Thinking of moving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I have too much overhead in south florida. I am looking to purchase 10 plus acres in northern florida with my family and my brothers family. We would place 2 new modular homes on the property, 1 for each family. Then I would build a garage/shop to do my metal work and that would get me out of $3000/month in payments for the shop and utilities.
I would also not have a mortgage on my house wither since I would be selling to purchase the modular home.
Question is regarding septic, well and power. Can i run 2 modular homes off 1 electrical service? Would I need to find 2 5 acre lots with 2 services, or would 1 10 acre lot with 1 service suffice? Also, regarding the well and septic. Would I run into anything in those regards?
Thanks.

Nope, one service per bldg…zoning changes everywhere, speak to county before making plans…you can share a well but I don’t thing a septic can be… check and see if you need a lift station for your drainfield cause that adds a lot of money to the job

Nope, one service per bldg…zoning changes everywhere, speak to county before making plans…you can share a well but I don’t thing a septic can be… check and see if you need a lift station for your drainfield cause that adds a lot of money to the job
Ok, so 1 electrical service per modular....what if I put a shop on the property and need to run 3 phase for welding equipment?

I dated a female veterinarian ( from birth, "Bubba straight" in best Mongo voice) who lived in the middle of nowhere Kansas.

She had some unit out in her yard, she said it wasn't a septic tank, it was more like a mini water treatment plant. I have no idea what it was.

Bubba

Check with your county and township. Sometimes townships have their own set of rules. At least they do up here.

I can't see you getting a third service for the barn/garage. I never did. The electric provider could tell you what you can and can't do, too.

Check with your county and township. Sometimes townships have their own set of rules. At least they do up here.

I can't see you getting a third service for the barn/garage. I never did. The electric provider could tell you what you can and can't do, too.
We had a light pole installed for cheap on our property in Ga which provided light by the barn and they let us hook up to it to supply the barn too. Our electric company provided the service. They didn’t charge to put the pole up but there was a minimum charge for the electricity it pulled. It wasn’t much as I remember per month maybe a few dollars.

I dated a female veterinarian ( from birth, "Bubba straight" in best Mongo voice) who lived in the middle of nowhere Kansas.

She had some unit out in her yard, she said it wasn't a septic tank, it was more like a mini water treatment plant. I have no idea what it was.

Bubba

it was a Kansas lagoon…..tins

they are all over the kansas countryside

61C7D538-9888-49D7-BCD0-8DD6E5DAEC0A.jpeg
countryside

What is a lagoon?​

A lagoon is a small pond that receives wastewater from a home for treatment. The lagoon is three to five feet in depth and the size is determined by the number of bedrooms in a home. A lagoon works to treat domestic sewage by a biological process.

How does a lagoon work?​

The sewage from the home enters the lagoon on the bottom. The solids stay on the bottom and become sludge. Algae, a microscopic plant that lives in the lagoon, works with carbon dioxide and sunlight to produce oxygen. Other microorganisms use this oxygen to digest the sewage. This is why sunlight and good wind action are essential for a lagoon to work properly. Trees must be cleared around a lagoon for this reason. The lagoon should also be mowed frequently to make sure the lagoon gets plenty of sun and wind.

View attachment 326361countryside

What is a lagoon?​

A lagoon is a small pond that receives wastewater from a home for treatment. The lagoon is three to five feet in depth and the size is determined by the number of bedrooms in a home. A lagoon works to treat domestic sewage by a biological process.

How does a lagoon work?​

The sewage from the home enters the lagoon on the bottom. The solids stay on the bottom and become sludge. Algae, a microscopic plant that lives in the lagoon, works with carbon dioxide and sunlight to produce oxygen. Other microorganisms use this oxygen to digest the sewage. This is why sunlight and good wind action are essential for a lagoon to work properly. Trees must be cleared around a lagoon for this reason. The lagoon should also be mowed frequently to make sure the lagoon gets plenty of sun and wind.
a pool and a septic in 1!

View attachment 326361countryside

What is a lagoon?​

How does a lagoon work?​

No, no lagoon. Just a metal service looking box in the yard. No drain field and no lagoon. It was a self contained unit in the ground with box above I guess. She referred to it as a "mini water treatment plant.

Bubba

No, no lagoon. Just a metal service looking box in the yard. No drain field and no lagoon. It was a self contained unit in the ground with box above I guess. She referred to it as a "mini water treatment plant.

Bubba
Oh they are coming
Ask Joe soon where he lives no longer will one be able just to have a cesspool that leaches directly into the ground
1682863248844.png

You need here a not cheap set up . No more just a cesspools and over flow.
We have sewage districts on the south shore and most complexes have sewage treatment plants.
When I was a younger electrician I had worked in sewage treatment plants and always knew when corn was on sale.....

I worked on a couple. All ran by the Army Corps of Engineers. Pain in the royal ass. There's a right way, a wrong way, and the Army way.

30-40K is probably what it would cost now a days to have a seepage field put in. Crazy.

I have too much overhead in south florida. I am looking to purchase 10 plus acres in northern florida with my family and my brothers family. We would place 2 new modular homes on the property, 1 for each family. Then I would build a garage/shop to do my metal work and that would get me out of $3000/month in payments for the shop and utilities.
I would also not have a mortgage on my house wither since I would be selling to purchase the modular home.
Question is regarding septic, well and power. Can i run 2 modular homes off 1 electrical service? Would I need to find 2 5 acre lots with 2 services, or would 1 10 acre lot with 1 service suffice? Also, regarding the well and septic. Would I run into anything in those regards?
Thanks.
Not sure about the Septic that's based on number of bedrooms. A Deep well would not be a problem. As for the electric our daughter moved a trailer onto our property and we connected her to our meter. This is in Virginia.

Not sure about the Septic that's based on number of bedrooms. A Deep well would not be a problem. As for the electric our daughter moved a trailer onto our property and we connected her to our meter. This is in Virginia.
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back