Third Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMarty

Reaction score
This is my third grow. Must be getting a little better, because these were pretty sweet to grow and are almost ready to harvest. I have one Blueberry Auto, one Gorilla Glue #4 Auto, and one Critical Purple Auto. These were grown in Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil, and used all Advanced Nutrients on this grow. What do you guys think of these beginner plants. The one weird thing is these Blueberry and Gorilla glue were supposed to go from seed to harvest in 9 Weeks, and I'm at 11 weeks right now and think I got a couple of weeks to go. Like they were dragging their feet. I read a post where someone said they had one of these Blueberry Autos go 12 Weeks?

Attachments

• Bluberry Auto Week 11 12-14-2022.jpg
    Bluberry Auto Week 11 12-14-2022.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Critical Purple week 11 2 Main Colas 12-14-2022-1.jpg
    Critical Purple week 11 2 Main Colas 12-14-2022-1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Critical Purple week11  2 Main Colas 12-14-2022-2.jpg
    Critical Purple week11 2 Main Colas 12-14-2022-2.jpg
  • Bluberry Auto Week 11 12-14-2022.jpg
    Bluberry Auto Week 11 12-14-2022.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Critical Purple week11  2 Main Colas 12-14-2022-2.jpg
    Critical Purple week11 2 Main Colas 12-14-2022-2.jpg
By the look of the second photo I see a lot of white pistils still. I would wait a while before harvesting.

Just about another week here and it will be done, and on the drying wrack.
have you used a scope to check your trichomes...seems a bit early to chop but from where I sit I can't see them all that well...

Yes I have been watching the Trichomes with a microscope. The Blueberry will be the first of these three plants to be harvested. Right now all Trichomes look to be Bright White, and don't see almost no Amber. I guess I'll wait until I get 20% Amber, and then pull it. Thanks.

Attachments

• BB Trichomes 12-17-2022-2.jpg
    BB Trichomes 12-17-2022-2.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 0
  • BB Trichomes 12-17-2022-1.jpg
    BB Trichomes 12-17-2022-1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 0
I tried Advanced Nutrients on my outdoor potted plants this last summer and fall. I think following their ratios(equal amounts of grow, bloom and micro)gives the plants too much nitrogen during flower. My theory is my plants continued to veg a little even during their flowering stage so ripening was delayed. I am not certain how reducing the grow component will affect pH if you are using their pH perfect line so I hesitate to make a wild ass guess as to how much to reduce the grow component. It is just a theory of mine.

I tried Advanced Nutrients on my outdoor potted plants this last summer and fall. I think following their ratios(equal amounts of grow, bloom and micro)gives the plants too much nitrogen during flower. My theory is my plants continued to veg a little even during their flowering stage so ripening was delayed. I am not certain how reducing the grow component will affect pH if you are using their pH perfect line so I hesitate to make a wild ass guess as to how much to reduce the grow component. It is just a theory of mine.
Thanks for your response oldfogey8. I have no clue what this perfect PH is supposed to mean? I always adjust my PH just before watering my plants. Very rarely is my PH perfect without a little adjustment. On this grow I'm looking for a little help with perfect time to harvest. First off this was a Blueberry Auto which was supposed to take 8, to 9 Weeks from sprout to Harvest. This plant is at 13 Weeks as of today. It's dragging it's feet forever, but looks close. I attached some pictures of the Trichomes under a Microscope. Anybody's educated guess is welcomed.

Attachments

• BB Trichomes 12-27-2022-1.jpg
    BB Trichomes 12-27-2022-1.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 0
  • BB Trichomes 12-27-2022-2.jpg
    BB Trichomes 12-27-2022-2.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 0
  • BB Trichomes 12-27-2022-3.jpg
    BB Trichomes 12-27-2022-3.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 0
  • BB Trichomes 12-27-2022-4.jpg
    BB Trichomes 12-27-2022-4.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 0
This is my third grow. Must be getting a little better, because these were pretty sweet to grow and are almost ready to harvest. I have one Blueberry Auto, one Gorilla Glue #4 Auto, and one Critical Purple Auto. These were grown in Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil, and used all Advanced Nutrients on this grow. What do you guys think of these beginner plants. The one weird thing is these Blueberry and Gorilla glue were supposed to go from seed to harvest in 9 Weeks, and I'm at 11 weeks right now and think I got a couple of weeks to go. Like they were dragging their feet. I read a post where someone said they had one of these Blueberry Autos go 12 Weeks?
I use the same soil but used the fox farms trio. Fox farms is great. I used advanced nutrients last year. The dirrections were confusing. Fox farms has directions for every growing medium. They are clear and precise.
The info they give you on grow times is an average. Kind of a guide. Your location and where you plant even growing medium can impact your grow time. I just keep taking pics once a week until when blown up the crystals are all milky white and maybe a few just turning amber. When the majority are milky white I start taking pics every day or two. I do not want then to go over. I need the thc for medicine.

Latest posts

Back