Thirsty girl…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgutta420

Reaction score
I’m at where I’m at and I’ll be where I be
I’m using the DWC method in a 5 gallon bucket and she’s drinking 2+ gallons of water every 3 or so days. Is this normal? Never grown hydro before. Since she’s drinking so much water I’m also assuming she’s going through the nutes in that time frame as well so I’m topping off and re-adding nutes every few days. I’m adding nutes based on the top off amount and not the entire 5 gallons. Don’t want to overdose her. Just seems crazy to me that she is so damn thirsty. I’m in either week 3 or 5 of flowering (depending on when you start counting) and she is just greedy…her stomatas must be working overtime 😵‍💫😅

The plant is drinking some, and some is going into the air to humidify your house.
I thought about evaporation but it’s an all black bucket with a white lid and foil around the holes where the plant and the air hose are so I have zero light leakage. Learned that the hard way when I started developing algae on the lid. Humidity is only in the upper 30’s to low 40’s in my tent. Wouldn’t it be much higher if I was getting that much evaporation.

Maybe/probably. I used to have a 130 gallon aquarium setup. It would drop 5 gallons a week during the winter time. It wasn't leaking.

Latest posts

Back