Thought this was PH, but....may need to sterilize? Pro mix query.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the BX mix, holds water a bit longer reducing me having to haul water around...

we both get good results Brother and thats what counts

you say tomatoe

i say tomato

yeah , pick yer poison ,

one must strive to bemone with the soil

PRO-MIX HP MYCORRHIZAE​

HP - high porosity
With its high perlite content, PRO-MIX HP provides a great growing environment to growers looking for a significant drainage capacity, increased air porosity and lower water retention. The added benefit of fibrous peat moss and coarse perlite makes this formulation ideal for growers who require a superior-quality product adapted to their needs for watering flexibility and crop seasonality.

PRO-MIX BX​

BX - general purpose
PRO‑MIX BX is the solution for growers seeking to benefit from perlite's drainage and aeration capabilities. Combined with high-quality fibrous peat moss, this formulation is ideal for growers looking for a general purpose medium which creates a well-balanced growing environment.

Run off from the yellowed plants is 6.7 which doesn't strike me off, the water going in was phed to 6.4

Mystery continues, feel like I am wasting seeds.

My grow store now has both seeds and clones.

Bubba
I am not a pH’er so I am not sure but if the solution is going in at 6.4 and coming out at 6.7, that probably means the pH of the soil is higher than 6.7. I don’t know how to square that with pute getting healthy plants with run off of 7 but his results would indicate you are in an on range. Pro Mix for the win. Maybe the soil mix from the manufacturer has changed. Is there a market for Chinese counterfeit soil? 😁

the beauty of ProMix is there are zero nutes

if you can , get the HP with mycorrhiza , you will love it

View attachment 319153
My local hardware store has been out of Pro Mix for months. I used a bunch of it in my veg garden years ago and was surprised by how much is actually packed into a bale(coming from using Roots Organic soil where I was paying for a lot of air-still I like the stuff).

Note to self:get off the pot growing site after smoking a bong hit…

Sometimes my run off gets over 7.0. been that way for years The plants never blink or fade at all. So if they're happy I'm happy.

No, I drench. I get abou15% runoff. And yes adjusting the pH lower will obviously lower your runoff. Again, some say pH at runoff makes no difference...I go by what makes my plants happy.
I think I understand but to clarify, you don't adjust ph of nute/water, that's just how your ph runs?

That 15% run off, it's collected as waste, not pumped to a reservoir, right?

Thanks again, want to make this conversion as smooth as possible!

Bubba

Last edited:

you say tomatoe

i say tomato

yeah , pick yer poison ,

PRO-MIX HP MYCORRHIZAE​

HP - high porosity
With its high perlite content, PRO-MIX HP provides a great growing environment to growers looking for a significant drainage capacity, increased air porosity and lower water retention. The added benefit of fibrous peat moss and coarse perlite makes this formulation ideal for growers who require a superior-quality product adapted to their needs for watering flexibility and crop seasonality.

PRO-MIX BX​

BX - general purpose
PRO‑MIX BX is the solution for growers seeking to benefit from perlite's drainage and aeration capabilities. Combined with high-quality fibrous peat moss, this formulation is ideal for growers looking for a general purpose medium which creates a well-balanced growing environment.
I will likely do the version:

MYCORRHIZAE​

It is at my grow store mainly! I won't be adding the beneficial, so I will get it that way.

I'm going to follow as close as practicable pute's method, adjust to taste once it gets going well. Pretty big change, but I've also been gathering materials for gmo's aero ponic in 27 gallon totes.

The Pro mix will be a little closer to the soil method I am used to. It will be a good lead in if not total replacement of my Ocean Forest method.

Bubba

Still suspect the soil. Two days of 6.2 the "better" group is still green and unclawing. Other ones new growth is very green, but its too late for those.

Bubba

you say tomatoe

i say tomato

yeah , pick yer poison ,

PRO-MIX HP MYCORRHIZAE​

HP - high porosity

PRO-MIX BX​

BX - general purpose
I like the HP. Used it my first inside grow when I was living to Florida. Worked great.

I think I understand but to clarify, you don't adjust ph of nute/water, that's just how your ph runs?

That 15% run off, it's collected as waste, not pumped to a reservoir, right?

Thanks again, want to make this conversation as smooth as possible!

Bubba
I adjust the pH after mixing to around 5. My ph rises over the flower cycle. Don't know why but I have heard this is common. Right now I have one plant (SnowCaine) which is late in flower and my runoff ph's at 7.3. The plant is lush and healthy. 😱 most of the time I keep it at 6.5 or lower. But once in a while it does raise higher.

Been this way for years so I don't give it a second thought. The important thing IMO is the pH going in.

You can panic for me if you want I will sleep well. Maby Big can explain...I can't.

The excess runoff goes down the drain.

On another note...Promix and Sunshine both have nothing in it. Meaning they only get what I give them. Ocean Forest, Happy Frog both have all kinds of s-hit in them. How does on know what you should feed them with nutes/sups already in the medium....

Yes, thats why I went ahead and bought the veg connoisseur A&B stuff too. Promix and sunshine#4 are basically peat moss. No nutes....Glad I dont have to set up a drip thing, your version is very similar to what I do with the soil, water from top and runoff to the drain. Here we go, 10 5 gallon pots....

Bubba

On another note...Promix and Sunshine both have nothing in it. Meaning they only get what I give them. Ocean Forest, Happy Frog both have all kinds of s-hit in them. How does on know what you should feed them with nutes/sups already in the medium....
One doesnt unless product is consistent. I suspect it isnt. Always worked before, never understood why some didnt like it. Going to avoid it using this method. I may invest in a soil tester, sounds like I wont need it with promix, but this was an expensive curve ball. Some of these seeds were expensive, worse some are rare (now) goat and Monkey Ultimate OG for crying out loud!

Bubba

Egyptians are right, new sprouts in promix are off like a shot. It must have been a hot batch of Ocean Forest. Once bitten twice shy. Pro mix is new go to it would appear.

Since it is basically peat moss, I figure it is going to have less variables and be more consistent.

Bubba

Egyptians are right, new sprouts in promix are off like a shot. It must have been a hot batch of Ocean Forest. Once bitten twice shy. Pro mix is new go to it would appear.

Since it is basically peat moss, I figure it is going to have less variables and be more consistent.

Bubba
Ocean Forest is to hot for sprouts.

Always heard that, but I used it for sprouts with no problems. Until now! I'm a promix convert. Better go pick up a few more bales.

I also changed from paper towel sprouts to those little rooter pods gmo told me about. Sprout in a dome for clones, put pod in whatever media is to be used.

Bubba

Wow. New sprouts are like a rocket, this is what I remember Snocaine do! I think I got a hot batch of OF, suddenly things are back to normal. New promix lover...it only makes sense. I do like the OF soil, but this spoiled a bunch of new sprouts. There was the cold snap too, but this promix is great.

Oh well, it got me on the stick cleaning everything down good, new PH meter, so there was a good thing or two out of the failed ones.

Never used veg nutes before, with OF soil there is no need. I added just under half strength parts A and B of the Connosseur Line, to match the bloom A and B. Following Pute's PH lesson, this is new to me and not to him so good advice to take.

Bubba

I have come to the conclusion that I got a hot bag of OF. The promix and Advanced Nutrients nutes cleared all up. New sprouts are strong. Flowering just started in flower tent, they are asleep now, but are growing like crazy.

Attachments

• IMG_20230305_085211135.jpg
    IMG_20230305_085211135.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
the garden seems to like the pro mix bubba, good for you...I'm having a hard time fining bales of the BX, wally world sells small bales for about 11 bucks each...

Latest posts

Back