this look ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flymadness

Waiting on 4/20 everyday
Reaction score
hey,
this is my plant after 2 and a halfs weeks since sprouting. wondering if everything looks ok. i have a little bit of purpling on the stems but not A lot and i was wondering if that was normal. and aside from the general look of the plant does it look big enough for me to start using some fert on it? ive been told to get got some fox farm stuff and i will if you guys think its the right time! thanks *crosses fingers in hopes that this is a female*

it is about 10 centimeters tall btw, forgot to mention that

Do you have a ph meter? I have found that its almost a must to have.

Might want to give us some more info...
1. Soil or Hydro?
2. If hydro what type bubble, ebb and flo, etc.?
3. ferts/nutes used? Soil mix?
4. Lighting: Florous, HPS, MH, or mix? wattages?
5. PH if known?
6. What stage of growth?
7. Relative humidity and temp of area if known?
8. Grow area size and ventilation?
9. Any other measurements that may be useful like PPm, EC, CF, etc.?
10. lighting schedule?

1. Soil or Hydro? soil, look at it, lol.
2. If hydro what type bubble, ebb and flo, etc.?
3. ferts/nutes used? Soil mix? reg potting soil
4. Lighting: Florous, HPS, MH, or mix? wattages? florous
5. PH if known? dont know
6. What stage of growth? veg, like i said 2.5 weeks
7. Relative humidity and temp of area if known? roughly 70-75 dont know humi
8. Grow area size and ventilation? small closet grow and one cheap fan for vent
9. Any other measurements that may be useful like PPm, EC, CF, etc.? no idea what that is
10. lighting schedule? 24/0

i was looking at upgrading my lights as well, does this look like an acceptable one? http://www.bustan.ca/product_detail .asp?menuID=4&SID=24&PID=429 and is it a good price? (its in canadian dollars btw) thanks!
i had to space it because the link got cut off! copy and paste, some1 give me an opinion! thanks

From what I know looks you are doing fine, just get a ph tester(cant stress how important that is), temp/humid meter and hope for the best. Have you thought about purchasing a grow guide? Just my .02

I couldn't get that link to work.

NOW is the time to start nutes. Get yourself some Fox Farms if possible; avoid miracle grow products.

is that canadian or american price though? because im a poor man and the conversion would kill me! hahaha, still waiting for my student loans to come in!

That is listed in USD.
I used a converter and the 250W HPS would be about $86 Canadian.
Which I get nervous when a company like the one you posted does not list the watts or lumens. just that it provides

High output lamps have an extremely high lumen per watt rating: -- 92.59 lumens/watt.

but what is the wattage of the lamps????? Why don't they give more specs??

so if they are 40w bulbs than 3700 lumens per bulb(14,800 total lumens). @ about 160watts. (fixture is 130 bucks for 4 bulb fixture) (but what they listed is that initial lumens upon fire up or what is constantly produces?)

A 250W generic HPS bulb puts out about 29,000 initial lumens.

These are things to consider when investing in lighting. IMO

yeah that does sound a bit sketchy. the 250 HPS sounds good, but will the be enough for a plant for the whole life cycle? im too poor to buy a new one down the road

what do you mean by remote ballast, im really not familiar with this type of lighting. you've got the fastest links on the net, lol, know of any to give me a breakdown on how this stuff works? thanks for the help so far by the way, you have been great!

Remote ballast is where you have wires from the ballast to the bulb in a seperate enclosure. These HID floods are all contained in one unit. The reason for a remote ballast is not to have the Heat from the ballast in the grow chamber. The bulb is adding enough heat on its own. If you want to go down this road. I can find a how to guide for you. Just keep in mind that those ballasts will cook your ass if wired wrong.

haha, thanks. i think i will go with that one from inside sun then. thanks a lot once again!

Good choice. The benefit of the 400W is you can get a conversion MH conversion bulb for later down the road. Use the MH for veg and HPS for flower. (just a thought). I don't know if they make a conversion bulb for a 250 or not. might be something to google before purchasing. A lot of people like that 75 buck system though. Good luck, glad I could stear you in the right direction. :)

Mutt said:
Good choice. The benefit of the 400W is you can get a conversion MH conversion bulb for later down the road. Use the MH for veg and HPS for flower. (just a thought). I don't know if they make a conversion bulb for a 250 or not. might be something to google before purchasing. A lot of people like that 75 buck system though. Good luck, glad I could stear you in the right direction. :)

If you have a 250W MH system, you can get the 220w Hortilux HPS Conversion Bulb (25,000 Lumens). I have not seen a 250W HPS->MH Conversion bulb, only the 400w Sunmaster MH Conversion Bulb (36,000 Lumens).

its probably just the camera angle, but it looks like those bottommost fan leaves(the singular ones) are really small, mine were always the biggest then id start getting three fingered leaves, then ited just go from there, hmm, like i said, maybe camera, and those little oval leaves are still green, so its really young(they turn yellow and die off), so, yeah, angels..cameras...

ok, i see, yours has grown a new node, ok, your fine, itll grow hella fast now(the first 2 weeks feel like hell,lol) and wait a week to start ferts, that way to small, and the purpling isnt really bad, but you need to keep the light around 2-3 inches, and check it every 3-4 days to adjust it, and kee the tmperature up, dont let it flucuate, like open a door and its cold out, thatll make a difference, when your plants are cold, they go into dormancy.

Latest posts

Back