this is a hood question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy59

Reaction score
I have 2 hoods. 1 is a sunleaves with an 8 inch inlet and the other is a predator with an 8 inch inlet. I was told the predator was ONLY to be used with the 1k bulbs and I want to use a 600. the predator is a hugh arse hood but the question I have is can I not use the predator with the 600? its bigger then a standard hood and angled on all 4 sides not like the sunleaves one. from what I have read here I really see no issues at all. I grow auto strains only right now and they don't really get that tall( 40 inchs or so), and I only need to cover less then a 3.5 square area which would give me my 50 per foot? if not please explain why. thanks in advance.

I have been growing for just over a year now so not a total noob but still close to that. LOL....:yay:

I believe the hoods are universal (as long as the bulb fits). The ballast will have to match up with the bulb but I don't think the hood matters.

Wait for another reply, just in case I'm wrong.

with all those little green squars? ya I am satisfied. LOLOL:laugh:

Those little green squares just mean that I have a sparkling and pleasing personality and that I am pleasant to be around. LMAO Doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about.

Always get 2 opinions. ;)

if the bulb fits the socket and matches the ballast you are golden...

I prefer the 600's too as they are very efficient!

cheers ~

ya think Im gonna just do it. the 1k is a bit hard to control the heat and I don't think the fan I have is pushing enough air over the bulb.

The only problem I can see is if the reflector distributes the light too much for a 600w.

Latest posts

Back