the suggested distance above plants is 4.5 ft to 5.5 ft. You would need a really tall tent or a custom grow room. For 5 bucks more you could get two King 1500's and probably get better coverage with less ceiling height needed. I have a King 1200 and a King 1500. Love them both but I wish I had gotten another 1500 instead of the 1200.

I have a king 1200 that works well for me and is going strong after 25 months of use. Not sure about the 3000. A couple of people on here had some quality issues with king leds(differing color mainly I think). There is a thread started by zigggy a couple of days ago where there are pro and con opinions. Just looked at Amazon and king leds website. You could get 2 1500’s for $270. I wonder if you might get more even lighting with 2 lights vs 1. I think you save on power consumption that way too.

The 1500's look like they are up to 155.00 per light now. Still a great dal.

I agree with the above about getting two 1500's over one 3000. That way you can turn one off when you're starting new plants and dont need or want the extra light. It will also allow you to get better coverage in your grow space.

The 1500's look like they are up to 155.00 per light now. Still a great dal.
yep. i looked on the king led site and they are still $135 each with free shipping. i think amazon switched it or had it listed wrong because for a while it was the same price as the 1200. but i think going with amazon is a little safer. big company less likely to screw you over.

yep. i looked on the king led site and they are still $135 each with free shipping. i think amazon switched it or had it listed wrong because for a while it was the same price as the 1200. but i think going with amazon is a little safer. big company less likely to screw you over.

I use Amazon quite often because I have Prime and 2 day shipping for free rocks.

Hey John what's up ? Hey just something to thing about in regards to King LEDs. They are out of China. so if anything goes wrong with your light it will take awhile to get what you need to fix it. And it will cost you for freight. Also they do not take c/c, they will only accept PayPal. I have a 1600 w led and a third of the leds went out after two years of use.
It was still under warranty, they said they would send me what I needed to fix it but I had to pay the freight. Well I have never used PayPal before so I did some research. And I was not happy with their program. Because you have NO recourse if they lose your money. So I still have a broken led.
I must say it did work very well. And for only 150 bucks. And I got about 8 grows out of it. So I got my money out of it. I also agree with 2 lights are better than 1.
Also another thing to thing about is the coverage. You need to know with LEDs that once the coverage goes past the fixture of the light the par drops a lot. So they might state their coverage is 7' x 8 ', which it will be. But at 2 ' away from the fixture it will only be throwing out about half the Par. If that. So in other words what you have growing at that 2' away from the fixture will only get half as big and so on when you get further away from the fixture. Good Luck Bro.

Is this King company the same one that makes the power tools ?

Want to thank you for giving me some some things to look at when doing research

I use Amazon quite often because I have Prime and 2 day shipping for free rocks.
during christmas season, we have deliveries every day sometimes from the holy trinity of shippers(fedex, ups and usps) in addition to people who rent vans for overflow shipments. free shipping and having what i want in 2 days does rock...

during christmas season, we have deliveries every day sometimes from the holy trinity of shippers(fedex, ups and usps) in addition to people who rent vans for overflow shipments. free shipping and having what i want in 2 days does rock...

I am a UPS Driver, I know all too well about the Xmas season. I usually work 14 hour days the entire month of December.

you probably hate people like me. sorry...

you probably hate people like me. sorry...

No. It is job security. :) I do hate people who buy everything, even groceries online. I had a 40lb box from Walmart break open and there was like 25 cans of food and veggies in it.

I don’t do prime pantry. Did one time and all the items got coated in laundry detergent because the cap wasn’t screwed on tight. Not worth the hassle.

Sorry to hijack this thread @john a ward. I will stop now...

Latest posts

Back