This guy is my hero..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Dog

femme fatale proud grower
Reaction score
Jessica Peres
More: Bio, News Team

Visalia, Calif. (KFSN) -- As authorities in the South Valley work to shut down medical marijuana distribution centers-- one owner is refusing to close down.

Two years ago, aids patient Teresa Douthit's 5-foot-8 frame got down to a scary 113-pounds & and because of the side effects from her HIV medication, she deals with constant kidney and liver problems.
Teresa Douthit said, "I can't take aspirin and vicodin some of the pain medications that you normally would take. I can take some of the stronger ones but I don't want to be all looped up on oxycontin."
Douthit smokes medicinal marijuana to ease her pain and regain her appetite. She says this lets her lead a normal life and she's upset the county has decided to shut down all medical marijuana distributors in its jurisdiction until the state and federal governments agree on the issue.
"I personally don't want to be out on the street trying to buy it illegally," said Douthit.
By Sunday, most medical marijuana distributors in the county's jurisdiction were shut down because of the county's new ordinance passed last month. But a defiant Jeff Nunes is keeping his doors open, even though doing so could lead to criminal charges. The owner of Visalia Compassionate care says he has more than 400 chronically ill patients who need medical marijuana.
Nunes said, "If there's interruption of medical treatment with these patients I mean this is affecting the day to day life of thousands of people in our community and it's because of a decision without any medical evaluators."
The sheriff's office says it's in no hurry to arrest dispensary owners, but it also won't let them stay open forever.
Sgt. Chris Douglass said, "That's a possibility since it isn't compliant with all the federal laws so that is a possibility but we hope it doesn't have to come to that."
The Sheriff's office will be checking on the medical marijuana distributors over the next few weeks to make sure they are shut down.
(Copyright ©2009 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

wow that sucks, not even here in New Mexico with our strict new laws on MMJ can a city or county government override a state law... that really sucks.

that poor woman..it isnt hard enough being ill she has to worry about where her meds will come from...makes me mad.

Some of these ( law makers) need to get sick themselves and have to go and find meds on the street to really understand what the distribution centers are for.

The politicians who fight tooth and nail to drag us back to the 50's are'nt against medical marijuana. No matter what science shows they don't believe there are any medical benifits. They only see the evil weed marijuana, and medical dispenceries are not providers, they are dealers.
2Dog, you certainly hit the nail on the head, this guy's action on behalf of people in need, truly are heroic. If this dispencery closes many of these people would be in a tough spot. As the woman in the article says she'd have to get hers on the street, leaving her suseptable to all manner of trouble. Questionable qaulity, availability and possible arrest just to name a few.
At least the cops seem to be more in a wait and see mode. The local cops realize these dispenceries are not criminal enterprises, but they have no choice in enforcement. If a dispencery is dirty, they should be busted.
It makes you wonder how cold hearted someone can be, to look at people in need of medical treatment and say "Tuff, I disapprove ".

cubby you nailed it...more and more of us are growing to avoid the hastles but the people who cant grow...so sad.

thats where we can do our part in helping out 2dog. i have several old friends whom are no longer able to grow. they are sick with cancer...these are guys that would give you the shirt off thier back to help you, and your family any way they could...always been like that...now thier sick...bad sick too...i'm a person that never forgets the people who helped me in hard times...

i have been harvesting since friday...i divvied up 8 ounces just today between 4 people...although they knew this was on the way soon, it was pure joy when it finally arrived this morning...one was so moved he broke tears of joy...thats what it's all about...helping others is good for the soul...

now, were back on track again...every one is happy my way once again...i will continue to grow, and share with my sick friends until they don't want anymore, or thier time comes to go home...

theres many ways you can help out...i could never, ever smoke all i grow anyhow...

i won't go into my beliefs, as many here already know them on selling...imho, any sales is just another term for drug dealer...

got many more to chop, and many more smiles to put on someones face before x-mas...peace all...

irish that is so sweet. I dont know anyone personally whom I could donate to. I do donate to friends in need sometimes. Although they dont know I grow it..so scary now that every article about someone busted starts with police were following a tip...

i can't wait for the first time the cops bust me for growing and distroy my gear.
I am going to sue the living crap out of my city. i knw many cops are here in my town in NM that they don't care about the MMJ law and will chop any garden they find. thats fine, thats where these inflated prices of pot bust can help ya, i will sue for 5k+ for each plant + other losses. i dare them to try to bust me. i am legal.

Personally. We should have someone (or more) in her area that would DONATE to her cause. She's already basically said that she'd help with the bill for grower. Easy, no? Peace out

easy everybody.... Remember we are unstoppable.. keep going keep growing... jails is full of people already.. we already reach where politicians is frustrated and hardly can hide the truth about the cannabis and itself medicines that we intakes daily ... (tokin)
just keep going.. so we will see the day stupid leo/law/governement will pay the price for damaged the plants here my grassy joint.. Im here to help smile..

Latest posts

Back