thinking of forcing flowering now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rastagal

Reaction score
the plant is over 61/2 wks old aprrx, and its over 1 foot in height, so Im thinking of switching lights from 24/0 to 12/12
does anyone have any tips or advice ? thanks

your plant is only 1 foot after 6 1/2 weeks?!? what light do you have on it?

calm down calm down LOL yes, small I know, but so is my set up. Its a stelath grow in a wardrobe. Light is 12w envirolite, thats the best I can do. Plant is very green lush and healthy looking though. So i hear I can put it to flower, do you not agree?

thanks

Rastagal

hey now , mine is 5 weeks and its not even that yet iwill measure later but its appr. 10 inches and real bushy but im using a 400hps ,now youre making me wonder what im doing wrong .well they did have yellow spots on them and i think it may have been an over nute problem cause there diminishing now after flushing every day for a week and alternating back to floresents cause i thought it couldve been light burn at the time too. hey rasta dont feel bad about your light buddy i couldntve got my lights without help my 4 way ballast for my floresence was given to me . i bought the 4 grow bulbs for it .my 150 i had my buddy let me borrow then when he saw what i was up to he took it back for same reason . then on my 400hps i first bought for $99 then when i recieved it it was only the ballast inghniter and capasiter and was missing the bulb and something else i think .im not electrician i know enough though that it didnt come with a ballast so i sent it back they said theyll exchange it for me well when i came back they wanted $159 plus tax i did not have it so a good friend that gave me a ride over that i was already running around with that day payed for it for me .so i was fortunate enogh to get my hps which sounds like it isnt working as good as youre 12 watter .so you go boy. or girl

Rastagal said:
calm down calm down LOL yes, small I know, but so is my set up. Its a stelath grow in a wardrobe. Light is 12w envirolite, thats the best I can do. Plant is very green lush and healthy looking though. So i hear I can put it to flower, do you not agree?

thanks

Rastagal

You can put a plant into flowering after a week of Veg. if you want. Alot of people who use the Sea Of Green method will get a clone to root, veg for a few days then switch right to flower. It all depends on how big you want your plant to be before you switch the lights. I say go for it the sooner you flower the sooner you can enjoy the fruits of you labor.

yeah Im going to do it really soon< i want to harvest by valentines day:)

do you know how long the flower period is on your strain? I would Switch the lights now because even if they finish early you'll want time to dry and cure it. Good luck!

FrostyNugz420 said:
You can put a plant into flowering after a week of Veg. if you want. Alot of people who use the Sea Of Green method will get a clone to root, veg for a few days then switch right to flower. It all depends on how big you want your plant to be before you switch the lights. I say go for it the sooner you flower the sooner you can enjoy the fruits of you labor.

A plant from seed and a cutting are far far different to flower. The clone, having came from a sexually mature plant, is ready to flower. A plant from seed is nowhere near sexually mature, and ready to flower. Sexually maturity is established by either/or alternate nodes or pre-flowers. Flowering before maturity is reached, greatly reduces the final yeild and, IMHO, quality.

Now, if you plan to flower with 12 watts,
00000066.gif
I doubt sexual maturity is going to effect your yeild significantly.

Rastagirl, if you get even a small small 50-watt HPS, you'll triple your yield.
These are often sold as "outdoor security lights" in the U.S. and are cheap, like $50.00US or thereabouts.

hi all, sorry about the earlier misspelling i actually meant 125w! not 12w, I didnt notie until I read through the thread again.
I think, i'll have to double check, but i think its a flower period of 7-7 weeks.
So yeah, I guess allowing for curing and everything.
By the way, whats the shortest possible curing time? Would a weeks drying be enough?

thanks for all the help and suggestions. its really appreciated

peace,

Rastagal

hi all, sorry about the earlier misspelling i actually meant 125w! not 12w, I didnt notie until I read through the thread again.
I think, i'll have to double check, but i think its a flower period of 7-7 weeks.
So yeah, I guess allowing for curing and everything.
By the way, whats the shortest possible curing time? Would a weeks drying be enough?

thanks for all the help and suggestions. its really appreciated

peace,

Rastagal

Cut the buds off the branches and manicure, then put them in a paper bag and fold the top.
Keep in a cool dry area. Once a day, open the bag and gently "comb" the buds with your fingers.
When they are almost dry enough to smoke, transfer to a tight-sealing container.
Every day remove the lid of the container for 5 minutes.
How long a period of curing is "enough" is up to you. The longer the better. Min. is usually 2 weeks.
But if this is your first grow I wouldn't be too concerned with the cure if you're out of smoke and you don't have many budz.

thanks Ganja, yeah its my first time so I know i'll be raring to go and fire it up:)

by the way I was also thinking of bending it over slighty to let the light filter down, but Im nervous of disturbing the plant at this stage. I was thinking of tying a fishing weight to the main stem and bending it over slightly. what you think?

My girls love a li'l bondage ;)

Bending her over and training throughout the first 2-3 weeks(the stretch) is an excellent improve your yield, by allowing more light distribution. Pull her over and tie her down. You won't hurt her a bit.
I agree with gg, also. An hps would definately be a huge improvement. Though your 125 has served you well in veg, it simply doesn't have the intensity needed to produce compact dense nuggets like a hps.

thanks Hick .dont we all like a lil light bondage :)
Id love to get the better light I really would, but it really is a stealth grow. I have to keep it on the DL, so I think the kind of light you are talking about might be too bright, and too expensive and show up too much on lecky bill.
I'll do the tying over tho. SHould I tie to one side for a few weeks, then bend it opposite way?

You're's look the business:)

Im off to do some maintenence now, I hope to get a pic on here later. Thanks a million for all the help :)

rasty, rasty, rasty....you're now running 125 watts, we're talking running 50-75 watts. But wait, I'll bet the "enviro-light" is only rated at 125 w, not actually drawing 125. Still, a 50 watt hps consumes 1/2 the useage of a common everyday, in every socket in the house, 100 watt incandecsent, or your pc monitor. Absolutely un-detectable on the 'leccy bill.
But you would prolly need to upgrade ventilation to cool the hps, which could jepordize your stealth, somewhat.

SHould I tie to one side for a few weeks, then bend it opposite way?
Nope, tie her down and let her stretch. As she rapidly increases in size over the next few weeks, train each branch out away from the meristem. Try to keep them relatively even at the canopy, so your light is distributed evenly over as much of the plant as possible.

I just checked the flower period with Dutch passion seeds, they say the flowering period is 7 weeks.
its a skunk /indica. In pictures the flowers look purple.

Latest posts

Back