Thirsty Girl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
Anything to worry about if one of five of my girls is extra thirsty? Noticed the other day when checking if they needed water that one plant was super light compared to the others. I gave her a drink of plain ph water and gave the others a sip too. Today I noticed she is super light again unlike the rest of the group that could actually go an extra day or two. I plan to give them all some flower juice today along with molasses and cal mag bit was wondering what the heck is going on. They are all from the same seed order and are one of two strains but only this one plant has a drinking problem…maybe she’s taking after me 😊 I failed to mention that they are all starting their 6th week of flower and are all in 7 gallon pots. I usually only water enough to just start seeing the bottom pan wet and don’t allow a bunch of runoff.

Could be dry spots. Do you water slowly?

good question

i have experienced this a few times and sometimes I thought it was something to do with the soil , we used 5 gallon buckets and ProMix , and sometimes I thought it was the plant , or a combination of both

either way , lighter is waaaay better than heavy

Could be dry spots. Do you water slowly?
Yes I use a battery power fuel transfer pump and had given equal amounts to each plant up until this point. The plant is also a bit taller than the rest. I guess I will continue to give her an extra sip in between my regular waterings. Gonna try to drop a picture. She’s the tall one in the back
6005594B-52CB-4B66-8FB0-462A3D4A775C.jpeg
corner. I call her my wallflower

Yes I use a battery power fuel transfer pump and had given equal amounts to each plant up until this point. The plant is also a bit taller than the rest. I guess I will continue to give her an extra sip in between my regular waterings. Gonna try to drop a picture. She’s the tall one in the back View attachment 284927corner. I call her my wallflower

the big one in the back eh….and she drinks more than the others eh…

now that is funny

your plants look super happy!

the big one in the back eh….and she drinks more than the others eh…

now that is funny

your plants look super happy!
Ha Ha Come to think of it, she’s a lot like me… the big girl in the back drinking more than the other girls and she probably eating more sweets than the others too…
I gave her some flower juice today and some more sweets too. the Buds on the shorter plants are a lot thicker so I’m hoping she will beef up a little more within the next couple weeks.

Yes I use a battery power fuel transfer pump and had given equal amounts to each plant up until this point. The plant is also a bit taller than the rest. I guess I will continue to give her an extra sip in between my regular waterings. Gonna try to drop a picture. She’s the tall one in the back View attachment 284927corner. I call her my wallflower
You mention using molasses, how do you apply and how much for each plant?

You mention using molasses, how do you apply and how much for each plant?
I add 1 big tablespoon to each gal of water during the flower cycle. I added it with my nutes when it was feeding time and to my ph water when I’m just doing water. I started when I first went into flower. My plants seem to like it. I just started 7 weeks flower today and my buds are beefing up real nice. Don’t know if it was the molasses but maybe it helped. I have to add that this is my first grow so you may want to ask some of the experts what they think. Good luck with your garden. I can tell you that the molasses won’t hurt your plants in the flower stage if you want to give them a little sip even if you go half strength. Girls love sugar 😊

Girls don't love sugar, the beneficial organisms in your soil do. Do you have "beneficial organisms" in your soil? If the manufacturer did it will be plastered all over the bag. Or you added them. These organisms are said to greatly aid the roots in taking up nutrients.

Things like molasses, Carboload, Budcandy etc, these carbs also increase "Brix" levels, something I don't understand, but I do know growers of wine grapes use brix levels to indicate health/quality of their crops.

Is your molasses organic? Does it have preservatives? Do preservatives kill these beneficial organisms?

Bubba

a little c&p article on molasses

Pure Blend Naturals is now Canada's top supplier of A grade Organic Blackstrap Molasses for farming, agriculture and gardening.

HOW MOLASSES WORK TO ENRICH YOUR SOIL AND FERTILIZE YOUR PLANTS

Molasses are rich in Carbon and trace minerals that help to promote healthy growth and vitality of good microorganisms in your soil.

It feeds beneficial microorganisms in your soil with carbon energy and carbohydrates. It makes your soil naturally fertility which in turn feed your plants with healthy nutrients.

Molasses stimulates phosphatase bacteria that release phosphate tied up in your soil and make them available to your plants, vegetables, herbs and crops.

Molasses work as an effective chelator to convert nutrients tied up in your soil into rich nutrients your crops, plants and vegetables can take up.

The chelated minerals can be absorbed directly and remain stable and available in the soil.

Molasses contains carbohydrates and micro nutrients such as sulfur, potassium and many other trace minerals .

It is a liquid stimulant that supply balanced and consistent supply of trace minerals which are used as catalysts to produce enzymes that enable critical biochemical transformations thereby yielding healthy crops.

HOW TO USE ORGANIC BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES

HOW TO FERTILIZE YOUR SOIL WITH ORGANIC BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES
You can add between 2-8 litres of molasses to your soil conditioning, starter and foliar solution.

For Indoor use, add 2 tablespoons per 4 Litre (4KG) of water to fertilize your soil.

For 1 Litre of Water, add 1.5 TEASPOONS of Organic Blackstrap Molasses to fertilize your plant.

For larger soils, you can add 2-8 litres of molasses to your spray solution.
Please discard any unused mixture of water and molasses within 8 hours.

It is unwise to leave the solution in your sprayer for more than 8 hours .Microbial inoculant in your sprayer can clog the spray nozzles.

Girls don't love sugar, the beneficial organisms in your soil do. Do you have "beneficial organisms" in your soil? If the manufacturer did it will be plastered all over the bag. Or you added them. These organisms are said to greatly aid the roots in taking up nutrients.

Things like molasses, Carboload, Budcandy etc, these carbs also increase "Brix" levels, something I don't understand, but I do know growers of wine grapes use brix levels to indicate health/quality of their crops.

Is your molasses organic? Does it have preservatives? Do preservatives kill these beneficial organisms?

Bubba
Yes the soil is hungry for the sugar, maybe my girls just love the sweet soil then. I read a little on that and decided to give it a try after reaching out to others who have used it. No it’s not organic as far as I know but no preservatives either. The only ingredient is molasses. It’s unsulphured and the same molasses I use on a hot biscuit hey just noticed NON GMO too.
9AFBF868-A1EB-43EE-9D57-A0F4F059D3BD.jpeg

Latest posts

Back